Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Game Update 1.0.4b 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Update 1.0.4b  (Read 40466 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: November 11, 2008, 07:44:20 AM

We have provided the notes for 1.0.4b below, enjoy...and don't forget to stop by the Public Test Server and give us your feedback on 1.0.5, coming soon!

Highlights

* When conquered, Keeps will always provide three gold loot bags and Fortresses will now offer six guaranteed gold loot bags as part of the chest loot.

* Rally Masters have been added to all warcamps. Now, players can set their rally point in a warcamp in the same manner as binding in a chapter hub.

* To promote population balance among the various scenarios, we have added a feature that reduces the number of times a specific scenario can launch in a short period of time. This will give scenarios which are launched less frequently an opportunity to catch up in the queue population and launch more often.

General Changes and Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue that prevented grouped players from earning influence if the group's leader was in a different zone.

Combat and Careers
Engineer

* Electromagnet: This ability has undergone significant changes. The cost of the ability has been significantly reduced while the cooldown has been increased. In addition the build time has been increased, the ability can no longer be cast on the move, and the maximum number of targets affected by this ability has been decreased and it can now be defended against. Lastly this ability will grant immunity to knockback effects.

Magus

* Chaotic Rift: This ability has undergone significant changes. The cost of the ability has been significantly reduced and its cooldown has been increased. In addition, the build time has been increased. The ability can no longer be cast on the move, the maximum number of targets affected by this ability has been decreased, and it can now be defended against. Lastly, this ability will also grant immunity to knockback effects.

Items

* In addition to reducing the amount of damage received from high-level encounter NPCs, each Ward on high-level armor set pieces worn will now affect the amount of damage players are able to do to those NPCs. Players not wearing any pieces of the appropriate armor set will see their damage greatly reduced. For each piece of the appropriate armor a player wears, their damage against the boss monster will increase.

Link

EIDT: Fixed the post back.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:11:18 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 07:51:01 AM

So can you still pull through walls with them?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:04 AM

Well, no, you could never pull through walls, just doors.  I am pretty sure only AE spells work through walls.  But, yea, you can still pull people through doors if they have not learned to stand next to the wall instead of the door.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:16:05 AM

So can you still pull through walls with them?

This doesn't look like a bug patch. Isn't it fixed on test?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:43:18 AM

The top two changes should have been in at release.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 09:47:20 AM

You still can't career train in a warcamp.  You need to go elsewhere.  Explain that one to me.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 09:49:22 AM

You still can't career train in a warcamp.  You need to go elsewhere.  Explain that one to me.

In other games that require a trainer, its worse. I mean, there is a career trainer in every single hub for the most part BUT war camps. Would you rather the only place to do it be the major city's?

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 10:26:09 AM

In other games that require a trainer, its worse. I mean, there is a career trainer in every single hub for the most part BUT war camps. Would you rather the only place to do it be the major city's?

Yeah, this doesn't bother me.  It does bother me that I can't get on a horse and ride from one camp to another. If I want to do any PQs or quests that are any bit of distance from the warcamp  you better be ready to drive that toon with your mouse.  Is it that big of a deal to put in horse taxis or whatever?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 10:33:39 AM

Yes. Takes too fucking long.
Teleport is the answer.
If zerging RvR is a concern, throw some kinda debuff that cuts pvp damage by 50% and doubles the pvp damage you take, or some shit. Just make it instant.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:57 AM

Its the everyone but the warcamps thing that gets me.  Plus the fact that warcamps are already the go to place for travel.  Its a uniformity.  Having them there, but no where else strikes me as a bit of Calvin ball.  Its another one of those stupid polish things, one of those things that it can be tough to notice if follow certain pairings.  For all three of the Order T1 pairings, the warcamp is attached to that chapters hub, giving the illusion of one large camp.  Same thing happens in HE T2 where I spent my time on my first character.  I have not done much T2 Dwarf, so I don't know how that goes, but T2 Human does begin the split chapter/warcamp model which continues through the rest of the game.  While in hindsight I can see that they did not switch modes, my experience and the initial pairing choice gives the impression that they were haphazard with their rule, even when they weren't.
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:39:55 AM

No, I'd like the design team who figured out that crafting stations were bullshit and let me make stuff wherever I wanted to have a fucking clue and make shit more accessible.

Well, no, you could never pull through walls, just doors.  I am pretty sure only AE spells work through walls.  But, yea, you can still pull people through doors if they have not learned to stand next to the wall instead of the door.
The Order players on my server consider standing next to the wall to avoid AoE's to be an exploit.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:41:44 AM by d4rkj3di »
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 12:25:06 PM

Wow, are people that lazy?

Christ, lets just make it so you can train without a trainer, teleport anywhere in the world, and instantly teleport to the action in an RvR pool.

If you want a game like that, go buy an FPS. Quit suggesting that companies totally noob-up their MMOs so down-syndrome kids can play.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 12:29:09 PM

Christ, lets just make it so you can train without a trainer, teleport anywhere in the world, and instantly teleport to the action in an RvR pool.
I'd quite like that, actually.

Acessing the AH from anywhere would also be nice.

Can't play FPS's. Latency's an issue there, not skill. Not so much with a 1.5s gcd.

Acessibility =/= noobing up, but hey, feel free to keep believing that WALKING = MAD SKILLZ YO!

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 12:39:34 PM

If you want a game like that, go buy an FPS. Quit suggesting that companies totally noob-up their MMOs so down-syndrome kids can play.

Lazy?  Game?  What's that watermelon doing there?

Yes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 01:03:06 PM

Let me remind you of something: Games are made for enjoyment.  They aren't about self esteem.  They aren't about enduring anything.  They're about having fun.  If something is in the way of "teh fun" then yes, getting rid of it is a good idea.  Making something more difficult than it needs to be doesn't add any value to it. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 01:05:17 PM

FOAD. Also yes, I'd like that very much. Tedium != fun.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 01:14:07 PM

Tedium also doesn't equal "hard" or "challenging". More than anything else this is what drives me wild about one small but constantly yapping segment of the MMOG playerbase, is the faction of catassers who think that if they had to sit in a chair and kill virtual cockroaches until they got bedsores on their asses in order just to equip their characters with a leather thong, they're somehow "skilled" at MMOGs compared to all the retards who foolishly just wanted to have fun for a couple of hours.

This is the best example of Skinnerian psychology in action that I've ever seen, actually; rats getting so used to pulling levers to get a thin sliver of cheese that they've ceased to notice that there's a huge fucking block of delicious cheddar sitting right behind them.

What would make any digital game challenging is when the interaction between rules, setting, underlying technology and the actions of other players makes for interesting choices, and where there are a variety of plausible, workable choices that different players can make. What makes this challenging when you move it into a virtual world or MMOG is when those interesting choices have persistent consequences (whether for a single PvP battle or in larger and longer scales) that build and accumulate in different but coherent ways, and structure the next series of choices that players have to make. Challenging = interesting. Tedious does not equal interesting.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 01:39:01 PM

I believe some of you are confusing the argument of tedium vs. instant gratification here.

Games certainly do have to have some sort of time investment and every game from old school nintendo with no saves or a new game like fallout3 with having to travel and discover new areas demonstrates this.  The only real question is do these time sinks feel boring and tedious or not? If they do then yes you need to change them but the whole idea of time sinks in general is not a bad idea.

Having to revisit your trainer every single level in warhammer does indeed feel tedious because at least in early levels, it happens so god damned often. Also I think pve feeling like a chore doesn't help it in this regard.

Perma-death, exp loss, item loss...none of these things would be bad IF(and only if) regaining them was fun in and of itself. Many developers confuse "they're playing our game" with "they're having fun playing our game" and that's where you get flat out stupid designs.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 01:54:56 PM

* To promote population balance among the various scenarios, we have added a feature that reduces the number of times a specific scenario can launch in a short period of time. This will give scenarios which are launched less frequently an opportunity to catch up in the queue population and launch more often.
This could actually be significant help to oRvR if we can actually get the scenarios to pop once we conquer the lake.

EDIT: Sorry about fucking up the OP.

"Me am play gods"
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 02:09:24 PM

I believe some of you are confusing the argument of tedium vs. instant gratification here.

No, we aren't. That's why no one asked for free lewt.
Discovering NEW areas is fine, having to walk through the same fucking shit every single time I wanna get somewhere isn't.

Unless by "some" you meant Waffel, in which case I not only agree, but also doubt that his mental faculties are sound.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:12:17 PM by Itto »

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 02:12:17 PM

Let me remind you of something: Games are made for enjoyment.  They aren't about self esteem.  They aren't about enduring anything.  They're about having fun.  If something is in the way of "teh fun" then yes, getting rid of it is a good idea.  Making something more difficult than it needs to be doesn't add any value to it. 

disagree.  You gotta feel good that you're spending time doing something you can't otherwise label as "productive".  Games have to trick you by learning, having fun, fiero/lulz, whatever into that.  Otherwise it's a "grind" and that leads to low esteem and frustration. 

Edit: sorry for derail, plz ignore
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:22:27 PM by Soln »
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 02:14:59 PM

Instant travel everywhere because people need constant stimulation kills any form of organized RvR tactics. MMOs are MASSIVE, meaning a MASSIVE WORLD. Whats the point of having a massive world if you can get to every corner of it instantly?

No, we aren't. That's why no one asked for free lewt.
Discovering NEW areas is fine, having to walk through the same fucking shit every single time I wanna get somewhere isn't.

Unless by "some" you meant Waffel, in which case I not only agree, but also doubt that his mental faculties are sound.

What areas do you have to constantly travel through every time you want to go somewhere? Seriously? Or are you just bitching for the sake of bitching because you can't find anything you enjoy about warhammer anymore? Maybe MMORPGs aren't for you if you don't want to travel anywhere and the thought of having to *gasp* go to a town to train is stressful.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:18:53 PM by waffel »
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 02:17:55 PM

Having fun.

Also, read the bit about being cool with a pvp debuff.
---

4 against 1. You're wrong.

FOAD.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:22:03 PM by Itto »

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 02:24:41 PM

All I'm suggesting is that if you don't like traveling anywhere in MMORPGS because it is super-duper-omfg-unfun, and that you somehow think that companies are going to remove all travel time (rofl) from their games to make you happy, that you really should be looking elsewhere in the gaming market. It's not going to change.

And while it's fun and all to be on the "Warhammer fucking sucks, Mythic fucking sucks, everything they do is fucking stupid" bandwagon, you really should pick better thing in the game to bitch about other than travel times. There are plenty of bad game designs to cry about. Bitching about riding to a town to train, or going to a city to use the auction house just makes you look silly.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:27:25 PM by waffel »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 02:40:09 PM

Having to revisit your trainer every single level in warhammer does indeed feel tedious because at least in early levels, it happens so god damned often. Also I think pve feeling like a chore doesn't help it in this regard.

And here i was, recalling i have to go to one place, and see a specific trainer with in that place to train in Wow. Gosh.

Lets not forget, in War, one trainer does every one, there is loot that drops that always shows something for your class, and every quest in the game gives you something for you, and your class.

Most of this stuff you guys are saying, falls under "Some people will just never be satisfied".

There is a huge difference in travel time between games, but with the addition of flight masters to EVERY war camp, this is a non issue in warhammer, they fixed a very real time sink and cockblack to fun. Most of you are arguing that it wasn't enough, when it was more than enough, you just want your cake and eat it too. For fucks sake, most warcamps have a hub right next to them about one minutes walk OH NOZ! Also guess where that flight master goes?

And yes Nebu, i know.

Also, What happened to my OP?  why so serious?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:48:03 PM by Mrbloodworth »

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 02:59:41 PM

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Mrbloodworth's post "going rogue."

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 03:01:59 PM

Instant travel everywhere because people need constant stimulation kills any form of organized RvR tactics. MMOs are MASSIVE, meaning a MASSIVE WORLD. Whats the point of having a massive world if you can get to every corner of it instantly?

Your argument about a world completely falls on its ass when you consider that scenarios are instant PVP gratification boxes. It's not like people are asking for teleports right to the area where the action is taking place, just you know, somewhere in the goddamn vicinity.

Travel times are fine the first 10 times. The next 100? Not so much.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 03:04:22 PM

And while it's fun and all to be on the "Warhammer fucking sucks, Mythic fucking sucks, everything they do is fucking stupid

We want to improve the game, imbecile. Think shit will improve if we say their farts smell of roses?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:07:58 PM by Itto »

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 03:46:33 PM

/AFK

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 06:06:37 PM

Yes, but the other side might have a dictor sitting on it.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Man, I love all these new people. They're trying to debate shit we (well, some of us anyway) argued to death on Lum's board a week after EQ was released.

Hey new guys, I'll spoil the ending for you. How does WoW do it? That's the right way, except for raiding - which always was and always will be for little masochist bitches trying to feel good about being sub-human failures.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 11:54:12 PM

Massive modifies Multi-player, as in many people online.  It is not a descriptor for the size of the playable area.  Not that it precludes massive worlds should the designers choose to make them such.

/pedantic derail

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Le0

Email
Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 01:45:52 AM

Hey new guys, I'll spoil the ending for you. How does WoW do it? That's the right way, except for raiding - which always was and always will be for little masochist bitches trying to feel good about being sub-human failures.

I really think it hard to believe you estimate that Wow makes it right while at the same time calling yourself some kind of vet?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 02:15:52 AM

Funny thread on vn

seems no set pieces = 100% reduction in damage
1 set piece = 80% reduction
2 set pieces 60% and so on

basically you need full set gear to do your normal damage

Our BW went into Lost vale today to test the wards. Without any set pieces on he was hitting sprites for 1 damage 2 damage crits. 2 set pieces 200 damage-400 crits. He normally does like 1500. Sorry that's not 50% that 100%. That said, unless you have sentinel or higer you will not do any damage to fortress lords, at all. You will do 1 damage. Basically they saw city sieges were too easy by us pushing IC twice in 3 days. They implement this and now no sever will kill a fortress lord until they all have sentinel/conq gear.

And kryv you will do ZERO damage to the king without the rr 70 gear. gg no more city raids for a long, long time. or Lost vale for that matter.

I've been to Bastion Stair twice now, it's fairly shit to be honest. 

First time I was level 34 or so and had a couple of drops, a blue sword and blue pistol that were pretty good so I didn't mind that much. 

Now I'm a level 38 Witch Hunter two PVE quest reward weapons equiped that I'm unlikely to want to swap out, possibly ever, due to procs, Ironwind and Judgement

Spent a couple of hours in Bastion Stair last night and, well, it wasn't much fun.  I'm not that interested in armour loot, so no clue what drops what, but I didn't see anyone get anything of any use to them, so if the intent is to make me constantly grind Bastion Stair (when I'm already bored of it after two visits), then  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 02:23:37 AM

There's that classic DaoC PvE experience!

Now they just need to up the miss rate to 95%  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Game Update 1.0.4b  
Jump to: