Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102241 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8050 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:38 AM

Is there anyone here who was actually planning to play the game who is NOT going to fork over the 60 dollars to buy it because it's just too expensive?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8051 on: July 21, 2011, 05:17:38 AM

I might wait umtil it's cheaper, but that's just because I hate being treated as a second class customer.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8052 on: July 21, 2011, 05:19:57 AM

Best Buy wouldn't take my credit card with an exp date of 11/11 because it was within 15 days of the release date.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8053 on: July 21, 2011, 05:26:35 AM

I might wait umtil it's cheaper, but that's just because I hate being treated as a second class customer.

Oh, god.  Irony.

I bought the Origin standard edition pre-order.  I looked at the Digital Deluxe ed and then noticed that the STAP looks like a jock-strap and there is no mouse droid so decided I didn't care enough about the rest to blow another 20 bucks on some virtual things that will quickly be forgotten.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8054 on: July 21, 2011, 06:01:20 AM

Is there anyone here who was actually planning to play the game who is NOT going to fork over the 60 dollars to buy it because it's just too expensive?

Well, I wasn't dead set on playing, then saw 60 and changed my mind.  But it definitely made me pause.  Had it been 50 I might have bought the pre-order impulsively.  Its kind of like gog.com.  Over there so many things are 5.99, but if they were 4.99 I'd buy everything.  Rationally, the difference isn't much, but it does take it out of my impulse buy zone in both cases for no *good* reason.  Oh, also the fact that they are limiting the supply artificially pisses me off, so I don't feel like playing their game.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8055 on: July 21, 2011, 06:09:05 AM

I still predict a grand gnashing of teeth from all of ya when Origin starts selling your info and otherwise violates your privacy in a way only EA could do.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8056 on: July 21, 2011, 06:18:20 AM

Oh, also the fact that they are limiting the supply artificially pisses me off, so I don't feel like playing their game.

I don't think their reasoning is 'artificial'.  We've all been part of launch day server meltdowns, it just sounds like Bioware is trying to be pro-active at addressing the problem and doing it in such a way that those who are MOST bothered the problem have an available, if time sensitive, remedy.

we’ve taken the difficult but necessary decision to limit our initial launch supply for the game. BioWare and LucasArts are completely focused on building an exceptional game and an exceptional game service to go with it. We decided to constrain our launch capacity to ensure we deliver a great experience to every player.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8057 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:05 AM

I think the product looks to be worth about $20.  That's what I'll pay, if it ever drops that low. 

Most games the extra $10 doesn't bother me, but it does sting little more when you get a shitty game for $60 instead of $50. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8058 on: July 21, 2011, 06:26:44 AM

I preordered the regular edition on Amazon. It said 59.95, but it's applying a $10 promotion to it when I put in my order, so it's only $49.95 when I check out.

Just FYI

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8059 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:26 AM

Me.  $60 is the price point I wait for a sale.  $60 for a sub game?  Hahahaha.  Fuck them.   Sub-based games should automatically deduct $20 from the base price.

Also they call it a mouse droid, but it looks like a Roomba.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8060 on: July 21, 2011, 06:39:04 AM

Actually, if they catch me at a time when I'm bored with what I'm playing, I'd shell out $40.  But I'm not paying full price on this one. 

Ever since I started budgeting $100/month on entertainment I've become a whole lot pickier about what I dump cash on.   
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #8061 on: July 21, 2011, 06:45:17 AM

This being a subscription game, for me the $60 is less important than what the monthly fee will be.  In any case, I am not getting a preorder, and in fact will wait until maybe a month after release, to let them sort out some of the bugs.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8062 on: July 21, 2011, 06:49:40 AM

Dammit, I even stayed up I MEAN I WAS AWAKE LATE DOING IMPORTANT THINGS but fell asleep a bit after 3am, still wasn't available. Probably activated about 5 seconds after I drifted off. I blame my cat and his cozy sleepy ways.

So probably not in the head-start, but whatchagonnado. I preordered via amazon, hopefully the 1-day shipping isn't too bad. Amazon isn't newegg when it comes to quick delivery.

Merusk's 11/11 issue is interesting, amazon sez "Estimated delivery January 3, 2012"  why so serious?

We need 4 pre-orders to get the BC pre-launch guild thingy going.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:00:10 AM by Sky »
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8063 on: July 21, 2011, 07:02:04 AM

Sometimes being an early riser isn't so bad.  I caved at bought the CE version.  Got my confirmation that I indeed will be the owner of the Sith barbie doll  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8064 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:45 AM

I don't care about any of the deluxe items, but is there any word on what that CE edition store will have? I won't pay extra for flavor items, but if it offers any actual in game advantage I might consider it.

I am the .00000001428%
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8065 on: July 21, 2011, 07:11:15 AM

I don't care about any of the deluxe items, but is there any word on what that CE edition store will have? I won't pay extra for flavor items, but if it offers any actual in game advantage I might consider it.

There looks to be nothing that will give you a real advantage.  As it should be I might add.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8066 on: July 21, 2011, 07:21:35 AM

Sometimes being an early riser isn't so bad.  I caved at bought the CE version.  Got my confirmation that I indeed will be the owner of the Sith barbie doll  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

Yeah I bought the CE too. I'm a sucker for SW crap, as my game room shows.  Took a bit of hunting to find it on BB's website, but I finally did.  Now I'm expecting to get a cancel notice from them saying they couldn't fulfill the order.  awesome, for real

Though if they do a midnight release like they did for Cata, that could work in my favor.  The preorder line for cata boxes took 30 mins for me to get through and there were still people behind me when I left. Meanwhile, every single one of the people who showed up without an order were in and out in 10 mins and there were till CE's sitting there waiting.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8067 on: July 21, 2011, 07:24:19 AM

All items listed here: http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq/

I'm kind of curious what the holocam does.  Is it just some screenshot maanager that copies stuff on the server or does it actually record npc scripted conversations to review later.
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #8068 on: July 21, 2011, 07:25:48 AM

I got the CE from Amazon. Normally they're slow to provide any associated codes, but the pre-order code and the order confirmation arrived in my in box at the same time.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8069 on: July 21, 2011, 07:31:27 AM

Oh, god.  Irony.

Also cheaper and gives me time to do more worthwhile things.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8070 on: July 21, 2011, 07:37:12 AM

I knew EA was going to try and bend people over for this game but they started in hard and without lube.  Can't wait to see where this goes, RMT's away!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8071 on: July 21, 2011, 07:49:55 AM

People are claiming if you pre-ordered through origin and then applied the code to your swtor site account your EA/Origin master account password HAS BEEN changed to your SWTOR site password.
This is assuming the same e-mail address is used for SWTOR site and Origin.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383789
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:58:49 AM by Outlawedprod »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8072 on: July 21, 2011, 07:52:26 AM

There is nothing wrong with voting with your dollars.  It's just that the logic of, "I'll show them to treat me as a second class customer by showing them I absolutely am a second class customer." that made me raise an eyebrow.

Not buying is a statement.  Buying later, at a discount, pretty much just means you aren't in their primary market demographic but you are in a secondary market i.e. a second class customer.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8073 on: July 21, 2011, 07:53:33 AM

People are claiming if you pre-ordered through origin and then applied the code to your swtor site account your EA/Origin master account password has not been changed to your SWTOR site password.

Uh, yeah?  They are two different accounts.  One is EA/Origin and their entire world of products and the other is an MMO named SWTOR.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8074 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:44 AM

Words out now that in September, they will be having invitation-only testing events.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8075 on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:33 AM

People are claiming if you pre-ordered through origin and then applied the code to your swtor site account your EA/Origin master account password HAS BEEN changed to your SWTOR site password.

Uh, yeah?  They are two different accounts.  One is EA/Origin and their entire world of products and the other is an MMO named SWTOR.

oops fixed.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #8076 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:39 AM

Latest rumour:

The CE Exclusive Store is confirmation of there going to be a standard store, selling items using Bioware Points.

Facepalm

The EA marketing team should be taken out back and shot over a lot this. They've announced a pre-order which they've said is limited but when you read the press release, it pretty much implies that it's limited early access. They call it a store (implying microntransactions) rather than vendor which confuses the easily confused too. But - if it is a BP based microtransaction store (designed to fleece those with obviously too much money) then what a way to announce it.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8077 on: July 21, 2011, 08:05:20 AM

Confirmed this happened for two of my friends and just now myself. I see their infrastructure migration for Origin is causing more than just DLC problems with Bioware games =p
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8078 on: July 21, 2011, 08:08:28 AM

Latest rumour:
The CE Exclusive Store is confirmation of there going to be a standard store, selling items using Bioware Points.
 Facepalm
The EA marketing team should be taken out back and shot over a lot this. They've announced a pre-order which they've said is limited but when you read the press release, it pretty much implies that it's limited early access. They call it a store (implying microntransactions) rather than vendor which confuses the easily confused too. But - if it is a BP based microtransaction store (designed to fleece those with obviously too much money) then what a way to announce it.

Well at least we pretty much have unofficial confirmation by how shoddy and quickly they tried to do this pre-order that they are in desperate need of CASH MONEY.  Most expensive game EVAR confirmed?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8079 on: July 21, 2011, 08:14:03 AM

Words out now that in September, they will be having invitation-only testing events.

So open beta then....  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8080 on: July 21, 2011, 08:22:31 AM

There is nothing wrong with voting with your dollars.  It's just that the logic of, "I'll show them to treat me as a second class customer by showing them I absolutely am a second class customer." that made me raise an eyebrow.

Not buying is a statement.  Buying later, at a discount, pretty much just means you aren't in their primary market demographic but you are in a secondary market i.e. a second class customer.

I am in fact unable to even be a first class customer. Their response to availability in Finland and other affected areas is this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383239
They are seemingly unaware that Finland is part of Europe.

But you're right, I straight up shouldn't buy the game.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:25:58 AM by jakonovski »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8081 on: July 21, 2011, 08:23:17 AM

Latest rumour:
 Facepalm

Well at least we pretty much have unofficial confirmation by how shoddy and quickly they tried to do this pre-order that they are in desperate need of CASH MONEY.  Most expensive game EVAR confirmed?

"Use the lube, Lukeeee"

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #8082 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:11 AM

Me.  $60 is the price point I wait for a sale.  $60 for a sub game?  Hahahaha.  Fuck them.   Sub-based games should automatically deduct $20 from the base price.

Also they call it a mouse droid, but it looks like a Roomba.

You should be stolid and wait for the F2P that will inevitably happen in 6-9 months.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #8083 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:28 AM

Preordered the standard from Amazon.  Extra items might be nice but not worth the $

It sounds like the preorder gets me the ability to download the client for early access anyway so no need to pay for shipping on my end.  Not that I want to choke my bandwidth on SWTOR, but it is an option.  

Now we wait and see how traumatic the release is. why so serious?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8084 on: July 21, 2011, 08:27:39 AM

Gee, given the anticipation currently going on, it looks like they're going to skyrocket to 3-4 million subs during the first month. That's gonna be an interesting launch  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: