Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1116256 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1190 on: February 10, 2012, 06:34:32 AM

Can't wait to see an official picture featuring Rose Leslie as Ygritte  Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1191 on: February 10, 2012, 09:28:02 AM

I always pictured the red bitch having "Lucy Lawless in Spartacus" red hair for some reason.
Me too.  But then you look at the color shift in that image and she probably DOES have much redder hair. There's a ton of color fucking in all those pics, not just the usual Teal/ Orange.  Grr.

I pictured Stannis as having less hair than that and Hodor as younger and significantly more muscled and less pudgy. 

Brienne, however, I totally eat my words on.  Well done transformation there.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: February 10, 2012, 11:03:58 AM

Yeah, they all look great, except Stannis looks like a bank manager. And I'm wondering how Bran is going to hit his head on door frames like that.

Why except? The impression I get of Stannis a bit is a really severe, humorless, unlikeable if fairly competent boss.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1193 on: February 10, 2012, 01:03:59 PM

I was a little confused when I heard Gwendoline Christie was going to be Brienne and, well, she just looked too cute but I was sure they'd think of something.

That picture though.  Fucking damn.  Well done!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1194 on: February 10, 2012, 02:00:54 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1195 on: February 13, 2012, 11:15:31 PM

Iceland is REALLY north of the Wall, judging from this awesome,  just released production video (no spoilers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONYVXbFiR4

Oh, and just like Brienne, looking at Qhorin Halfhand, he's basically jumped out of the book for me  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:20:06 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: February 14, 2012, 07:59:35 AM

Oh, and some cute cards to get your Valentine on! :D

http://blog.chrisbishop.com/post/17554357179/game-of-thrones-valentine-cards

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:34 PM

Melisandre and Daenerys look good, Brienne, Bran and Hodor are perfect, but all the other guys are too bearded and dingy looking.  Renly, at least, should have that magnificent, oiled greek statue look to him.  They are all just bearded, kind of ugly dudes. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:36 PM

I pictured Melisandre to be much sexier and more vibrant.  She looks like a nun in that picture.  :(
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: February 23, 2012, 12:25:30 PM

New video, "Invitation to the Set":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPtTnaDbdk

Ok, at 1:38-1:39, Melisandre looks RED as she should :D

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: February 23, 2012, 01:07:17 PM

Tyrion holding the jar of wildfire  awesome, for real

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: February 26, 2012, 02:56:10 PM

...And here is a shiny, new trailer, with a lot of new footage, so don't watch if you don't want to be spoilered (no matter if you are a reader or not)

"Power and Grace" (new link, 720p official version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01BsnBuvWBQ
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:11:15 AM by Samwise »

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1202 on: March 01, 2012, 07:23:59 AM

First season DVD is now released; yesterday, HBO held a launch party, and some of the cast attended (Season 2 too!):

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/thrones-cast-steps-out-to-dvd-launch-party/
http://wicnet.tumblr.com/post/18514817255/tumblrofthrones-a-few-photos-from-the-game-of
http://wicnet.tumblr.com/post/18514580466/tumblrofthrones-more-photos-from-the-game-of
http://wicnet.tumblr.com/post/18514255115/fuckyeahwinterfell-consultingasshole-the
http://wicnet.tumblr.com/post/18514112252

Well, yes, the actress playing Brienne is TALL  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? . Oh, and the Stark family is entering puberty, no doubt about that (Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Bran, is the most evident example).

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: March 01, 2012, 09:03:41 AM

Bran and Arya already look way too old, damn.

I am the .00000001428%
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: March 01, 2012, 07:26:30 PM

Yeah, Renly. Why?!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1205 on: March 02, 2012, 11:13:20 AM

Not as funny as the "Game of Ponies" video posted a couple weeks ago, but personally I liked this Disney one :)

http://www.dorkly.com/video/33331/disneys-game-of-thrones

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: March 08, 2012, 07:09:08 AM

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1207 on: March 08, 2012, 03:26:11 PM

The wife and I just got the blue ray of this.  Holy doggy-style-sex, batman.   awesome, for real
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: March 08, 2012, 05:20:25 PM

I did too, really nasty, filthy sexin' and schemin'.

Loooooovvvvinnnngggg iiiiitttttt!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1209 on: March 09, 2012, 09:07:21 AM

I'm reading Clash of Kings right now and I'm a bit worried for this season. Despite a lot of things happening, it feels like a lot of things AREN'T happening. The Jon Snow goes beyond the wall bit and the Dany in the East storyline feel like lots of setup that I hope becomes important but probably isn't at least in this book/season.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41:00 AM

Tons of shit happens in both this book and the next, after that it becomes a bit plodding.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1211 on: March 09, 2012, 02:24:24 PM

Yeah, 2 had lots and lots to go by based on my skim last year.  3 is where TONS of good stuff happens.  Hopefully they'll combine 4 &5 into one season.

Of course it will end after that as Martin will die/ become bored and never write book 6.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1212 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:59 PM

Yeah, don't be worried about Clash of Kings/Season 2.  I don't know where you're at in the book, Haemish, but it definitely picks up if you're thinking that it is plodding right now.

Also, Storm of Swords is going to be Season 3 and Season 4 if you listen to Benioff and Weiss; they both said as much in an interview a few months ago.  Nothing official from HBO, but after the acclaim/viewership of the last season HBO will want to draw this out as long as they can before they hit book 4 and they probably won't argue with the creators.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1213 on: March 09, 2012, 03:08:31 PM

I'm reading Clash of Kings right now and I'm a bit worried for this season. Despite a lot of things happening, it feels like a lot of things AREN'T happening. The Jon Snow goes beyond the wall bit and the Dany in the East storyline feel like lots of setup that I hope becomes important but probably isn't at least in this book/season.

ROFL
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1214 on: March 09, 2012, 09:14:12 PM

I'm about 150 pages from the end, during the

I'm not saying shit hasn't happened. The whole time I've been reading the book, I'll look at the page number and go "Fuck, I'm 400 pages into this thing... and I don't feel like ANYTHING has happened."

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:32 PM

You're trying to bait us into spoiling things for you!  It won't work!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1216 on: March 09, 2012, 09:46:03 PM

Hmm, yeah, I don't know man.  I think Clash of Kings was probably the fastest moving book of the series, followed closely by storm of swords.  And that's not to say the series is slow (though its kind of gotten that way), just that I read clash of kings and thought it moved very fast.  I originally read that book in High School, but reread it again recently when book 5 came out, and still felt the same way.  

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:37 PM

Clash and Storm are chock fulla narrative movement. After that, we go off a steep cliff into nothinghappensville.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:40 AM

Finished watching it last night.  I haven't read the books, but the series was excellent.  None of the storylines ended as I expected, that's good!  I'm so glad I didn't read spoilers about this show or this world.

The Blu-Ray version was excellent, great quality with lots of extras.  At $35 it was a great bargain for over ten hours of entertainment. 

HBO has a big, big hit here.  I look forward to the second season. 
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1219 on: March 11, 2012, 08:27:35 PM

Also, Storm of Swords is going to be Season 3 and Season 4 if you listen to Benioff and Weiss; they both said as much in an interview a few months ago.  Nothing official from HBO, but after the acclaim/viewership of the last season HBO will want to draw this out as long as they can before they hit book 4 and they probably won't argue with the creators.
I'm ok with that, as long as Books 4 & 5 together are Season 5.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: March 12, 2012, 12:11:56 PM

NO SPOILERS

From what I personally gathered:

- The authors will have no problems integrating some elements from book 3 to book 2 (and so on in the future seasons) if that serves the *Television* series and makes it more fluid to watch (and it already happend in Season 1 with Arya at the end) ;

- Infact, it looks like a certain story arc involving a couple characters, that only begins at the start of Book 3, has been moved toward the end of the second season ;

- It's not official yet, but if S2 will get even more viewers, HBO will green light season 3, split into two seasons (ending the first part with a certain, big event I won't even codename it 'cause it's a spoiler itself, IMO).

- Then, because of the particular structure of book 4&5, they will probably mix 'n match the events of those two with great liberty.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1221 on: March 13, 2012, 08:50:04 AM

NO SPOILERS

From what I personally gathered:

- The authors will have no problems integrating some elements from book 3 to book 2 (and so on in the future seasons) if that serves the *Television* series and makes it more fluid to watch (and it already happend in Season 1 with Arya at the end) ;

- Infact, it looks like a certain story arc involving a couple characters, that only begins at the start of Book 3, has been moved toward the end of the second season ;

- It's not official yet, but if S2 will get even more viewers, HBO will green light season 3, split into two seasons (ending the first part with a certain, big event I won't even codename it 'cause it's a spoiler itself, IMO).

- Then, because of the particular structure of book 4&5, they will probably mix 'n match the events of those two with great liberty.

What are they going to do with the parts he never finishes?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1222 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:51 AM

Write them for him as he's bored, I'm hoping.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: March 13, 2012, 12:03:26 PM

Have you guys already seen the character "featurettes" for S2?

Here they are (at the following link there are more beside the Dany one):
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/03/new-character-profile-video-for-daenerys/

More to come, presumably!

And here's the latest trailer, "The More You Love" with a very short, first glimpse of Ygritte!!!!  Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S14rYrSSW8

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1224 on: March 18, 2014, 11:49:06 PM

Game of Thrones returns to Northern Ireland for new series

Television series Game of Thrones looks set to return to Northern Ireland for a further two series.

American TV bosses are said to have given the nod for author George RR Martin's book Storm Of The Swords to be adapted for the small screen for series three and four of the fantasy epic, which airs on Sky Atlantic in the UK.
HBO is keeping tight-lipped over the location of series three and four, as are Northern Ireland Screen.

But sources close to the production crew say they have been told to clear their diaries for the return of Game of Thrones to Northern Ireland this summer.

Extras NI also appears to have knowledge of the shooting of series three and four.

When asked by would-be actors on Facebook if it needed extras it revealed auditions would be taking place in the coming months.

Didn't see anything certain in the above but it looks positive.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: