Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1108434 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6440 on: May 16, 2019, 08:29:48 AM

Yeah, I'm going to agree as well. Creating an online petition thinking it will make a money-making subsidiary of AT&T redo something that broke viewing records is the ultimate in pissbaby whining.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6441 on: May 16, 2019, 08:30:35 AM

I don't think anybody but Sansa knows about Arya's faces trick, right? So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Arya gets in to Daenerys that way. The nice thing about a list is that you can keep adding to it.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6442 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:27 AM

I don't think anybody but Sansa knows about Arya's faces trick, right? So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Arya gets in to Daenerys that way. The nice thing about a list is that you can keep adding to it.

Walder Frey's wife knows but she's never showing up in the show again. So for the most part yes. I don't think even Jon knows.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #6443 on: May 16, 2019, 09:07:43 AM

Jamie throwing the writers under the bus. No idea how to link reddit videos outside of reddit so suck it up.

I am glad the actor felt the same way.
These types of online petitions are almost always made by the most toxic part of a fanbase and yes, manbabies. For once I agree with Schild on something entertainment related.

You're agreing with Jeff I think.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #6444 on: May 16, 2019, 09:10:12 AM

I dont know if what this Redditor says is true, but if it is D&D sound like real wankers:

Ian McElhinney (Barristan) said that when he found out his fate in s5, he wrote a lengthy letter to D&D about why he thought Barristan still had a role to play and was important to the story. D&D said themselves that getting that letter just made them want to kill Barristan even more.

I wouldn’t be surprised that if NCW has really been fighting them on Jaime’s characterization since s4 that they vindictively wrote what we’ve seen since then.

On top of that, D&D actively discouraged their actors from reading the books, so the fact that NCW and Ian McElhinney are both avid book fans probably ticked them off.

Alexander Siddig (Doran) also said about his abrupt death:

Something happened; I have no idea what. There was an enormous amount of fan excitement when I got named to be on the show, and everyone was like, “Oh my god, yes, Doran Martell. He’s going to be great as Doran Martell.” That might have been the kiss of death. Maybe they didn’t want quite that much attention on that character. Maybe they thought, “Well, let’s prove that we’re going to stray from the books. We’re going to do something else, and he will be our first example of that.” Or maybe I just screwed up. Maybe I said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6445 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:09 AM

Doran got shafted by the complete neutering of the whole Dorne storyline. Everyone was excited over his casting expected a lot more book material to make it into the show.

I am the .00000001428%
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #6446 on: May 16, 2019, 09:20:15 AM

Bah, watching some clips and S1 was really good:

War Stories (King Robert)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6447 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:43 AM

I'd forgotten just how HAUGHTY NWC played Jamie Lannister in the beginning. Such a shame they took all that character development and pissed it down their legs.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6448 on: May 16, 2019, 09:45:13 AM

Some of that development was good, but it went too far the other way.  Until suddenly it did not.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6449 on: May 16, 2019, 11:37:32 AM

Had to share this:

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #6450 on: May 16, 2019, 02:43:20 PM

So, How many dragon eggs are going to hatch that were hidden in King's Landing and/or the Red Keep.  And the story will end with dragons running loose in the 7 kingdoms.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6451 on: May 16, 2019, 03:46:53 PM

That's....

that's actually kind of a cool idea. Fire wins!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6452 on: May 16, 2019, 04:57:16 PM

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6453 on: May 16, 2019, 05:18:32 PM

So, How many dragon eggs are going to hatch that were hidden in King's Landing and/or the Red Keep.  And the story will end with dragons running loose in the 7 kingdoms.

Agree with Khaldun. Amazing idea. And does wildfire perhaps hatch a green-breath dragon? What an opening to the final episode that would be.

Wherever it goes in the end, the hate towards the show runners SHITS me. They've done a mostly fine job of extending a ridiculously unfinished series of mostly brilliant, incredibly complex books three seasons beyond what was written. They did a great job with the original material and that's what got everyone watching, and then they had to take up a whole new job. Coster-Waldau did not "throw them under a bus" in the video linked above, he just described their methods. The internet is a cesspool of excessive whinery and to everyone who's participating in it, I hope you break your TV and have to spend money on a new OLED so you can at least watch things that take place at night. Bah. Humbug.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6454 on: May 16, 2019, 05:21:20 PM

The Internet is full of unrealistic, whiny pissbabies. It is known.

That doesn't excuse some of the laziest writing I've ever seen in the last two episodes.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6455 on: May 16, 2019, 05:30:56 PM

I don't think the writing is lazy. I think it's rushed. They did themselves no favors by shortening these last two seasons.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6456 on: May 16, 2019, 05:44:41 PM

I agree. Whatever the reasons for the shortened seasons, that seems like the root cause of everything wrong with 7 and 8.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6457 on: May 16, 2019, 05:50:44 PM

Condensing acclaimed novels is one skill. Continuing them with imaginary acclaimed condensed novels is another. I'd give them a B+ and say I'm satisfied so far.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6458 on: May 16, 2019, 05:52:57 PM

I don't think the writing is lazy. I think it's rushed. They did themselves no favors by shortening these last two seasons.

I don't think it's lazy, just incompetent.

Also, Dany was miscast for the character arc, and misdirected to foreshadow (or even reflect the book) right from season 1.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6459 on: May 16, 2019, 07:56:37 PM

So, How many dragon eggs are going to hatch that were hidden in King's Landing and/or the Red Keep.  And the story will end with dragons running loose in the 7 kingdoms.
I was going to say that my theory has always been it took blood magic/sacrifice to hatch them, thus the reason it worked for Dany is that she burned the witch alive with them.  It's not just fire that hatches them.

Then I realized that she basically sacrificed a million people to the Red God (fiery death) on top of potential eggs.  So yeah, bring on the Dragon swarms I guess?  Actually, on that note, considering the very real power shown to be granted to people in return for burning people by the Red God, Dany may also go full Super Saiyan next episode.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:30:37 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #6460 on: May 16, 2019, 08:07:34 PM

Actually, on that note, considering the very real power shown to be granted to people in return for burning people by the Red God, Dany may also go full Super Saiyan next episode.   awesome, for real

Won’t have to change wigs, will just need some hair gel  awesome, for real

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #6461 on: May 16, 2019, 08:21:51 PM

Luckily, the music remains great.

This satisfies me deeply.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6462 on: May 17, 2019, 06:12:18 AM

This seems pretty on point:

--------------------------------------------

https://old.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/bnmarc/spoilers_extended_reactions_game_of_thrones/enackl0/

TabaxiTaxidermist 1423 points 4 days ago24
Patch Notes for Episode 5

Scorpions got nerfed. Significantly reduced accuracy. And the hero character Euron no longer gives a bonus to Scorpion accuracy.

Dragons got buffed. Speed and stealth have both been increased. They can now take the hide action while flying.

Dothraki have been added back to the game. Fans were upset about their removal, so they’re back now.

Battle Times have been shortened. Complaints that the Battle of Winterfell lasted too long have been heard, so now battles last no longer than 5 minutes.

Northerners and Unsullied both have reduced honor and morality meters. It is now possible for them to commit war crimes with little to no provocation.

Cersei’s speed has been reduced. She now moves sluggishly, if at all.

Euron’s plot armor has been removed.

The Mountain’s loyalty has been reduced for the introduction of the Cleganebowl game type.

Arya’s conviction has been reduced after complaints that she was too OP. Her plot armor has been significantly increased to compensate.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6463 on: May 17, 2019, 07:23:42 AM

Stolen from Schild in Discord, GoT Character political polling:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/krystieyandoli/game-of-thrones-survey

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #6464 on: May 19, 2019, 03:50:18 AM

Only if it leads into Sean Connery playing Draco in Dragonheart

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6465 on: May 19, 2019, 07:23:22 PM

Congratulations everyone, we made it!

This episode ended up not being nearly as ham-fistedly terrible as I expected.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #6466 on: May 19, 2019, 07:27:21 PM

At least they ended with some jokes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6467 on: May 19, 2019, 07:28:34 PM

Turns out the real Game of Thrones was all the friends we made along the way.

I am the .00000001428%
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6468 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:40 PM

While I was watching it I was imagining the entire internet melting down like Chernobyl with all the hate and anger at this ending.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6469 on: May 19, 2019, 07:33:19 PM

I really liked the ending personally. But I'm not as jaded as a lot of you. About the only part I didn't like was how thorough Grey Worm's heel turn was but other than that I quite liked it. Those of you predicting internet hate are missing one very, very important thing.

Ghost finally got his petting. Who's the goodest boy? Ghost is!

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6470 on: May 19, 2019, 07:35:11 PM

While I was watching it I was imagining the entire internet melting down like Chernobyl with all the hate and anger at this ending.

There was very little to hate, everything anyone might have disliked about it was the result of choices made in previous episodes.

I am the .00000001428%
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #6471 on: May 19, 2019, 07:47:04 PM

This is the ending TV only fans deserved.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6472 on: May 19, 2019, 07:52:53 PM

I'm thinking the Dany fans will melt down because she got turned into the mad-queen right at the end and murdered by the man she loves.  

The Jon fans will be angry because he did all the right things and his reward is to be sent off to a life sentence in the North.  BTW, what the hell the Night's Watch is doing anymore?   I have no idea.  

All the fans will upset at the weird choice of a cripple in a wheelchair with no charisma becoming King.  In the GoT universe I predict no more than a month goes by before some lord challenges the obvious weakling for the crown.

But really I just have the popcorn out and I'm watching.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6473 on: May 19, 2019, 07:54:05 PM

This was all obviously a setup for the spinoff show:

Adventures of the Dread Pirate Stark

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6474 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:24 PM

The Jon fans will be angry because he did all the right things and his reward is to be sent off to a life sentence in the North.

He did all the stupid things, glad they didn't reward him. Not like going north to hang out with his bros is any kind of punishment really.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: