Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Top Chef Season 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top Chef Season 5  (Read 55630 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: March 05, 2009, 01:23:06 AM

The best episode of the season may not have really been an actual episode.

Stefan's look after Padma walked in with the hard nipples - I loled so hard.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: March 08, 2009, 11:37:33 AM

This thread got me to go back and start watching the whole series,

As someone with it fresh in their mind I really agree with the whole Ilan Spanish mediocrity, He just did the same dishes over and over.

Am I the only one who ends up rooting for the "evil chef"? The whole sous chef setup at the end of both season's seem to cripple the chef's and then the sous's try to screw them(mia/betty) over at the end with the judges.

Marcel: "...I thought it was going to take more then f'n saffron and paprika to beat me, but apparently not..."  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: March 31, 2009, 06:53:58 PM

The only thing I enjoyed about the finale was watching Hosea being a sad, sad, simpleton (flipping off Stefan, taking all the foie gras, saying how great it was to beat Stefan, etc).

This has come up before like Betty/Elia with Marcel, but holy shit to make that person the top chef?!

Fabio was the only chef that even kept me watching, but even that was difficult in the last two lackluster seasons. Tom looked so disgusted at times during the season, it showed in season four when they were in diner and he was reading the paper and drinking a coffee while hosting the show. I get the feeling he wanted to weed out so many people during this season but is wrangled in for the better of the show.

The only bright spot is a new season, hopefully they can find some better chefs. Seriously get a couple or even one molecular gastronomy chefs in there Blais and Marcel kept your food contests interesting even when they bombed.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: April 02, 2009, 06:46:39 PM

Poll:

Favourite Top Chef Season?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
schild
Administrator

Reply #249 on: April 02, 2009, 06:47:40 PM

Poll:

Favourite Top Chef Season?

Then 3. But only because of Hung.

Hell, season 1 had a downy that could cook better than anyone on the last 2 seasons.

Actually, 4 was decent, but it isn't a "favorite."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #250 on: April 02, 2009, 07:00:05 PM

Then 3. But only because of Hung Casey.
FIFY awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #251 on: April 02, 2009, 07:02:14 PM

On the eyes, Casey was great. But I watch the show for the cooking. You're helping to perpetuate the PROBLEM with the show >_<
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #252 on: April 02, 2009, 07:05:27 PM

If I want to watch great chefs cook weird food and actually learn something about cooking I watch Iron Chef.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Top Chef Season 5  
Jump to: