Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Nile Online 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nile Online  (Read 193814 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #1015 on: February 13, 2009, 05:02:24 PM

I'll be dropping my 4th city in 20hours (waiting on boats to return) and then my other 4th city in a few more days, I'll have every lux good except for cedar shortly!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1016 on: February 14, 2009, 07:52:44 AM

I am gonna focus on expanding my market radius, then I will shift to making a fourth city as well. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1017 on: February 14, 2009, 10:17:15 AM

I've had my fourth city up for a week, bitches.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: February 15, 2009, 01:22:24 AM

I got jumped by some guy taking over my monument, several times. He'd just knock it down a level, and leave, let me retake it, then knock it down again. So I'm overstocking on military right now, daring him to have another go at it. He's like way behind me, so it was rather embarassing to see this level 8 nub tear down my shitty wall.

Cedar inc to all the new towns! Even to Sam who probably doesn't need it!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:24:05 AM by Slyfeind »

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1019 on: February 15, 2009, 07:25:28 AM

I got a monument but decided to say screw it and just buy limestone instead.

Do I need a monument?  Isn't it cheaper to just buy limestone?  Is there some other reason I might want one?
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: February 15, 2009, 07:58:20 AM

Ok, I'm late to the party.

name : Aez

Can I get an invite to Bat Country?

Is the subscription worth it?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1021 on: February 15, 2009, 08:35:01 AM

Thanks, Sly!

Tip on keeping your monument: just let the guy who took it keep it, and take a new one from the bandits.  He'll be stuck, because once you have two monuments you can't launch any new attacks.  It's easier for you to take new monuments from the bandits than it is for him to lose his monument so he can keep harassing you.

Xan, having your own monument is definitely more cost-effective.  But I shouldn't tell you that, since one of the things that makes it more cost-effective is having people around willing to buy up all your extra limestone so you can feed your soldiers.   wink

Aez, no invite needed.  Subbing is essentially a donation at this point IMO.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: February 15, 2009, 11:39:55 AM

I don't even bother keeping more than a couple soldiers in my monuments, they haven't been attacked yet and I get to enjoy 1.1bread limestone+10% bonus to production in every city.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1023 on: February 16, 2009, 10:16:55 AM

I'm having fun amassing insane troops. It's expensive as hell, but I like big numbers.

Have some cedar, Aez! *sent*

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1024 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:56 PM

Thx for the cedar Slyfeind.  Noob question : I guess it's normal I haven't received it yet.  It's on a boat or something?
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1025 on: February 16, 2009, 03:26:50 PM

It just takes time to get there. Hm, come to think of it...I can't remember if you can receive goods without a port. I know you can't send them.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1026 on: February 16, 2009, 04:08:33 PM

You can always receive goods.  Maximum travel time is 24 hours, depending on how far away you are and whether the sender has any monuments.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1027 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:15 AM

Who wants free shit?!?!?!?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1028 on: February 17, 2009, 10:32:04 AM

I DO! I know you sent me stuff before but I'll take more if you want.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1029 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:18 AM

I always want free shit.

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1030 on: February 17, 2009, 01:06:58 PM

*Raise hand*
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #1031 on: February 19, 2009, 06:46:50 AM

Who wants free shit?!?!?!?

meeeeeeee!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1032 on: February 19, 2009, 06:58:26 AM

I just don't even know what I'm doing anymore.  I have 3 cities, I log in, send henna and sandals off, and build something.  I either buy crap that I need or I don't.  I don't sell anything, hardly, so I have massive stores of everything.  I had a monument but quickly got tired of sending bread to it, so I moved everyone off it.

Why am I doing this again?
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1033 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:41 PM

I'm in the same boat xan, 4 cities on 2 accounts, don't really feel like doing anything anymore.

Anyone want 2 accounts with 3 level 15 cities and a level 4, with 2 level 5 monuments?

I generate every single luxmat except for cedar now ^_^
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1034 on: February 19, 2009, 01:25:16 PM

I'm in the same boat xan, 4 cities on 2 accounts, don't really feel like doing anything anymore.

Anyone want 2 accounts with 3 level 15 cities and a level 4, with 2 level 5 monuments?

I generate every single luxmat except for cedar now ^_^

No, but feel free to send me all your stuff.  I plan to hang in there until I can build myself a mighty tomb and bury all my slaves with me.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1035 on: February 19, 2009, 02:01:40 PM

I'll take anything people want to send me. When I go I'm going to have the most pimped out tomb possible. And I'm going to burn the entire local economy to the ground. WHEEEE!!!!!
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1036 on: February 19, 2009, 08:07:20 PM

I just don't even know what I'm doing anymore.  I have 3 cities, I log in, send henna and sandals off, and build something.  I either buy crap that I need or I don't.  I don't sell anything, hardly, so I have massive stores of everything.  I had a monument but quickly got tired of sending bread to it, so I moved everyone off it.

Heh, feel free to cut me off. I've pretty much halted trades with everyone. Yay low maintenance.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1037 on: February 21, 2009, 07:46:16 AM

Heh, feel free to cut me off. I've pretty much halted trades with everyone. Yay low maintenance.

No, that's the trouble, I can't - you're my only trading partner. 

I don't know why I'm doing it but I'm still doing it.

The aimlessness doesn't mean I'm quitting.  Yet anyway.

Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1038 on: February 21, 2009, 10:42:23 AM

Enjoy- between the 2 accounts every luxmat except for cedar is produced.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:40:45 PM by Nerf »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1039 on: February 21, 2009, 10:50:54 AM

I wonder how fast those passwords will be changed.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1040 on: February 21, 2009, 10:55:37 AM

Probably pretty fast and by a dirty, thieving lurker.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1041 on: February 21, 2009, 12:18:40 PM

I am still building my empire - no idea why.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1042 on: February 21, 2009, 01:21:07 PM

So, who ended up getting them?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1043 on: February 25, 2009, 04:48:04 PM

Welp, so much for this game.  They just changed their monetization method in such a way as to murder the game.  Giving it a few days to see how this shakes out, but I have a feeling I'm out.

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22782

edit:  suppose I should include the important part from that thread

"Expanding to new cities requires Scarabs. Every major palace upgrade (upgrades where the graphics change and you get a spec point) beyond level 6 requires a Scarab."

I'm all for a company monetizing it's product, but this seems really hamfisted.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 04:53:04 PM by Ard »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1044 on: February 25, 2009, 05:01:29 PM

Wow.  That's pretty lame.

I guess I could spend about 5 bucks and be able to max out most of my cities.  But springing this kind of change with no warning is shitty.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1045 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:02 PM

Wow.  That's pretty lame.

I guess I could spend about 5 bucks and be able to max out most of my cities.  But springing this kind of change with no warning is shitty.

Especially since they'd already had a subscription model going, and when they first announced this, it sounded like it was going to be as unobtrusive as the subscription method.  In this very specific case, given the length of the beta, it's probably doomed the game, and will likely drive away most of the long timers, but I'm a pessimist.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1046 on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:53 PM

Oh hey, only every third level (the "major upgrades") cost a scarab.  I'll just be able to max out all 4 cities without spending a cent.

Okay, I feel better about the new regime now.  Good thing I had stuff upgraded as far as I did.  Definitely not going to start a new account after retiring this one though.   tongue

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1047 on: February 25, 2009, 05:33:45 PM

Oh hey, only every third level (the "major upgrades") cost a scarab.  I'll just be able to max out all 4 cities without spending a cent.

Okay, I feel better about the new regime now.  Good thing I had stuff upgraded as far as I did.  Definitely not going to start a new account after retiring this one though.   tongue

I just got my fourth city in under the wire, but I have to do all the palace upgrades for it.  I'm not sure if I care anymore, I was mostly playing habitually at this point anyhow.

There is, however, lots of potential for griefing now that pyramids cost real money.  What I can't figure out is if they're a one time cost per account, per month, or if it's per creation.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1048 on: February 25, 2009, 06:06:43 PM

Wow. Just wow. That's the epitome of dumb. I'm all for micropayments, but that's a dumb system. Bye bye Tilted Mill. It's been fun. Ish.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #1049 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:50 PM

I can't see myself making an account on the new server with this system set up.  I hate the 'alternative currency' form of microtransactions, I'd probably happily pay a one time 'upgrade account' feature from trial to full but thats about it.  If people want to pay for monkeys and shit keep that stuff separate.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Nile Online  
Jump to: