Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:05:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102393 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9555 on: August 24, 2011, 07:19:33 PM

But it feels dirty. :(

God Save the Horn Players
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9556 on: August 24, 2011, 07:56:26 PM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9557 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56:33 PM

There was still a question about that? They've been pretty up-front that Origin was the digital distro only. You will, however, need to download it through Origin if you want to get the pre-release game time, since you won't have your boxed client before the release, afaik.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9558 on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:18 PM

Check five pages back, we probably covered the Origin thing already.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9559 on: August 24, 2011, 10:46:50 PM

Only 5 pages?
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9560 on: August 25, 2011, 02:11:03 AM

There was still a question about that? They've been pretty up-front that Origin was the digital distro only. You will, however, need to download it through Origin if you want to get the pre-release game time, since you won't have your boxed client before the release, afaik.

I guess there was since a recent battlefield game might have required it to play.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9561 on: August 25, 2011, 02:23:18 AM

Regarding raid encounters...

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9562 on: August 25, 2011, 03:35:26 AM

God, way to make me lose interest, talking about dungeons and tank & spank in what is supposed to be a Star Wars game. Cynical dikumud jargon ftl.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9563 on: August 25, 2011, 03:41:18 AM

Didn't you already lose interest like five or six times over the last few weeks?

edit: grammar
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9564 on: August 25, 2011, 03:59:08 AM

God, way to make me lose interest, talking about dungeons and tank & spank in what is supposed to be a Star Wars game. Cynical dikumud jargon ftl.

I'm sure I could re-articulate the article in some epic RP fashion...I just don't have the time.     awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9565 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:53 AM

Didn't you already lose interest like five or six times over the last few weeks?

edit: grammar

I don't know if it's all been losses of interest, but the slope is downwards, yes.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9566 on: August 25, 2011, 06:10:56 AM

Wah wah wah. You knew what this was.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9567 on: August 25, 2011, 06:37:33 AM

There's a Light/Dark Interest meter.  Sure we know where the game is generally heading, but we're still watching Bioware choose DIKU to see exactly how it plays out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9568 on: August 25, 2011, 06:41:11 AM

So, people are up in arms about no same sex marriage in game.

Like....really? Is there even marriage?

Same Gender Romance Story Arc

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9569 on: August 25, 2011, 06:44:59 AM

So the alderaan civil war BG looks fun, I think the thing that really stands out for me is that rather then some point counter clicking away while you stand around guarding a flag there is the visual representation of these huge planetary defense tubrolasers firing on the enemy ship.  Also, anyone have any info if there is going to be some type of mentoring system?
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9570 on: August 25, 2011, 06:56:13 AM

It's the internet, people are always up in arms about something. Also, where does it say "marriage"? I see a poll about romance arcs, which are in the game but heterosexual only. Given that same gender romance options is one of the things Bioware are known for it's hardly surprising that there's a discussion about it when it's omitted from their latest offering (although I think that's probably more to do with LA than BW).

And the guy posting a thread trolling the forums claiming that some 'OMG won't someone think of the children!' group got BW to remove gay romance arcs from the game probably helped to stir things up a bit too.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9571 on: August 25, 2011, 06:58:27 AM

I think the outrage was mostly over the "there are no gays or lesbians in Star Wars" line that Bioware had been peddling. Which was disgusting, and they backpedaled.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9572 on: August 25, 2011, 07:04:29 AM

Has the guild beta started?
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #9573 on: August 25, 2011, 07:22:28 AM

So the alderaan civil war BG looks fun, I think the thing that really stands out for me is that rather then some point counter clicking away while you stand around guarding a flag there is the visual representation of these huge planetary defense tubrolasers firing on the enemy ship.  Also, anyone have any info if there is going to be some type of mentoring system?
A mentoring system, like a sidekicking system in CoH/Champions? I've heard absolutely nothing about one, but considering damage and health across all levels is consistent enough that a simple buff can bring my Level Nothing up to somewhat par with level 50s in PvP, I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to do it the other way around.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9574 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:06 AM

A mentoring system, like a sidekicking system in CoH/Champions? I've heard absolutely nothing about one, but considering damage and health across all levels is consistent enough that a simple buff can bring my Level Nothing up to somewhat par with level 50s in PvP, I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to do it the other way around.

yeh, or like EQ2 where your 20 and I"m 40 we group up i can delevel to 20 and help you and get xp as well.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #9575 on: August 25, 2011, 10:01:19 AM

yeh, or like EQ2 where your 20 and I"m 40 we group up i can delevel to 20 and help you and get xp as well.

You can do that in CoX as well.  'Exemplar'-ing I think they call it.  Hell, you can sidekick an entire group in CoX now.

Over and out.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9576 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:34 AM

I don't see this happening in SWTOR.

-Rasix
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9577 on: August 25, 2011, 10:10:18 AM

You can do that in CoX as well.  'Exemplar'-ing I think they call it.  Hell, you can sidekick an entire group in CoX now.

Not in WoW, ergo has never existed in the mind of current MMOG producers everywhere.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9578 on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:36 AM

I was under the assumption that leveling to the endgame in SWTOR was primarily a story-driven (read: solo) affair?  Wouldn't that reduce the need for a sidekick system?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9579 on: August 25, 2011, 10:46:06 AM

I was under the assumption that leveling to the endgame in SWTOR was primarily a story-driven (read: solo) affair?  Wouldn't that reduce the need for a sidekick system?

Sidekicks are good if you outplay a SO.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9580 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:48 AM

Are you suggesting that most MMO gamers could get a date?  why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9581 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:02 AM

Well, no. But thats a reason I would enjoy one.

Silly. why so serious?

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9582 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:14 AM

If anything, my modern MMO playing has taught me that odd numbered group membership caps cause drama due to the number of couples playing.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9583 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:07 AM

All joking aside, I would love to see a mechanism like EQ2 had for helping people of lower level.  You gained experience for helping.  That's positive reinforcement for supporting new players.  Seems to be a great recruiting tool. 

-  Mark Twain
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9584 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:42 AM

All joking aside, I would love to see a mechanism like EQ2 had for helping people of lower level.  You gained experience for helping.  That's positive reinforcement for supporting new players.  Seems to be a great recruiting tool. 

The only problem I had with the EQ2 implementation of that was that mentors ended up being ridiculously overpowered compared to lower level content and you had them soloing entire dungeons while the rest of the group stood around scratching their butts. I remember the CoX system being much better in that regard but then there wasn't any equipment to scale in CoX.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #9585 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:36 AM

I think COX has a big advantage because all their content scales. Most people in EQ2 accepted long ago that mentoring was a power leveling tool.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #9586 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:14 PM

I was under the assumption that leveling to the endgame in SWTOR was primarily a story-driven (read: solo) affair?  Wouldn't that reduce the need for a sidekick system?
Anyone can participate in your storyline alongside you.

Also the TOR forums are infuriating. The amount of people who adamantly hate any form of an LFG system more automated than "stand around and spam an LFG channel for hours" is astounding.

Because it builds community!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:26:40 PM by koro »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9587 on: August 25, 2011, 01:53:13 PM

I was under the assumption that leveling to the endgame in SWTOR was primarily a story-driven (read: solo) affair?  Wouldn't that reduce the need for a sidekick system?
Not really. Storylines seem to be a diminishing portion of the game as you level up. And as koro says, you can bring groups into the story instances, they just can't see your dialog (from SDCC footage, anyway). I think the first group instance is pretty early on, level 10?

As far as the forums, the best they can do is ignore the hell out of them. The Rift pre-launch forums were hilarious.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9588 on: August 25, 2011, 02:43:47 PM

Anyone can participate in your storyline alongside you.

Also the TOR forums are infuriating. The amount of people who adamantly hate any form of an LFG system more automated than "stand around and spam an LFG channel for hours" is astounding.

Because it builds community!

Because it does help build community, besides they just don't want cross server LFD.  In WoW people in your LFD's might as well just be random bots.  When people playing together are all on the same server, you tend to at least say hello or socialize a little bit.  Plus if you are good or an asshole you may build up a reputation based on your actions.

Also you can get away with doing some of the dungeons with just 2 people and your companions.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9589 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:19 PM

Yep, I don't want cross-server LFD in SWTOR

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: