Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:17:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!  (Read 4752 times)
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

on: November 12, 2008, 06:09:14 AM

Anyone here into this show? I like it quite a bit... Lots of silly quotes and whatnot. Too funny.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:16:30 PM

I think I speak for most of us here when I ask:

Huh?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:10:46 PM

Very very stupid show. I can't understand why anyone finds it funny.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:13:35 PM

MY tinfoil hat theory is that this show exists to make Squidbillies look good in comparison.

"Me am play gods"
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:51:36 PM

This is a show for when you are high/drunk from all the people i've talked to who've ever enjoyed it, this seems to be the case.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 10:38:37 PM

Brule's Rules!!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 12:58:06 AM

I am NOT suggesting that they are anywhere near the same level as Monty Python, but I think they are trying to do the same thing.  Basically, they are seeing how weird and uncomfortable and crazy they can go and still be funny.  Pushing the boundaries of comedy, and all that.  This, of course, results in 95% of what they do being total crap.  There are a few gems, though.  I like Brule's Rules, and the Cincophone.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 06:48:58 PM

Yeah, i can see that some of if not all the stuff on that show could come off lame, but it is good because it is so absurd. I never really had a chance to dislike it, I was initially totally confused, then I found myself quoting random lines from it. Yeah I like this show.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 06:26:24 PM

Mediocre most of the time, with the occasional flash of pure awesome.  Such as "Think about your dad".  When it's good...it's really, really good.  Often just fails though.  Fine line.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:30:57 PM by trias_e »
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 02:54:00 AM

I'm conflicted about cartoon network. Original Adult Swim and Toonami were so fucking great... But they have really fallen a long way. There are still a couple of gems, but most of it is just not worth it.

Another network that has turned to shit? G4. Attack of the Show is a steaming pile, and always has been. TechTV was great (I only started recieving the channel after it's first iteration), bring back Anime Unleashed!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 10:47:54 AM

AOTS as a show is crap, but I enjoy watching it because of the interaction between Kevin and Olivia.  Their antics remind me of all the good f13 emoticons.

awesome, for real this guy looks legit Ohhhhh, I see. swamp poop ACK! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS why so serious? my what do we have here?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!  
Jump to: