Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Well. I fixed this problem. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well. I fixed this problem.  (Read 126702 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 02:40:27 PM

P.S. I have never played WoW, Should I try it out?

You should, at the VERY least, give the 15 day trial a go. 

Downloading it now. Ive been an MMO masochist for so long, I just want a little fun..........

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Herring
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 02:43:14 PM

Have their been any , any dev posts/remarks anywhere about this latest nugget of gold ?

Or are they in complete bunker mode ?

I'm sure they've addressed all the concerns on their official forums.  Beating a Dead Horse

To be fair, in my tinfoil-hatted 20/20 hindsight, I seem to remember WoW making "huge" announcements on Friday afternoons.  The weekend would be spent with the forums aflame more often than not, and responses would begin on Monday.

I expect MJ to start making drunken midnight posts tonight, however.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 02:46:51 PM

Oooh.  Good thinking.  I'll have to make sure to be able to make drunken responses.  It's always more fun that way.

I think it's a tad too early to put this in the graveyard.  Even if it's certainly going down the drain, it's more poetic to put it in the day that WoTLK is released.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 02:47:39 PM

Have their been any , any dev posts/remarks anywhere about this latest nugget of gold ?

Or are they in complete bunker mode ?

I'm sure they've addressed all the concerns on their official forums.  Beating a Dead Horse

To be fair, in my tinfoil-hatted 20/20 hindsight, I seem to remember WoW making "huge" announcements on Friday afternoons.  The weekend would be spent with the forums aflame more often than not, and responses would begin on Monday.

I expect MJ to start making drunken midnight posts tonight, however.

Hmmm true, it is another Friday isn't it. I was pretty pissed up in that last thread, i'll be sure to grab a bottle on the way home!

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
khaine
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 02:49:08 PM

Oh god , drunken , more pissy than usual  MJ posts tonight , trying to explain how required armor sets are a good thing, would be golden

I can only hope

Herring
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 02:57:35 PM

Oh god , drunken , more pissy than usual  MJ posts tonight , trying to explain how required armor sets are a good thing, would be golden

I can only hope

I'm just trying to find a silver lining in this cloud of bullshit.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:59:24 PM by Herring »
Feaniad
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 03:45:17 PM

Just a couple observations from a newbie to F13.

First off, any forum that doesn't have half a page of "NERF XXXX CLASS NOW!" threads garners a certain amount of respect in my book.

Secondly, although only my roommate can compete with the prolific amount of cursing here (and he'd crush you collectively), ideas are expressed with much more intelligence than most anywhere else I've gone.

That said, I think that relegating the game to the likes of AoC is a bit premature. 

I beta tested Warhammer since Oct. 07, and there are a number of things that I really couldn't see being a problem which are glaringly obvious now.  Scenario popularity being one.  Travel time (we did testing in phases of certain areas) and exp gain for PvE (I earned more then) being a couple more.

There's a few things that I see are problems with the launch that are still plaguing them.  Player limits on servers as they relate to the spread of players across the 3 factions.  I dunno what the hell happened in the planning of that but it seems to me a wall of fail.  There's a few more that are covered in more colorful language here that I won't bother repeating.

They goofed. There is a core desire for success and an acknowledgment of the challenges which, to me, give enough hope to say "Graveyard might be premature, but the discussion of it isn't."

BTW, if AoC is in the Graveyard, where is Vanguard? /snicker

Back to LOTRO go I.

Brandywine - Feaniad (Captain)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 03:47:46 PM

You should, at the VERY least, give the 15 day trial a go. 

Downloading it now. Ive been an MMO masochist for so long, I just want a little fun..........

Be aware that the zombie invasion event may make your experience over the next 2 weeks a bit, um, non-standard.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 04:03:56 PM

I think you'd be pretty safe with spreadsheets in space.  They've been at it for what, year+?

I'm pretty sure that the first E in EvE stands for Excel. 

True dat.  But it's the only half decent MMO with a meaningful death penalty so the PVP can be genuinely heart racing.

It's really fun until you hit the level cap.  Quit soon as you reach that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:10:28 PM by Sparky »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 04:04:26 PM

BTW, if AoC is in the Graveyard, where is Vanguard? /snicker

Can't really bury something that was never born.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 24, 2008, 04:06:59 PM

Anyone wanting into WoW, let me know and I'll set up the whole adopt-a-newbie thing for you.  There's just three weeks until the expansion hits, so if you don't wanna wind up in a very empty low-level area, best to grab some fast levels ASAP.  If you can at least hit 55 with one character by expansion time, you'll be able to find lots of death knights in need of groups.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #46 on: October 24, 2008, 04:12:15 PM

Although it has to be said, playing as a lowbie and questing in any of the level 15-30 areas the zombie event gets old fucking fast. WoW is a better game as a level 70 at the moment.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 24, 2008, 04:45:23 PM

Thanks for moving it. I wouldn't have known about the CoX Halloween event if you hadn't.  awesome, for real

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:41 PM

Fucking fuck.
awesome, for real

Now you know why I didn't bother bother buying the game after playing the Beta.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 05:09:18 PM

I'm going to say that Mark Jacobs just crossed f13 off his list of places to defend his game.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 05:12:22 PM

You know he's going to get drunk some Saturday night and post here about a new type of server.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 05:13:12 PM

I'm going to say that Mark Jacobs just crossed f13 off his list of places to defend his game.

Hey, maybe that'll help convince him to set up some official forums.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 05:17:02 PM

Can we have this board's subtitle amended to "A challenger disappears!" please?
kthx with love.  Heart

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
khaine
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 05:19:44 PM

Sadly , I'm logged in atm trying to salvage some last bit of fun out of the game for me to convince me to stay

I've seen zero chat in the zones I've been in  , less guild members than normal online , and not a damn live person other than the ones huddled around the scenario quest givers

And WoW trial downloading on the other computer (the wife recognized the WoW emblem in the downloader and I believe is currently loading a gun , for her or me I don't know )

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 05:26:21 PM

Please, he never came here just to shoot the breeze anyway, just to pimp his game.  He'll be back the next time he wants to promote a game or play the victim of attacks by the other big, bad meanies on the internets.  The reception he gets here is still at least 10x better than anything you'll find on VN, even with someone as bitchy as me pissing in his wheaties.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 06:03:01 PM

Romans in Space: BE THERE.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 24, 2008, 06:29:52 PM

I so wanted that game  cry

Well, maybe not *that* specific game.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 24, 2008, 06:40:07 PM

and what's the armor bullshit?

This. Ya gotta read it. It's also in its spectacular myopia. EWspider may be succumbing to hyperbole, but given everything else I can totally see it. This being Graveyard'd right now makes perfect sense if they're truly considering this considering the alternative WAR players having like all the time and even more very soon.

http://www.warherald.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=397

If you scroll down in the Grab Bag article there's a section on high level armor sets.  It appears to be Mythic's way of gating the high level content.  In order to take on the end game King encounter I need a set of Excelsior armor.  To get the Excelsior armor I need to repeatedly farm the sub-boss PQs in a contested city.  In order to farm the sub-boss PQs I need the Darkpromise or Invader armor from repeatedly farming the Lost Vale dungeon or Invasion PQs.  In order to farm Lost Vale or the Invasion PQs I need the Sentinel or Conqueror armor set from farming high level city dungeons or from capturing a Fortress.  In order to farm the high level city dungeons or capture a Fortress I need the Bloodlord or Annihilator armor set from farming Bastion Stair or from random drops in T4 RvR.   swamp poop

Now how much each armor set really helps for each encounter remains to be seen, but I can just see the messages now:

"Forming Warband for King encounter, looking for more peeps, must have Excelsior armor, pst!"

ACK!

Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 24, 2008, 06:59:53 PM

Romans in Space: BE THERE.

Eh, I'll wait for the Mel Brooks spoof, Jews in Space.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 24, 2008, 07:41:47 PM

Dammit.  This on top of everything else and the fun over in the WoW thread is making me consider resubscribing.  Thankfully I'll be back on my feet again and busy enough that maybe I can resist.
 Cry
You should. Even I'm having fun in WoW.
Maybe after the WotLK influx dies down.  I've got a little more WAR left in me, though the flaws are starting to eat at me,  and some single player games to get through before I'll be up for another MMO.

Please, he never came here just to shoot the breeze anyway, just to pimp his game.  He'll be back the next time he wants to promote a game or play the victim of attacks by the other big, bad meanies on the internets.  The reception he gets here is still at least 10x better than anything you'll find on VN, even with someone as bitchy as me pissing in his wheaties.
If it was enough to make him stop showing up, I'd still take it over the alternative.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #60 on: October 25, 2008, 12:37:20 AM

Kneejerk.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 25, 2008, 05:04:41 AM

Think of it this way:

Leaving it where it was just means more assnuts coming in and crapping all over the game.
It takes minutes to move the forum, as schild said.
Once the furor dies down, if there's still critical mass of F13ers playing, it moves back.

Would be fun to wager on that third stage ever occurring though.
FellintoOblivion

Email
Reply #62 on: October 25, 2008, 06:18:06 AM

This makes me glad I bought an open CE with no key on the cheap since all the in game benefits are shit now, -1 sub Mythic.

Off to download the WoW patch, at least there there's groups to be had even if no one wants my gimped enhancement shaman.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 25, 2008, 09:06:20 AM

This is why I never, ever join you guys in MMOs anymore. You have shorter attention spans than I do when it comes to MMOs and I get accused of having the attention span of a crack-using ADHD child.

I think you'd be pretty safe with spreadsheets in space.  They've been at it for what, year+?

I'd rather feed my nuts to a pitbull while they are still attached than play EvE. It was the most soulcrushingly boring MMO I've ever played. I literally fell asleep during my few attempts to play. Not hyperbole, literal nodding off at the computer. I was tired anyway, but still...

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 25, 2008, 09:34:46 AM

This makes me glad I bought an open CE with no key on the cheap since all the in game benefits are shit now, -1 sub Mythic.

Off to download the WoW patch, at least there there's groups to be had even if no one wants my gimped enhancement shaman.

For the most part, the in game benefits for CE/pre-order were shit to begin with.  The unique faces tended to look damn silly, the camp was on an hour timer, and I believe the trinket was a 5 minute buff on an hour cooldown as well.  The pre-order rings had like two charges, and the cloaks/trophies were a bit mehish as well.  The comic and figure were nice, to be sure, but overall, I've never been more disappointed in a CE's goodies than I was with WAR's.  And that was before the game ended up being shit. 
Gurney
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 25, 2008, 10:32:05 AM

Think of it this way:

Leaving it where it was just means more assnuts coming in and crapping all over the game.
It takes minutes to move the forum, as schild said.
Once the furor dies down, if there's still critical mass of F13ers playing, it moves back.

Would be fun to wager on that third stage ever occurring though.

I give it a 30% chance at best.  Some kind of odds are in order for the betting IMO.
Skullface
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 25, 2008, 10:48:55 AM

This is why I never, ever join you guys in MMOs anymore. You have shorter attention spans than I do when it comes to MMOs and I get accused of having the attention span of a crack-using ADHD child.

I'd rather feed my nuts to a pitbull while they are still attached than play EvE. It was the most soulcrushingly boring MMO I've ever played. I literally fell asleep during my few attempts to play. Not hyperbole, literal nodding off at the computer. I was tired anyway, but still...

Don't enjoy flying around .4 space for an hour and a half hoping you find some tard bot-mining an asteroid field while afk?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #67 on: October 25, 2008, 07:45:07 PM

Thank God.  If this game had lasted another week or two I might have actually bought it. 

(I too am following the "does F13 get tired of it after the free month is up" metric of whether to bother with any given MMO.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #68 on: October 26, 2008, 06:53:16 AM

Thank God.  If this game had lasted another week or two I might have actually bought it. 

(I too am following the "does F13 get tired of it after the free month is up" metric of whether to bother with any given MMO.)
So you're never going to play another MMO again?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #69 on: October 26, 2008, 07:24:11 AM

So you're never going to play another MMO again?

As long as he always intends to join Bat Country and waits until the game is a month or so old, he'll never have to.  It's a circle of joy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Well. I fixed this problem.  
Jump to: