Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102234 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12040 on: November 01, 2011, 12:47:09 PM

I was just pointing out that those players were the least likely to stick around with SWTOR past the first couple of months.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12041 on: November 01, 2011, 12:49:25 PM

Cool, game'll be better off without 'em anyway.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12042 on: November 01, 2011, 12:51:39 PM

I'm just saying that anyone pinning their hopes on 'WoWtards' going back to WoW and leaving SWTOR pure and clean or whatever, are going to be very disappointed.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12043 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:56 PM

Don't need them all to go back. Just the most vocal and asstarded. But then, that could be said of any group of fanboys.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12044 on: November 01, 2011, 12:56:44 PM

I do think that a lot of people that claim or think they don't give a shit about story, just haven't actually experienced the delivery that Bioware brings with it's voiced protagonist. When they say "I don't give a shit about story" they really mean "I don't give a shit about quest text and Metzen's fan fiction".

I've seen more then a few people when they give their reviews after actually playing the game, that amounts too "I didn't think I would care about the story at all, but <blah> really hooked me into it!"

This game is going to take over my liiiiiiiiiiiiife, isn't iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

God Save the Horn Players
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12045 on: November 01, 2011, 12:57:55 PM

Yeah, pretty much give up being social with anyone outside the computer for a bit.  awesome, for real

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12046 on: November 01, 2011, 12:58:38 PM

That's what I'm saying though, they aren't actually the most vocal group.

Not that it matters, they'll all be drowned out by the guy who will be asking where Darth Vader is.

-fake edit-

Yes Sjofn, yes it will.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12047 on: November 01, 2011, 12:59:09 PM

Yeah, pretty much give up being social with anyone outside the computer for a bit.  awesome, for real

Hell, I don't need them inside the computer either, I WILL HAVE COMPANIONS FOR THAT.

God Save the Horn Players
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12048 on: November 01, 2011, 01:00:35 PM

Hell, I don't need them inside the computer either, I WILL HAVE COMPANIONS FOR THAT.

Companions that will even give you nooky.   awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12049 on: November 01, 2011, 01:02:06 PM

Not that it matters, they'll all be drowned out by the guy who will be asking where Darth Vader is.

Ah, yes. The only time I ever yearn for open world PvP. Just so I can hunt those people down and kill them repeatedly.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12050 on: November 01, 2011, 01:03:21 PM

Pity there will only be so many character slots per server, your love/hate collection is going to be IMMENSE.  You will certainly want to group with others, how else are you going to screw up other peoples conversations?  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:05:01 PM by Pezzle »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12051 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:54 PM

I will say, that the SWTOR forums, even the Beta forums, may be the dumbest collection of game players I have ever seen. They make WoW General look like philosophers.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12052 on: November 01, 2011, 01:06:46 PM

The most vocal and annoying people in any MMO community aren't the ones completing max level content, posting actual strategy, or hitting high level pvp goals.

It's always the 10% of the playerbase that really REALLY wants to be that good, but actually doesn't do anything but the baseline normal content, and wants to tell the rest of the world to L2P. It's always a fun experiment to see who tells the people in the WoW forums that Cataclysm wasn't hard enough. 99% of the time, it's a person who has never run a successful heroic level raid in their life. They beat the normal stuff, declared themselves done, and post that the game was simplistic.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12053 on: November 01, 2011, 01:07:55 PM

As for the story; I've been watching spoiler videos for some of the opening origin plots and provided they continue to be as interesting, I may actually roll an alt of every class just to check out their opening areas and plots. I literally only played 2 classes to level cap in WoW.

As for annoying playerbases; Star Wars already has a built in one. Even if the "wowtards" that fucked up WoW leave, SWTOR will simply grow a new batch of grognards who will mess up raid design, 4-mans, and PVP by breaking the game over their knees in excel.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12054 on: November 01, 2011, 01:09:00 PM

I will say, that the SWTOR forums, even the Beta forums, may be the dumbest collection of game players I have ever seen. They make WoW General look like philosophers.

I have abandoned the TOR forums, except the dev tracker, til the game launches and it becomes a sub only forum.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12055 on: November 01, 2011, 01:09:17 PM

That may be a bit extreme, but yes, the average SWTOR forum poster is terrible.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12056 on: November 01, 2011, 01:10:11 PM

As for annoying playerbases; Star Wars already has a built in one. Even if the "wowtards" that fucked up WoW leave, SWTOR will simply grow a new batch of grognards who will mess up raid design, 4-mans, and PVP by breaking the game over their knees in excel.

The SWG crowd, to me, is just as annoying as the wowtards.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12057 on: November 01, 2011, 01:11:39 PM

I'm not sure the SWG crowd and the star wars crowd has much of an intersection.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12058 on: November 01, 2011, 01:12:48 PM

But who can resist the sweet, sweet call to be disappointed yet again so we can bitch about it here?
I polish my lightsaber hilt with my own tears.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12059 on: November 01, 2011, 01:14:08 PM

They are definitely vocal about TOR, which makes me chuckle. Entirely different game with zero chance of success, but they're not deterred. Not that I wouldn't mind an SWG2, I would love it. But Bioware won't be making it and it's swamp poop to think otherwise.

Same thing happened with Rift because there were some Vanguard devs on the team. The Vanboys were out in force.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #12060 on: November 01, 2011, 01:14:47 PM

Looking forward to the story actually. The last game I gave two shits about the questlines was FFXI and that's because of the story those quests told - along with the cutscenes. Of course, that could have been a whiplash reaction to the asian grinder I was subjecting myself to while leveling. But some of those stories were very cool, for the time and setting.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12061 on: November 01, 2011, 01:19:54 PM

The SWG crowd, to me, is just as annoying as the wowtards.
I don't particularly disagree. There's a vocal group on there that actually doesn't want addons enabled and the combat log to be completely unparsable. I get the idea of not wanting DPS meters, but all you do when you try to block them you'll just be required to install dodgy third-party software that literally reads the screen or some shit in order to be able to raid in anything but a straight-up friends/family guild.

As for other Addons, literally one of the major reasons that I struggle so much trying to enjoy non-WoW mmos is the inability to unfuck their interfaces. Rift's may have had a lot of built-in bells and whistles and could be rearranged/resized, but it was still ass ugly, wasted space, and didn't provide information in readable/quickly recognizable formats in areas. Half of playing an MMO is having a good, comfortable interface to interact with the world and the ability to quickly glean information. Blizzard was insanely fucking smart to open their API so much and allow users to do their work for them, even if they had to learn lessons about preventing mods from literally playing the game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12062 on: November 01, 2011, 01:21:07 PM

That may be a bit extreme, but yes, the average SWTOR forum poster is terrible.

Like half a step above youtube comments maybe.

WoW is full of trolling and retards and jackassery, but the SWTOR forums are actually dumb. Like, stupid, can't comprehend what is being written. It's also full of pseudo intellectuals, contrary'ians and blind faith defenders of <everything>.

Don't even get me started on the god damn SWG posters. JESUS CHRIST!

-edit-

Then you sprinkle in the EU lolore fanatics fighting with the previously mentioned "WHAR IS DARTH VADAR OLOLOL" guys.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #12063 on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:59 PM

Incidentally, is it okay for people to reveal how many tetrabytes the client has now, or will the narwhal frown at it? Don't want to spoil myself with the beta signup, but it's slowly getting to the point where i should probably start cleaning up my hd in preparation for the monster...
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12064 on: November 01, 2011, 01:24:01 PM

Expect 30-40 Gigs.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12065 on: November 01, 2011, 01:24:59 PM

The only thing I wish they would allow is the ability to mess with the placement and size of the UI.  I did enjoy not having all the crap that I use in WoW though, no DBM, cooldown timer addon's, etc.  I didn't miss them at all and the game looks good enough to me that I don't want all that stuff on my screen anyway.

I think even if they do end up allowing it I'm going to keep myself as pure as possible.  I just hope that their raid content isn't as batshit stupid as WoW's where you almost need a DBM just to keep track of everything.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #12066 on: November 01, 2011, 01:29:34 PM

Expect 30-40 Gigs.
Ouch. But given all the voice stuff that sounds reasonable i guess, compared to other clients. Hmm will be hard but i shall do it. swamp poop

(and thanks)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12067 on: November 01, 2011, 01:30:54 PM

Expect 30-40 Gigs.
Ouch. But given all the voice stuff that sounds reasonable i guess, compared to other clients. Hmm will be hard but i shall do it. swamp poop

(and thanks)

WoW right now is at 34 gigs and TOR is just as big, if not bigger than WoW is currently.
Terracotta Army

Reply #12068 on: November 01, 2011, 01:31:33 PM

Expect 30-40 Gigs.

(and thanks)

Newegg has Black November deals... hard drives being included in the sales.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12069 on: November 01, 2011, 01:32:14 PM

Incidentally, is it okay for people to reveal how many tetrabytes the client has now, or will the narwhal frown at it? Don't want to spoil myself with the beta signup, but it's slowly getting to the point where i should probably start cleaning up my hd in preparation for the monster...

Narwhal is unconcerned about client size at this time.  I could verify when I get home, but I haven't reinstalled for the last 2 beta weekends (I know what I'm getting, and I'm a busy man).  It assuredly has grown some.  

-Rasix
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12070 on: November 01, 2011, 01:34:46 PM

If that's the deal than the last Beta weekend the client was 27 gigs. 
Terracotta Army

Reply #12071 on: November 01, 2011, 01:39:38 PM

Narwhal is unconcerned about client size at this time.  I could verify when I get home, but I haven't reinstalled for the last 2 beta weekends (I know what I'm getting, and I'm a busy man).  It assuredly has grown some.  

My customary  Mob to you sir.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #12072 on: November 01, 2011, 01:40:10 PM

Seriously. Place the beta login on the table and back away slowly, and nobody will get hurt.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12073 on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:26 PM

Check your in boxes come Wednesday or Thursday, they are gearing up for a big influx of testers.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #12074 on: November 01, 2011, 01:45:32 PM

Expect 30-40 Gigs.

(and thanks)

WoW right now is at 34 gigs and TOR is just as big, if not bigger than WoW is currently.

WoW is actually around 20gb. It can grow in size because it saves all the compressed patches, but a clean install will run you around 20gb when all is said and done. I did this a week ago and I was paying attention to files ize as my hard drive is getting a bit full.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: