Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 1.0.5 & 1.0.6 & the PTS (Deathsword) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.0.5 & 1.0.6 & the PTS (Deathsword)  (Read 55005 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 24, 2008, 04:08:33 PM

I'm just not buying it this time. Too little, too late.
Baby, I've changed.  I won't hit you no more.  Please take me back, baby.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 24, 2008, 04:58:17 PM

I've heard that before...

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #72 on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:59 PM

I would totally re'up for substantial changes.

"Me am play gods"
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 24, 2008, 05:35:19 PM

Origins is the only thing I have left to look forward to.  I think that the release of Origins would cripple WAR populations.  For that reason alone, we won't be seeing Origins anytime soon... at least not until Spring 09 or later.

Origins? Wassat, DAOC II?

From reading through the various WAR threads, I've begun to think I may have missed out on something pretty good by never playing DAOC (or not past level 10 or so at least).

Edit: Nevermind, found some info on the Origins server. DAOC looks like it might be worth giving a go though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:38:26 PM by palmer_eldritch »
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 08:07:08 PM

I would totally re'up for substantial changes.

In all honesty, I would as well (assuming you're not being sarcastic). I'm still waiting for the game they promised to be delivered, and if that time comes, I'll gladly pick it up again. However, for what I'm looking for compared to what was released, they're going to need to spend at least a year working solely on the ORvR to actually make it...well...*something*

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 25, 2008, 01:54:40 AM

Well apparently MJ is back from his EA GM meetings and plans to release a major update on plans for WAR ORvR

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/109537345/p1/?0

<shrug>

Of course the motherfucker has to say something tomorrow, It's 2 fucking days before Thanksgiving. The day when you get together with your family and your brother and cousin who are both headed for the mid-70's on their Death Knights get to call you a giant fuckhole for still playing WAR. What Jacobs wants is some turkey-stuffed evangelists who can repeat whatever announcement as the second coming of MMORPJesus, and do it with such blind devotion that they are able to withstand the rebuttal of people who are playing Lich King or Mines of Moria. I really wish there was a metric to show how many accounts get lost on Thursday just from a subscriber being shamed into canceling WAR and picking up something else by relatives who also game.
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 25, 2008, 04:49:53 AM

I hope they change contribution too!

I'm tired of busting my ass to take a keep only to have some random scrub who didn't do shit win the gold bag.

I knew it was messed up, but wow...

I'd say I'm not surprised because of how fucked up the game is, but damn, that is such a horrible system.
It was one of the many reasons I quit, I got so tired of placing 40th while getting RSI at keeps while someone else who was AFK eating or jerking off got #1 over and over.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:44 AM

I'm tired of busting my ass to take a keep only to have some random scrub who didn't do shit win the gold bag.

Are you fucking serious!? Wow. I'm just speechless.

I'm going to find a keep raid tonight and fuck the dog.  If this is true, I'm canceling. Admittedly I was close to doing that anyways.

Has Mythic even acknowledged this? Or even denied it?
gamerjock
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 26, 2008, 10:53:07 AM

Well apparently MJ is back from his EA GM meetings and plans to release a major update on plans for WAR ORvR

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/109537345/p1/?0

<shrug>

Of course the motherfucker has to say something tomorrow, It's 2 fucking days before Thanksgiving. The day when you get together with your family and your brother and cousin who are both headed for the mid-70's on their Death Knights get to call you a giant fuckhole for still playing WAR. What Jacobs wants is some turkey-stuffed evangelists who can repeat whatever announcement as the second coming of MMORPJesus, and do it with such blind devotion that they are able to withstand the rebuttal of people who are playing Lich King or Mines of Moria. I really wish there was a metric to show how many accounts get lost on Thursday just from a subscriber being shamed into canceling WAR and picking up something else by relatives who also game.

This is spot on.  My brother just got Warhammer and is having an 'ok' time but keeps asking me why we arent playing WoW.  I'm starting to run out of answers for him. 
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 27, 2008, 08:14:45 PM

What exactly is Daoc origins? I don't feel like wading through the hip-deep shit that VN is.

Is it just another Classic type server with OF? Because fucking seriously, private servers have been doing this for YEARS.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #80 on: November 28, 2008, 01:37:10 AM

Are you fucking serious!? Wow. I'm just speechless.

I'm going to find a keep raid tonight and fuck the dog.  If this is true, I'm canceling. Admittedly I was close to doing that anyways.

Has Mythic even acknowledged this? Or even denied it?

Forum reported that a 'chicken' won a gold bag.

As far as I remembered chickens deal 1 dmg. and dies in 1 hit.
For him to make it top 10 is already quite impossible in a realistic sense. :)

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Just Testing
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 28, 2008, 04:56:18 AM

The chicken winner became a chicken after dinging 41 during the encounter. 

One reason not to get worked up over the broken contribution system is that the itemisation from the bag drops is mind-boggling anyway. 

In WAR, even the winners don't win.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 28, 2008, 05:54:12 AM

Just Testing
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 28, 2008, 08:19:57 AM

well ok, so my smiliie didn't work.  sorry.  was supposed to finish with a  Rimshot
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 28, 2008, 10:07:13 AM

If it was one account of one chicken I wouldn't sweat it much.  But that's a pretty long thread of people who got high contributions while fucking the dog.  There's no conclusive evidence there but I still want to test for myself.

FWIW,  I did two keep assaults last night.  One I came in late, the other I dragged my feet.  Both times I was ranked the near the bottom in contribution, so nothing damning yet.
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: November 28, 2008, 04:38:50 PM

The chicken winner became a chicken after dinging 41 during the encounter.

Guy's been 41 for a while, actually.

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #86 on: November 28, 2008, 08:07:05 PM

If it was one account of one chicken I wouldn't sweat it much.  But that's a pretty long thread of people who got high contributions while fucking the dog.  There's no conclusive evidence there but I still want to test for myself.

FWIW,  I did two keep assaults last night.  One I came in late, the other I dragged my feet.  Both times I was ranked the near the bottom in contribution, so nothing damning yet.

Pretty much my suspicion of pre-set rolls was quite obvious. I participated in keep taking yesterday and went away with Four gold bags out of Six.
5 out of 6 times I was number 1 contribution. I thought re-speccing to Dread had something to do with it. But on the final keep I died outside holding off the order who were hounding us while the rest piled on the keep lord. Guess what I still top contribution. But I couldn't grab my gold bag cause I was dead outside the keep lol.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 1.0.5 & 1.0.6 & the PTS (Deathsword)  
Jump to: