Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102329 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #12005 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:39 AM

The WoW hatred is nearly palpable in here.

Take up your poopsocks, and strike down the unbelievers!

Your journey to the Dark Side is nearly complete!

ding!
gratz
lol

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12006 on: November 01, 2011, 08:58:37 AM

Don't hate the game as much as the players that seem to forget there was ever anything else.

A polished turd is still a turd and to put it on a pedestal above its forebears is fucking stupid.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12007 on: November 01, 2011, 09:02:12 AM

If people continue this fucking stupid derail and do not unwad their fucking panties, I will kill this fucking thread dead.  Get the hell over your WoW tourettes, people.  Like it or not, it's going to be a basis for comparison for many a future MMO, especially this one.

Edit:

And stop spreading your little feuds everywhere.  We have a rule about it. It's written somewhere. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:04:44 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12008 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:20 AM

Feh.

If it wasn't for the derails and petty squabbles, this thread wouldn't even be at 200.  why so serious?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #12009 on: November 01, 2011, 09:10:19 AM

If people continue this fucking stupid derail and do not unwad their fucking panties, I will kill this fucking thread dead.  Get the hell over your WoW tourettes, people.  Like it or not, it's going to be a basis for comparison for many a future MMO, especially this one.

Edit:

And stop spreading your little feuds everywhere.  We have a rule about it. It's written somewhere. 

I suggest just staring at Hutch's avatar for a few minutes before you post. I had a huge comment but it simply melted away.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

Reply #12010 on: November 01, 2011, 09:13:06 AM

Yes, quite a calming effect.  That was the edited, nice version of what I was going to post.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12011 on: November 01, 2011, 09:14:53 AM

In response to Mists of Pandaria, BioWare's already working on TOR's first expansion.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12012 on: November 01, 2011, 09:21:50 AM

I suggest just staring at Hutch's avatar for a few minutes before you post. I had a huge comment but it simply melted away.  awesome, for real

Pretty much exactly what happened when I flipped to this page.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12013 on: November 01, 2011, 09:36:34 AM

you apparently can't tell the difference between inspired usability and specifically made-for-the-unwashed-masses mediocrity
Now come on, the unwashed masses can't afford a Mac.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12014 on: November 01, 2011, 09:43:56 AM

They can, they just continually look for excuses why they're too expensive.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

We've upped our standards, up yours!

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12015 on: November 01, 2011, 09:46:10 AM

More entertaining than lore slap fights.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12016 on: November 01, 2011, 09:47:04 AM

Edit:

But Daaaaad, WoW's sitting on SWTOR's side of the seeeeeeat. On PURPOSE.

God Save the Horn Players
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12017 on: November 01, 2011, 09:50:13 AM

More entertaining than lore slap fights.

Oh, come on, lore slap fights are awesome... in a, "not at all" kinda way.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12018 on: November 01, 2011, 10:01:28 AM

Y'all just had to go full retard, didn't you?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12019 on: November 01, 2011, 10:11:59 AM

They started it!  why so serious?

Rasix

Reply #12020 on: November 01, 2011, 10:21:32 AM

I'm somewhat surprised the lore/prequel nonsense a page or two ago didn't draw out a WUA smurf account.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #12021 on: November 01, 2011, 10:24:35 AM

I'm somewhat surprised the lore/prequel nonsense a page or two ago didn't draw out a WUA smurf account.  awesome, for real

WUA isn't smurf account? Or is this matrix within a matrix type of a deal?

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #12022 on: November 01, 2011, 10:29:09 AM

Yes, quite a calming effect.  That was the edited, nice version of what I was going to post.

Yvonne Strahovski, arbiter of peace.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12023 on: November 01, 2011, 10:30:14 AM

Meh, all I see now is Miranda's ass in patent leather.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12024 on: November 01, 2011, 10:36:44 AM

Why do you guys bemoan "Standard" MMORPG classes/designs, but then bitch there is no "Pure" <insert class spec here>...?

If they were doing something different I wouldn't be so concerned, but if you limit your classes literally to picking one of 'tank, cleric, melee or ranged damage' then you leave a hell of a lot of space for people to discuss what is missing and how pretty much every pre-mmog-dark-age game had an awful lot more variety. I'm not that fussed that I can't make a 'pure' control dude, but afaik I can't make a generally support focussed guy of any sort except direct heal cleric guy.

Extending this whine a little further, afaik, the talent trees are the only element of character customisation after a advanced class?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #12025 on: November 01, 2011, 11:04:15 AM

Whoops, new page, didn't see Rasix warning. Sorry!

EDIT: Maybe I am tempting fate but I think it needs to be said: If you only played WoW for 3 months 7 years ago, I think you really probably need to back off on pretending you know the first thing about it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:51:27 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12026 on: November 01, 2011, 11:57:30 AM

If SWTOR succeeds, it will put WoW to sleep, and become the next iteration that everyone references.

If not, WoW remains the reference point long after Origin dies a horrible death under Steam's boot.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12027 on: November 01, 2011, 12:01:29 PM

I think that SWTOR will be successful in it's own right, but I think the WoW hardcore pvp'ers and so called "leet" raiders, that don't give a shit about story, will drop it like a hot potato within the first few months.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12028 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:42 PM

If SWTOR succeeds, it will put WoW to sleep, and become the next iteration that everyone references.

If not, WoW remains the reference point long after Origin dies a horrible death under Steam's boot.

Whether SWTOR succeeds or fails, Origin still needs to die in a fire.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:12:39 PM by Surlyboi »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12029 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:49 PM

If you only played WoW for 3 months 7 years ago, I think you really probably need to back off on pretending you know the first thing about it.
NO YOU, MR BOSSYPANTS!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
I think that SWTOR will be successful in it's own right, but I think the WoW hardcore pvp'ers and so called "leet" raiders, that don't give a shit about story, will drop it like a hot potato within the first few months.
I agree, and hope so. I think there is a rather large audience outside the dedicated WoW players and jaded vets, who will reduce the game to its elements and proclaim it not revolutionary and move back to WoW.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12030 on: November 01, 2011, 12:06:16 PM

I mean if you look at the TOR forums, and I try to avoid it nowadays, ALOT of posters are first time MMO people.  Basically all the Bioware fans that tried to stay away from MMO's.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12031 on: November 01, 2011, 12:12:12 PM

Hell, I try to stay away from mmo  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12032 on: November 01, 2011, 12:13:20 PM

We all try.

But who can resist the sweet, sweet call to be disappointed yet again so we can bitch about it here?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12033 on: November 01, 2011, 12:15:28 PM

Hell, I try to stay away from mmo  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

It's really the only way I get to play with most of my friends anymore, so I don't mind playing them.  I mean I've only played/tolerated WoW because we couldn't agree on something else to all play together.  Now we are all moving to SWTOR and most of us never plan on going back.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12034 on: November 01, 2011, 12:28:46 PM

On that note, I actually got around to preordering SWTOR. Huh, I guess I am getting old; I didn't know that Amazon did release-day shipping for like $1.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12035 on: November 01, 2011, 12:32:33 PM

On that note, I actually got around to preordering SWTOR. Huh, I guess I am getting old; I didn't know that Amazon did release-day shipping for like $1.
I think I forgot to tick that box on my amazon order, but with the head start it shouldn't be an issue, since I'll have to get that through origin, anyway.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12036 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:29 PM

I think I forgot to tick that box on my amazon order, but with the head start it shouldn't be an issue, since I'll have to get that through origin, anyway.

You don't have to use Origin for anything unless you ordered through them. 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12037 on: November 01, 2011, 12:36:14 PM

Which are but a tiny fraction of WoW's player base.  why so serious?

I do think that a lot of people that claim or think they don't give a shit about story, just haven't actually experienced the delivery that Bioware brings with it's voiced protagonist. When they say "I don't give a shit about story" they really mean "I don't give a shit about quest text and Metzen's fan fiction".

I've seen more then a few people when they give their reviews after actually playing the game, that amounts too "I didn't think I would care about the story at all, but <blah> really hooked me into it!"

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12038 on: November 01, 2011, 12:41:23 PM

There are still those people that want to get to max level asap or want to level only through PvP.  They are the ones asking Bioware to put in ways for them to completely skip the VO and cut scenes in the game.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12039 on: November 01, 2011, 12:44:24 PM

Yea so? There's also people asking for mandatory grouping and shit, doesn't mean there are a lot of them or that they will be listened to.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: