Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:42:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1116121 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3360 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:24 AM

Of course he is, assuming he doesn't die first.  Guy's been bored of writing GOT for 7 or 8 years now. He's only kept at it to get paid.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3361 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:43 PM

Just give it to Brandon Sanderson now and save us some trouble.  It'd be interesting to see GoT as written by a Mormon.  Maybe there would be less infanticide.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3362 on: March 24, 2015, 12:27:42 PM

Ugh, now I have to be on spoiler alert for the rest of his life.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3363 on: March 24, 2015, 12:28:27 PM

I guess I'll start watching the show again.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3364 on: March 24, 2015, 03:37:44 PM

Ugh, now I have to be on spoiler alert for the rest of his life.
Now all those poor chumps that got set up for the "Red Wedding" by a book-reader that was more interested in watching them react than in the episode, have a chance to get revenge.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3365 on: March 24, 2015, 03:46:11 PM

I think there are a lot of things in the books (The rest of the Greyjoys, the Horn, etc...) that are not in the books that we'll find the books to unfold.

Plus,  I would not be surprised to have the series end and have GRRM reveal, "Yeah, that ending isn't what I have planned for the books... it was something else I planned once upon a time, but I changed those plans a long time ago.  I just lied to HBO.  Deal with it."

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3366 on: March 24, 2015, 05:07:11 PM

No. Considering there's 2 more seasons after this one - at least - the most likely thing he'll have to say is..

*decomposing*

awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #3367 on: March 24, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

No. Considering there's 2 more seasons after this one - at least - the most likely thing he'll have to say is..

*decomposing*

awesome, for real

He is about 5 years into this segment of his plan AFAIK.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3368 on: March 24, 2015, 05:33:06 PM

It was obvious from the trailer that HBO ran at the apple event a couple weeks ago that this season was going to be past the books in some places.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3369 on: March 24, 2015, 05:52:43 PM

From that moment where Tyrion looks up?  I kind of feel like they may be skipping everything that took place in the last book for Tyrion (or doing the key beats in one episode).

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3370 on: March 24, 2015, 06:35:54 PM

Good. That whole "Drunk Tyrion on the River" thing was pointless crap. Yay, you introduced us to a host of characters who may or may not matter. I'm going with Not.

Hopefully prince charcoal is out of the game, too.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3371 on: March 24, 2015, 09:42:16 PM

They've already said flat out that they're not doing "Drunk Tyrion on the river asking where whores go". So I would also assume (heavy spoilers):

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3372 on: March 25, 2015, 12:17:12 AM

The TV series is consistently better than the books.  Maybe not on every single point, but certainly as a whole.  So let them pass GRRM and do their own thing.  And if George later says "hey! that's not what was supposed to happen haha suckers!" nobody is going to care.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3373 on: March 25, 2015, 05:00:32 AM

Completely. It's been like a great edit of the books. I trust the series runners now to finish the story well more than I trust Martin to do it.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3374 on: April 07, 2015, 03:24:00 PM

Can't stop laughing   awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

https://youtu.be/BabsgCQhpu4

(Seth Myers brings Jon Snow to a dinner party)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #3375 on: April 07, 2015, 04:43:36 PM

The only thing the tv series has done was make me dislike Dani sooner. I think their going to continue to butcher Dani's story at the cost of marginally better assassin creed stark story. Which was also painfully full of filler. I won't be sad when the tv series cuts book sales in half. He wasted the 5th book and is basically trolling us into buying book ten of this series.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3376 on: April 07, 2015, 05:03:11 PM

You are more than medium high if you think Martin will write more than six books, let alone ten.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3377 on: April 07, 2015, 05:19:24 PM

I'd be willing to bet he could write a handful more Dunk and Egg books, because that's what the people want.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #3378 on: April 07, 2015, 05:51:47 PM

You are more than medium high if you think Martin will write more than six books, let alone ten.

Well assuming he doesn't just die from being fat, out of shaped and snorting coke off the tits of strippers, at the rate of filler he clogs Song of Ice and Fire with the story won't get an ending until book 10.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:10:08 AM by MediumHigh »
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3379 on: April 07, 2015, 06:50:13 PM

Let's see:

Martin filling up books with pointless stuff

+

Martin writing more and more slowly

+

Creative fulfillment of more energetic people finishing your story

X

Living large

=

Enjoy watching the HBO show! Hope you weren't planning to read it first!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3380 on: April 07, 2015, 07:13:39 PM

As I said, guy's bored and has been for years. If his contract was for 7 books as was said a decade ago, he'll write 7 and that'll be it. 

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3381 on: April 07, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

Well assuming he doesn't just die from being fat, out of shaped and snorting coke off the tits of strippers, at the rate of filler he clogs Song of Ice and Fire with story won't get an ending until book 10.

He's no longer relevant.  HBO has his notes how the series winds up.  He can write, stroke out, whatever, the TV show will be fine.  I'd imagine they'll milk the cash cow for a couple more seasons than necessary anyway.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #3382 on: April 07, 2015, 09:56:37 PM

Can't stop laughing   awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

https://youtu.be/BabsgCQhpu4

(Seth Myers brings Jon Snow to a dinner party)

Yeah that was good :)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #3383 on: April 08, 2015, 06:16:34 AM

Well assuming he doesn't just die from being fat, out of shaped and snorting coke off the tits of strippers, at the rate of filler he clogs Song of Ice and Fire with story won't get an ending until book 10.

He's no longer relevant.  HBO has his notes how the series winds up.  He can write, stroke out, whatever, the TV show will be fine.  I'd imagine they'll milk the cash cow for a couple more seasons than necessary anyway.

I don't care about the tv series. It will end, get canceled, go on hiatus, don't matter. They will end the series one way or the other. I'm a book fan and it kinda pisses me off that with no obligation to finish the series in 7 books and with the amount of filler doubling with every release we may never get a proper conclusion.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:55:54 AM by MediumHigh »
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3384 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:50 AM

I don't care about the book series.  It will never get finished by GRRM.  He's one Big Mac away from giving St. Peter a high-five.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3385 on: April 08, 2015, 11:08:15 AM

All the other big writers would like you to get over your entitlement and realize GMM owes you nothing.   awesome, for real

(Gaimain being the first one to come to mind.)

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #3386 on: April 08, 2015, 01:57:49 PM

Well, he is correct.  But I can still say fuck him.  I'll watch HBO, and if I still give a fuck in 2020 when the next book drops, I might look for it in a used book store.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3387 on: April 11, 2015, 02:19:48 AM

The only thing the tv series has done was make me dislike Dani sooner. I think their going to continue to butcher Dani's story at the cost of marginally better assassin creed stark story. Which was also painfully full of filler. I won't be sad when the tv series cuts book sales in half. He wasted the 5th book and is basically trolling us into buying book ten of this series.

The filler has been the best stuff both on TV and in the books.

I give zero fucks if neither of them ever end because I do not for one second believe anyone if going to be able to write a satisfying ending to this.

Either the ending provides closure and is way too neat for this story, or it doesn't, and everyone hates it for that as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:21:28 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3388 on: April 11, 2015, 05:14:52 AM

I think honestly that's another factor in Martin not writing: he knows he's written himself into a corner. Either some of the expected things happen and everyone says, "oh, boo-hoo, yet another fantasy series where the good guys starve off the evil threat" or the plot bleeds out in a bunch of loose ends and side stories. I suppose he could end it with the White Walkers killing everyone but a few refugees who make it to Essos, that would be original if rather depressing.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3389 on: April 11, 2015, 07:29:49 AM

I always assumed that the whole point of all this was the return of dragons and magic, and therefore Daenerys or some other heir takes control of Westeros and turns back the tide of white walkers.  There is also a subplot that nobody talks about...the incest angle in royal bloodlines.  Sometimes it goes horribly wrong (see Joffrey, Viserys, other Targaryen wackjobs), but then one comes along and is just oh-so-lovely and perfect and redeems them all.  Which again comes down to Daenerys.  So that is my prediction.  Daenrys over the White Walkers in six games.  Zombie Jon Snow as MVP.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3390 on: April 11, 2015, 09:30:37 AM

Well, given that the War of the Roses is one of the influences on the story, I think it would be perfectly fitting if it also ends with the whole of Westeros agreeing that a strong king/queen is way, way better than having each of the Houses chasing its own ambitions at any cost. But with all the hoo-hah about winter, Martin is also going to have to figure out how *anybody* is left alive if the winter lasts years and years. Everything that the people of Westeros would need to have done in order to survive that has not been done, from what we can see--they've been warring all through the harvest season.

Maybe it should end with everybody but Dany and a few others dying after killing the Walkers and starving to death and then Braavosi bankers can come in and repossess the whole kingdom when spring shows up.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3391 on: April 11, 2015, 09:54:17 AM

After the red wedding and the end of the war, I've been very firmly in the "The white walkers are the only good guys and I hope they win camp" for about a decade and a half now.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3392 on: April 11, 2015, 11:16:52 AM

Well, given that the War of the Roses is one of the influences on the story, I think it would be perfectly fitting if it also ends with the whole of Westeros agreeing that a strong king/queen is way, way better than having each of the Houses chasing its own ambitions at any cost. But with all the hoo-hah about winter, Martin is also going to have to figure out how *anybody* is left alive if the winter lasts years and years. Everything that the people of Westeros would need to have done in order to survive that has not been done, from what we can see--they've been warring all through the harvest season.

Maybe it should end with everybody but Dany and a few others dying after killing the Walkers and starving to death and then Braavosi bankers can come in and repossess the whole kingdom when spring shows up.

I've always assumed it is something like Tyrion/Sansa or Dany/Jon starting a new house,  ending the nonsense of 7 kingdoms, and a new settlement between fire and ice etc. But I'd challenge anyone to make that more fun than reading about Arya in a bar fight or Sam getting high at the citadel.

Even Brienne negotiating with Stoneheart sounds more fun than Dany presumably destroying the iron throne.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:19:40 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3393 on: April 11, 2015, 11:21:59 AM

The thing about winter, or well, the seasons in general...I understood it such that the seasons just come whenever they come and they last for an unpredictable amount of time, as if planetary movement had nothing to do with that.  Am I wrong?  Maybe they have some way of influencing how long winter actually lasts.  By having dragons roasting walkers or something.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3394 on: April 11, 2015, 01:48:31 PM

It's been theorized that Westeros' planet has a wobbly axis, a shorter tilt cycle or some combination of the two that causes the weird winters. (Earths is like 40k years for only a 2.4 degree shift)

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: