Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country moving Red Eye Mountain 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country moving Red Eye Mountain  (Read 25371 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 12:51:52 PM

Sadly, takes too much xp to get out of T2. Can't even imagine T3 being worse.
Try this then:

I reached the T3 elf area at 19, very close to 20.  It wasn't that bad because I didn't do a lot of scenarios towards the end.  (I got tired of being one of two people to guard the flag in Phoenix Gate, and the other two scenarios didn't provide much for a Swordmaster.)

I got through Avelorn and the first area of the Saphery and I'm mid-way through 24.  All the mobs are level 29 at this point.  As I'm a defensive build I can actually outlast two or three on me, but it's slow and if a wandering champion (bastards are everywhere now) happens by, I will die.  I was doing scenarios fairly regularly, but again i tend to play defensively, so it didn't provide a lot of xp.  I also couldn't bring myself to spam Gust of Wind in Tor Anaroc.  I'd use it on occasion, but it started feeling really cheap.  (Further, I got tired of being the only one to go after the Dude with the Thing.  Yay for single-handedly winning a few of our rounds by making sure they went down and then keeping half a dozen people beating on me instead of going to pick up the bauble.)

It's not even the future design idiocies which stopped me from playing.  It's that I've ended up being under-leveled by the content by five.  I refuse to grind, so there is no advancement option except to head to other pairings, where I haven't been following the story, so it's just a different grind.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 01:16:54 PM

I reached the T3 elf area at 19, very close to 20.  It wasn't that bad because I didn't do a lot of scenarios towards the end.  (I got tired of being one of two people to guard the flag in Phoenix Gate, and the other two scenarios didn't provide much for a Swordmaster.)

Mourkain is quite durn good for a Hoeth SM with s&b sporting that tactic that gives a dot to ensorcelled blow , actually, as is Phoenix if you play on O. Ended up becoming a tank and we hunter. Learned fast not to give a crap about D, since Mythic is too fucking dumb to reward the people that try to play the game properly. That's the reason why you see people with the artifact staying near the fight, even though it's a very bad tactical move. My SM was tearing shit up at 15-16, and I tended to get healed a lot, due to heavy use of guard and taunt.

Troll Country... that shit be random. Completely random. Never saw a reversal in the +-5 times that that thing popped.

Having an account with 7 11+ characters and not a single 20+ (heck, not a single 17+) should be a clear enough indicator that something is dead wrong with the game.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 09:47:50 PM

I used the Ensorcelled DoT, Rugged, and took Aetheric Armor.  With the stance dancing mod that switched my taskbar I really enjoyed the class.  Even in PvP, which says something since I'm a total Carebear.

At least until hitting that wall in T3.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 09:00:08 AM

You hit the same wall I did in t3, only mine was in the Empire area. Until I hit level 24, all the mobs were 5+ levels above me, their patrol patterns crossed over all the roads so there was no easy way to travel, and all the quests I got took me through areas full of mobs I couldn't avoid even with the shitty With Hunter stealth. Most quests also gave me rewards I wouldn't be able to use for another 2 levels after I got done with the quest. Wandering champion mobs everywhere, little to no oRVR action going on, and the only fucking scenario that popped with any regularity was Tor Anroc. I finally went into the dwarven lands to get some quests, but it had all worn me down. I barely made it to 25.

The t2 grind is NOTHING, aboslutely NOTHING compared to the t3 grind. At least you have quests that fit your level without going to other faction zones. t3 is just a 90 degree inclined cliff after a slowly rising hill.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 09:27:46 AM

Y'know, yesterday while playing a friend's account with a WE at level 10, I found the answer to the current grind,

Leaving party at scenarios and going for solo kills.
Seriously.
Did some norden, ekrund and khaine's. When we lost, I got 10k xp. Highest order was 6.8.
Funny thing is, if you go completey solo you get loads of xp, sure, but even if you go with the team, you'll be getting more xp on the enemies you dps, to the tune of at least 450 per kill. Being grouped would net your 230-250.
Being a complete prick, whenever I died, i'd rejoin a group for the walk back, get any xp/renown that would come due to proximity while on my way to the flanks, position, drop group, kill.

There's your leveling mechanic. Each solo kill gives almost as much xp as a quest reward. AWESOME DESIGN!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 08:29:04 PM

lol u bastid.  awesome, for real isn't that like old news by now. I mean fuck, I played a sorc and if I died with no heals on me, I'd just leave party n solo kills.
but yeah rejoining sounds good lol.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country moving Red Eye Mountain  
Jump to: