Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Is there a need for gold at 40 ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a need for gold at 40 ?  (Read 6093 times)
khaine
Terracotta Army

on: October 22, 2008, 03:38:27 PM

Apologies ahead of time if this has been discusses much before ,

I'm curious if anyone lvl 40 (or has friends/guildmates lvl 40) sees much of use for gold at that level ?

I'm wondering because my main is almost level 35 and a bit short of 400 gold , with nothing , absolutely nothing to spend it on ,

Every slot is fairly max'd for gear that I would want atm , and I don't even bother selling blues on the AH because it's not worth the time to save them and list them as I already have money piling up like crazy

Not saying I want to be destitute or anything , just curious if there are items at 40 that require more money or something as cannot really find much of reason to bother selling or crafting because there's no reason to try and get more gold

Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:41:11 PM

don't know how you got that much gold, my main is 35 and I have 60-something gold

but I am tithing for my guild so maybe that's why.

ANYWAY, yes you need gold to hold a keep. It's super duper expensive. Unfortunately, it is not worth holding a keep right now.
khaine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:43:11 PM

Have my tithe set at 12% ,

But I got that much from Tor Anroc and Serpents scenarios each netting 2-3 gold every 15 minutes with the turn in quests and so on ,

So keep holding costs money that comes from the guild banks I take it then , guess I can up the tithe or just put more in directly then

Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:48:38 PM

yeah my tithe is around 70%

I also never sell anything really. I am horrible with gold so I don't mind that there are no huge goldsinks for the individual player (yet)  awesome, for real
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 04:14:11 PM

You are gonna spend it for when you take keeps.  It's about 180gp a day. 
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:48:40 PM

And what benefits do you get from taking keeps?

Over and out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 05:00:55 PM

Something to rally around as a guild if it gets attacked.. and you are supposed to be getting more guild xp while you hold one.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 05:35:22 PM

E-peen and an empty bank account.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 07:52:29 AM

Pretty much something for people to brag about taking and... yea a way to better organize your guild funds (because there are few of them to manage).

At first we were all excited about "claiming" a piece of the PvP lands.  But, with sieges being as laggy/crashy as they are we are moving to more Open field battles.  And, until claiming a keep also comes with a recall scroll TO said keep... well it is nearly impossible to defend.  Right now we get a message warning us that the keep just got taken by destruction.  I figure keeps will be something they put some work into in the future... so right now we just tax our players 100% and build up the coffers :).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 10:21:34 AM

Players in your game should be excited about taking and holding keeps, especially if it's that expensive.  If they're not, there's something wrong. 

Yes... there's something wrong.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 11:04:34 AM

There is.  It is sort of Shadowbane-wrong at this point.  Its not that sieges are unfun.  It is that getting to the End (on the floor and about to charge the Keep Lord's room) is fun, and then the last charge is where you will start to see people freeze, drop, or lag-walk through walls/floors and such.  Forget all of the conversations about overpowered classes and such... the fact is you cannot even begin to talk strategy until you can keep a group of people logged into the game and effectively playing their classes.  And, like Shadowbane, they seem to be having issues with newer "better" computers.  My old, basic gaming rig performs as well or better than many of the top-of-the-line models in Keep warfare.  I am often the one who did not crash but makes it up to the top and wonders "where did everyone go?" right before I die.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 11:22:52 AM

Gold at 40 is useful for buying crafting materials. Apothecary relies on lots and lots of high quality waters as well as a wide variety of materials. That's why scavengers are rich. They can sell a shitload of stuff to talisman makers and other professions. So if you want to save time, you spend gold to buy up the stuff that you need to craft.

Apothecary is definitely the most useful I've had so far, the Thorns potion is quite frankly, uber for melee classes in PVE since it just does damage whenever you're hit, free damage ftw, especially if you're a tank archetype that kills slow.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ashmodai
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 07:48:29 PM

The only in-game money sinks that I have found worth mentioning are the mount you can buy at level 20 (15g) and a guild claiming a Keep for it's own, which costs 6 gold an hour.

In other words, there is no need for personal coin (except at the AH, I suppose, if you craft, but even then, what will the seller do with the money he/she acquires?).
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 05:07:35 AM

Apparently last names cost money... though I still have not bothered to find that merchant.  And, somehow some of our guildies are finding ways to stay broke DYING their armor.  Seriously, dwarfs spending all their gold on paint is just wierd to me, but I suppose it is possible.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 06:31:47 AM

Claiming a keep will allow the guild to hang their banner from the keep ramparts, along with any banners captured from enemy guilds. Controlling a keep will also give a bonus to the guild's rank.

Link

And some early blog about it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 08:04:19 AM

If either of those quotes were currently true... well they might have a point.  But, until guild rank 20 you DON'T even get to hang your banner from the Keep.  Some of the rank/abilities just seem off.  Why you can "reserve" your guild logo at 10, claim a keep at 14, and then "show" your logo at 20... who knows.  And, we have not currently found a way to hang captured banners.

Also, holding a T4 keep for 3 straight days added just about... Zero guild experience/renown.

These things might have been planned, but they don't seem to be implemented.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Is there a need for gold at 40 ?  
Jump to: