Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102063 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8190 on: July 22, 2011, 10:19:04 AM

Interesting tidbit from ComicCon.  A legacy system is being introduced that rewards you for rerolling new toons after you 'beat the (leveling) game'.  When you do, you get access to races that you can't choose from the start.  This is to show others that you're not a newb when you group up and gives you a little more flair.

Maybe playable Droids aren't completely out after all  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #8191 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:12 AM

Apparently tying a pre-order key to an account makes a new Origin account.

My email account on my SWTOR account was separate than my Origin account.

I now have two Origin accounts. One with everything I've ever done with EA and one with SWTOR.

Fuck.

That.

Shit.

I'm banging at the doors of the "site down" message EA site to make them consolidate my goddamn accounts.

So, in an example of what exactly I wanted not to happen happening, they couldn't consolidate the accounts without being fucking sloppy as hell. They rolled the names and everything into my new account that was created for SWTOR, but random game keys (like Bad Company 2) are still tied to the old account and couldn't be transfered, because they are incompetent fuckwits.

My EA accounts are now randomly scattered between the two.

Fuck you, Origin.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:24:18 AM by Nonentity »

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8192 on: July 22, 2011, 10:33:08 AM

This is funny.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8193 on: July 22, 2011, 10:35:00 AM

I don't get it, when i checked out the price i was paying was clearly displayed.  Was this not the case for everyone?

I am the .00000001428%
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8194 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:11 AM

News flash: Frantic star wars fans click yes to everything!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8195 on: July 22, 2011, 10:40:40 AM

Yeah, I just ordered an am under the impression that I will be billed the full amount.  The 5 bucks isn't a reservation fee...it's the cost of the pre-order goodies, it seems.

I got the Deluxe edition, because I like some shiny.  Would have like to have the Malgus figurine, but not at that price.

Moving to Europe in three days.  Here's hoping that I won't have any problems with Origin and/or playing on US servers...

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8196 on: July 22, 2011, 10:41:38 AM

I'm still  roflcopter over ya'll actually thinking this whole Origin thing was not gonna be a big deal.

It's f-cking EA.

They are here for your money.

They are here.  For your.  Money.

Just pre-order it 5 bucks at a brick 'n mortar and be done with it. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:43:14 AM by luckton »

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8197 on: July 22, 2011, 10:43:38 AM

Exactly what is every other company in the world after?

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8198 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:07 AM

Guys, buy at Amazon. $49.99 regular edition with guarantees. No BS.

Done.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8199 on: July 22, 2011, 10:52:36 AM

I don't get it, when i checked out the price i was paying was clearly displayed.  Was this not the case for everyone?

Mine displayed the full price, my only annoyance was the multiple SKUs, but the total was the total. I wasn't trying anything funky about only putting some money down though, I just said "buy gaem" and made a snarky comment about them seemingly charging a $5 early access fee with it.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8200 on: July 22, 2011, 10:53:04 AM

Guys, buy at Amazon. $49.99 regular edition with guarantees. No BS.

Done.

I think I'm just going to check my local best buy on release day if I feel like I want to play it.  That plan has served me well for the last 3 years or so and I've never left without the game I wanted for a big release w/no pre-order.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8201 on: July 22, 2011, 10:57:47 AM

Like the VO actor for agent and inquisitor.

More from the comic con. Confirmed:

Speeder bikes and landspeeders! :)
No Mac version, Amazon is wrong
No costume slots :(
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #8202 on: July 22, 2011, 10:58:26 AM

Can't wait till you have to login to queue to login in order to get in queue to play.  why so serious?
Queue indicators are the new progress bars.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8203 on: July 22, 2011, 11:02:08 AM

When I tried to preorder from Origin I got a notice saying "Your bank will hold the full amount of this fee if you are charged."  It was quite clear, and even mentioned it on the page where you chose the edition you wanted to preorder.  It was showing the full preorder+tax cost so I expected that full amount to go on hold.  That was the morning of the 21st at about 7:00edt, though, so no idea if they'd added that info after getting slammed at 4am.

Then again, I'm also not a 21-year-old college kid who thinks he doesn't have to read everything presented to him on a purchase page.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8204 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:25 AM

I liked the agent as well.

It seems like the animations have also been improving a LOT in the last few months.  Combat looks a lot more fluid than it used to.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8205 on: July 22, 2011, 11:05:28 AM

Getting away from the pre-order drama for a moment/page, does anyone else miss how DAoC seemed to be the only MMO that showed their actual server pop. numbers, and do you think EA/BW-Mythic will try and bring that back in order to flaunt just how awesome they think their game is going to be?

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8206 on: July 22, 2011, 11:06:27 AM

Getting away from the pre-order drama for a moment/page, does anyone else miss how DAoC seemed to be the only MMO that showed their actual server pop. numbers, and do you think EA/BW-Mythic will try and bring that back in order to flaunt just how awesome they think their game is going to be?

I'd be shocked if they do.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #8207 on: July 22, 2011, 11:08:18 AM

Mob
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8208 on: July 22, 2011, 11:09:26 AM

Mob

It's Star Wars.  You 'are' the costume  why so serious?

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8209 on: July 22, 2011, 11:13:18 AM

Exactly what is every other company in the world after?

Blood or souls?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8210 on: July 22, 2011, 11:15:56 AM

When I tried to preorder from Origin I got a notice saying "Your bank will hold the full amount of this fee if you are charged."  It was quite clear, and even mentioned it on the page where you chose the edition you wanted to preorder.  It was showing the full preorder+tax cost so I expected that full amount to go on hold.  That was the morning of the 21st at about 7:00edt, though, so no idea if they'd added that info after getting slammed at 4am.

Then again, I'm also not a 21-year-old college kid who thinks he doesn't have to read everything presented to him on a purchase page.

So does that mean the bank holds that amount until the game is released?  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8211 on: July 22, 2011, 11:16:55 AM

Every word of that was true. The first was an impression of the store's purchase page (would you like me to screencap it?

Actually what I want you to do is screencap the bottom of that same page and post it here.

The second is the entire HALF A PAGE text at the top of the page when you click the preorder link.

It doesn't say what you think it does.  It says that you will receive the email confirming your order within 48 hours.  There is no mention of a queue.  Mentioning that there will be a delay between clicking purchase and receiving the confirmation order is SOP for all online purchases.  That they gave themselves 48 hours of grace is besides the point.  That there are limited numbers of pre-orders that they are willing to accept also has nothing to do with a queue.  If what you are whining about is, "Orders will be processed in the order they are received."  Uh, well fuck off.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8212 on: July 22, 2011, 11:21:56 AM

Mob
On the one hand, I get the "Vision". Since you have slotted items, you can keep the one you like the visuals on and change the components. But in practice, I want to set my appearance to anything I have access to. It's one of those things that once you're used to it, it sucks not to have it. Sacrificing style for power sucks.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8213 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24:44 AM

On the one hand, I get the "Vision". Since you have slotted items, you can keep the one you like the visuals on and change the components. But in practice, I want to set my appearance to anything I have access to. It's one of those things that once you're used to it, it sucks not to have it. Sacrificing style for power sucks.
You wanna cry about vanity items?  I'm going to miss being able to switch my role to adapt to the group I'm with in Rift, being able to fully customize my UI like WoW, and enjoy an awesome story line like LoTR...oh wait, it does have a story...well, two out of three then!   Mob

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8214 on: July 22, 2011, 11:30:08 AM

So does that mean the bank holds that amount until the game is released?  swamp poop

Might depend on the bank & company.  My Cataclysm Preorder would fall off after 2 weeks then renewed itself a day or 2 later until launch.  That was on my Visa via Best Buy.  Since my Exp. date was too close to the date, I had to use my bank debit.  It just shows as a pending transaction and reduces the amount of my balance available for purchase.It hasn't come out of my account, so at least I'm the one making interest on it and not my bank, but I can't spend it either.

That's why you're supposed to do these with a CC, not the debit card you're using on a day-to-day basis.  If it's a CC you're not fucked when the hold goes on after you've paid your rent.  why so serious? (Not that I am anyway, but there were times in my life -some quite recent- I would have been.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8215 on: July 22, 2011, 11:43:52 AM

“Look at us six weeks out. If we’re not adding servers, we’re not doing well.”
UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #8216 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:40 AM

does anyone else miss how DAoC seemed to be the only MMO that showed their actual server pop. numbers, ...

World of Tanks shows current server population in game.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8217 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54:46 AM

Yeah, it was.  But somehow...somewhere...it's someone else's fault.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8218 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56:10 AM

For any of you Bat Country folks who don't know how to change your class selection so that it appears in the roster - simply select Guild Application (under My Account).  Just update that one option and leave the rest alone, save it, and bingo....good to go.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8219 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56:27 AM

Mob

Is this an appearance tab thing?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8220 on: July 22, 2011, 11:58:30 AM

That's why you're supposed to do these with a CC, not the debit card you're using on a day-to-day basis.  If it's a CC you're not fucked when the hold goes on after you've paid your rent.  

Well, if you ARE using a money source that you are using to pay your rent directly, AND you know that its sort of "close" when it comes to your rent..welll... Well, I know that I'd be paying VERY close attention to whether or not the purchase I was about to make was going to put me over the edge.   Frankly if I was within a couple hundred bucks of making rent every month, I sure as hell wouldn't be pre-ordering a video game for all my friends  in the first place.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8221 on: July 22, 2011, 12:27:56 PM

Yes. I think Rift has multiple slots for costumes, which is a great idea. I gave them some crap in beta for not having an appearance tab, so I'll give them kudos for implementing it in a good way.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8222 on: July 22, 2011, 12:43:43 PM

The CoX/Rift system has the advantage that you can store appearances and flip between them the mood takes you.

As I understand it SWTOR is effectively allowing you to build a costume from whatever parts you find, but not giving you any help switching it around?

Still better than everything except CoX and Rift I guess. So long as we get past the EQ/WoW bullshit where gear stats and appearance are locked together then it'll do.

does anyone else miss how DAoC seemed to be the only MMO that showed their actual server pop. numbers, ...

World of Tanks shows current server population in game.

Also EQ, AC, EVE, I think I'm right in saying SWG was the first major team without enough confidence in their product to display actual numbers.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8223 on: July 22, 2011, 12:44:55 PM

I think an appearance tab is necessary in a game like WoW were armor is designed as part of a set and frankly looks ridiculous when mismatched.  Rift ironically had more realistic looking armor AND you could dye it so it always looked like you matched.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8224 on: July 22, 2011, 12:46:52 PM

Yes. I think Rift has multiple slots for costumes, which is a great idea. I gave them some crap in beta for not having an appearance tab, so I'll give them kudos for implementing it in a good way.

Appearance tabs/costume slots help a lot with the whole "Clown Suit Syndrome" you tend to fall in with other DIKUs.  It allso helps if you play female characters at times and don't want to dress like Slave Leia.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: