Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Part 1 Update for Patch 1.05 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Part 1 Update for Patch 1.05  (Read 52951 times)
deadlyanteater
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 12:56:44 PM

Hello 1999 gfx! Good lord that is ugly.

[/quote]

r0flcopters.

get a job and a new computer n00b . hahah DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 12:57:11 PM

My take, in short, is that I want testing before I am convinced these are as bad as they seem.

People are screaming about notes and have no hard data to look at.

I think the screaming is silly, both here and over there.

I remember all the screaming bloody murder from mids prior to the patch that ended up boosting mids significantly, something that was not obvious on paper.  As a result I have more faith in Mythic than the players, and I don't have much faith in Mythic.

As to the comment about this going to the test server ... if you have any experience with DAoC, once on test you can pretty much count on it going to production.  But the bigger issue, I think, is people feeling like Mythic is going in the wrong direction with these changes.  I adressed thata bove, but if they are going in the wrong direction what does it matter that it's going on test first?
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 12:57:27 PM

get a job and a new computer n00b . hahah :DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS:

Excuse me?
schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:29 PM

Also, about the notes: It's not what's in the notes - it's plainly obvious Mythic could never balance anything, ever. Fine. It's what is not in the notes that's bothering me.

Forest, meet trees. Palm, meet forehead.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 06, 2008, 01:07:24 PM

So.... all this talk from Mark before release about wanting meaningful PvP with strategy and not dying within 3 seconds of being engaged in combat....

...just went right out the window, landed in the middle of the Interstate and was flattened by an assload of 18-wheelers.

Next thing you know, they'll implement resilience and we'll have to grind out Public Quests to get gear we can PvP in.

Getting insta-gibbed or close to it is already common in T3 and especially T4, and healers are often powerless to stop it if the person has a healing debuff on them.

Do you waste a gcd on a cleanse that has a 50% or lower chance to remove the healing debuff and have them die before you can get off a heal to follow the cleanse, or do you try to heal through the debuff with hots that tick for 100-200 every three seconds and 3 sec heals that hit for 400-500 and crit for 600-750?

Answer: doesn't matter either way they will likely die barring some miracle why so serious?

This patch if it remains as is will only make this situation worse.  swamp poop
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 06, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Across the board damage increase, across the board healing decrease.

Dear mythic: WHAT THE HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING AT ALL?
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 06, 2008, 01:10:09 PM

My take, in short, is that I want testing before I am convinced these are as bad as they seem.

People are screaming about notes and have no hard data to look at.

I think the screaming is silly, both here and over there.

I remember all the screaming bloody murder from mids prior to the patch that ended up boosting mids significantly, something that was not obvious on paper.  As a result I have more faith in Mythic than the players, and I don't have much faith in Mythic.

As to the comment about this going to the test server ... if you have any experience with DAoC, once on test you can pretty much count on it going to production.  But the bigger issue, I think, is people feeling like Mythic is going in the wrong direction with these changes.  I adressed thata bove, but if they are going in the wrong direction what does it matter that it's going on test first?

I don't really think the notes are that bad other than the unexplainable hot nerf, it makes no sense when paired with the general buff in damage. 

The real issue is that they appear to be ignoring the much larger much more important problems.  Like how to get the players to make use of all of these fancy rejiggered spells and abilities in pursuit of the core game idea, beating the other guy down and taking his stuff in the world, ie War Everywhere.  None of these address the lack of War everywhere. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #77 on: November 06, 2008, 01:23:02 PM

Nothing to address shitty experience gain from quests and oRVR in the patch.

Getting really hard to care about logging in. Maybe the move to REM for Bat Country will help.

Warskull
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 06, 2008, 02:03:00 PM

Also, about the notes: It's not what's in the notes - it's plainly obvious Mythic could never balance anything, ever. Fine. It's what is not in the notes that's bothering me.

It very clearly isn't a balance patch.  It is more of a fix crap to make it consistent patch.  A vast majority of the changes are simply making sure skills of the same type (ie instants and dots) get the same benefit from stats.  They only addressed what they felt were extreme balance issues.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 06, 2008, 02:03:10 PM

Maybe the move to REM for Bat Country will help.

The game gave me REM.  REM sleep.  

It's 2008 but the patch notes read like Mythic circa 2002.  I am really depressed by the lack of thought going into WAR.  This is especially sad when you consider that I used to be the resident f13 DAoC fanboi.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:05:11 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #80 on: November 06, 2008, 02:06:37 PM

It very clearly isn't a balance patch.  It is more of a fix crap to make it consistent patch.  A vast majority of the changes are simply making sure skills of the same type (ie instants and dots) get the same benefit from stats.  They only addressed what they felt were extreme balance issues.

Funny, because it reads to me like nothing BUT a balance patch. There were buffs and nerfs across the board.

While the game needs balance, these people are obviously ill-equipped to balance such a game.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 06, 2008, 02:15:55 PM

From the 1.05 notes:
In addition to reducing the amount of damage received from high-level encounter NPCs, each Ward on high-level armor set pieces worn will now affect the amount of damage players are able to do to those NPCs. Players not wearing any pieces of the appropriate armor set will see their damage greatly reduced. For each piece of the appropriate armor a player wears, their damage against the boss monster will increase.

So the cock blocking is in full effect now?

edit: this is really fucking stupid
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:18:25 PM by fuser »
Zira
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 06, 2008, 02:17:02 PM

On Ironclaw it is not unusual to have scenarios where 7 of the Order players are Bright Wizards.  In fact it is very unusal to have less than 4 BWs.  Buffing BWs is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in patch notes... in any game.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:44 PM

If because of the changes to damage we need to buff healing spells, it will be done before 1.05 goes LIVE. That's why we are putting these notes out now and putting them on the PTS first. We can make changes through the spreadsheets all we want but the real test occurs in the game and that's why we have the PTS now.

Mark

Link

Just so you know, in the last 24 hours I've had two major conversations about healers. The first one revolves around a change to the scenario scoring system to better reward healers for their contributions. The second was around the patch notes. The team knows how important healers are to the game's success and as we prep for 1.0.5 and put it up on the PTS, healers will be focused on to ensure that when the patch goes LIVE, that they have what they need to succeed either as pure healers and/or hybrids.

Mark
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:28:54 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 02:28:08 PM

Love how he thinks there's an "if".  awesome, for real

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
ironic
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 02:39:16 PM

Very uninspiring but at least my morale ability should now work when I press it  Ohhhhh, I see.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #86 on: November 06, 2008, 02:42:31 PM

It my understanding that for an oRvR-only person, the only ward you need is the first one.  And you can get that from the Baston or the keep lords.  The rest of the wards are for the various PvE raids.  So as long as keep lords drop enough items with wards its not a big deal.

"Me am play gods"
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 02:54:11 PM

Seems like everyone's been complaining about either the grind and poor rewards or bad client performance on a lot of machines.  But they throw out a sweeping class balance patch?  Whatever sense of urgency they have to fix things it seems a little misplaced.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 03:03:08 PM

Chosen

• All Chosen have undergone significant changes and will need to reallocate their career mastery points as a result. Be sure to speak to your trainer right away to regain your abilities!

• Suppression: The parry buff from this ability should no longer stack with itself.

• Mixed Defenses: The tooltip for this ability should now display proper values.

• Juggernaut: This ability is now available at rank 12.

• Guard: This ability should no longer attempt to work on players outside of your group.

• Seeping Wound: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

That's it? I mean? seriously? that's it? Nothing wrong with aura not stacking with other buffs?
Or the shitty twist mechanic that doesn't even add much. I counted 1 nerf. and 1 buff.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
acelerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Stuff MJ said

As has been pointed out, he said "if". Does anyone think this will not adversely effect healers? There should have been big red flashy letters at the top of the patch notes saying healers will be compensated once the change in damage numbers are totally understood (never mind the fact mythic should understand how this changes dps before they change it. Its their algorithms).  Going from how they handled daoc, very little will be changed before it hits live. 

Furthermore, someone actually had to sit down, think about healing for a minute, and say, "You know, these hots are just too damn powerful." Someone made the conscious decision to actively nerf healing, and then convinced everyone else to sign off on it.

ACK! seems to be the most concise way to express the patch notes.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #90 on: November 06, 2008, 03:40:43 PM

cockblocked at work for several more hours... anyone mind posting the WH info  Heart

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 06, 2008, 03:50:47 PM

Sure:

Witch Hunter

• All Witch Hunters have undergone significant changes and will need to reallocate their career mastery points as a result. Be sure to speak to your trainer right away to regain your abilities!

• Repel Blasphemy: This self-buff is now right click removable.

• Blessed Bullets of Cleansings: The damage of this ability has increased and the amount of Action Points stolen
has been increased. This ability is now available at rank 35.

• Blessed Bullets of Confession: The damage of this ability has increased, and this ability is now available at rank 9.

• Blessed Bullets of Purity: The damage of this ability has increased, and this ability is now available at rank 4.

• All Bullets now persist through the Witch Hunter's death. This means that the Witch Hunter will not have to recast a Bullet after respawning or being resurrected.

• Sanctified Bullets: This tactic has been adjusted so that Blessed Bullets of Purity will now heal for 50% of the damage they cause.

• Fervor: Fixed a bug in which this ability was receiving double stat contribution on the direct damage portion of the ability.

• Sweeping Strikes: This tactic will now correctly affect two other targets.

• Emperor’s Commendation: This ability now triggers off of from-stealth openers.

• Fervor: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Burn, Heretic!: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Burn Away Lies: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Seal of Destruction: The Witch Hunter’s attacks will now ignore 50% of his or her target’s armor.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: November 06, 2008, 03:52:36 PM

That's it? I mean? seriously? that's it? Nothing wrong with aura not stacking with other buffs?
Or the shitty twist mechanic that doesn't even add much. I counted 1 nerf. and 1 buff.

Like pet pathing they probably just don't know how to fix it just yet.
mol
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: November 06, 2008, 04:05:07 PM

I am curious how those 6 patch notes warrant significant change enough for a free respec, considering only one of the mentioned abilities is even a mastery ability. Clearly we're due some more information!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #94 on: November 06, 2008, 04:20:40 PM

I picked a Witch Hunter because it's generally thought to be weaker than it's mirror "class", and it's on under populated side, Order.  Reading that, I still got bloody nerfed. 

Only 50% ignore armour on seal of destruction instead of 100%, Sanctified Bullets I was considering switching to, the change is making it to be what wardb already says the skill does, so I'm guessing there's a bug making it more effective that's going to be fixed.  I use Fervor all the time, fixing a double stat bonus to be single, while buffing the damage, sounds like it might be a minor nerf.  I'll have to try it and see, oh, I'll probably have to wait, someone surprise me by saying there's no PTS planned for Europe.

Also why balance all hot and dots the same, what's the point of planning a different class at all?  You might as well name them dot1, dot2, dot3, oh shit I got a WH dot3 on me, no wait, that's exactly the same as a BW dot3.

Ac2, remember that?  That was the most balanced game ever.  Seriously fuck balance, who starts a thread about a game they are considering buying and says, "Hey guys, which class is really well balanced?  I really want to check that one out".
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: November 06, 2008, 04:22:12 PM

The bright wizard changes are huge. A cooldown on that AOE they spammed in order to max out combustion, and lowering it to only build 10 combustion per, instead of 20, is massive.

Order is going to fucking fold overnight when this patch hits. Condolences, those who still play on Order.
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: November 06, 2008, 04:38:48 PM

it's not exactly hard to build combustion, even without that spell
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: November 06, 2008, 04:52:31 PM

it's not exactly hard to build combustion, even without that spell

Yep... It will just stop them from running up to a fight and instantly being at max damage potential... Now it will just take them about a minute instead of 7.5 seconds to get 100 combustion.  With the changes to combustion decay it seems like it will be easier to keep it at 100 now too.

I think it is a good change though, but we'll see how it plays out, with the dot changes BW may put out more damage now than they did before.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 04:54:11 PM by Pringles »
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:16 PM

I r newb.  Clicked quote instead of modify for failure.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: November 06, 2008, 05:06:55 PM

5)   An additional gold bag will be generated when a keep or fortress is taken.

Remember, "additional" means that a gold bag will need to drop in order for there to be another gold bag added.

So for the roughly 4 out of 10 times that no fucking gold bag drops when taking a keep or fortress, this change won't do shit. I'm also glad Bright Wizards needed more fucking DoT damage.

Instead of now only needing the tanks to have 5 wards, now EVERYONE needs 5 wards.

I may have to go home and piss on my copy of Mark of Chaos, because it has both the words "Warhammer" and "Mark" on it.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #100 on: November 06, 2008, 06:02:17 PM

If because of the changes to damage we need to buff healing spells, it will be done before 1.05 goes LIVE. That's why we are putting these notes out now and putting them on the PTS first. We can make changes through the spreadsheets all we want but the real test occurs in the game and that's why we have the PTS now.

Mark

Link

In order to buff the healers, first we must nerf the healers. It is the only way.  why so serious?

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #101 on: November 06, 2008, 06:07:12 PM

From the 1.05 notes:
In addition to reducing the amount of damage received from high-level encounter NPCs, each Ward on high-level armor set pieces worn will now affect the amount of damage players are able to do to those NPCs. Players not wearing any pieces of the appropriate armor set will see their damage greatly reduced. For each piece of the appropriate armor a player wears, their damage against the boss monster will increase.

So the cock blocking is in full effect now?

edit: this is really fucking stupid

Lantyssa saw this too.

What it does, of course, is suddenly make everyone who isn't wearing the full armour set sub-optimal in a team in this situation (well, perhaps not healers, but then they just got nerfed, didn't they?  awesome, for real). Plus given that the armour sets escalate several times, so you'd have to go after a number of different sets to do the various different high level areas...

Remember kids: WAR is all about the RvR.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: November 06, 2008, 06:10:19 PM

The bright wizard changes are huge. A cooldown on that AOE they spammed in order to max out combustion, and lowering it to only build 10 combustion per, instead of 20, is massive.

Order is going to fucking fold overnight when this patch hits. Condolences, those who still play on Order.

You mean we'll just spam fire breath and get the same thing.  There's not even much of a big deal about that now that our 100 combust doesn't die as fast.

Oh and all our dots boosted.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:23 PM

BW Root was overpowered, made a lot of situations silly. No root should last that long, ever.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #104 on: November 06, 2008, 07:48:49 PM

Yeah, the Witch Hunter changes seem clownshoes. Making Seal of Destruction only ignore 50% of armor is shit, "fixing" a double stat bonus or something sounds like a very subtle nerf. They need to give WH some kind of big direct damage ability that doesn't drain all my goddamn action points, or buff our armor, or stop giving us fucking pistols with WILLPOWER on it. Or they could make stealth actually worth a shit but that won't happen.

But hey, at least they fixed roots.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Part 1 Update for Patch 1.05  
Jump to: