Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102029 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12705 on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:02 AM

Also, it is christmas, followed by summer holidays.

I will probably grab a copy in December, but I seriously doubt I'm going to make any effort to play it properly till Feb.

5 day headstart at a time of the year when you should all seriously be drunk as hell every night.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Unless you have enough gaming rl friends that you can play it *while* getting drunk - in which case well cool.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12706 on: November 13, 2011, 09:29:40 AM

5 day headstart at a time of the year when you should all seriously be drunk as hell every night.  Ohhhhh, I see.

What if you don't drink or aren't a teenager or in their 20's?  The holidays for me consists of mostly keeping to myself and avoiding as much family as possible except on Christmas Day and New Years.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12707 on: November 13, 2011, 09:35:04 AM

Uncle Frank?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12708 on: November 13, 2011, 09:42:27 AM

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #12709 on: November 13, 2011, 12:26:38 PM

So I got an email saying, "Hey, you're in!"

It also says that further info is coming. What's the general wait time on this alleged further info?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12710 on: November 13, 2011, 12:38:49 PM

So I got an email saying, "Hey, you're in!"

It also says that further info is coming. What's the general wait time on this alleged further info?

Sometime before Dec. 20th.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12711 on: November 13, 2011, 12:48:27 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12712 on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:00 PM

No it's Dec 20th in North America.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12713 on: November 13, 2011, 12:54:34 PM

No it's Dec 20th in North America.

Sky is correct.  5-day head start counts as 'release time'.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #12714 on: November 13, 2011, 01:06:50 PM

At this point after getting a spaceship on one guy I feel like stopping beta.   I can tell I'm going to end up playing all 8 storylines at release so spoiling would just be counterproductive.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #12715 on: November 13, 2011, 01:16:37 PM

While we've always known that "story", at least in the Devs eyes, is probably their strongest selling point, I think it's interesting to read (both here and in various other forums) "I don't want to spoil myself" and similar sentences when it comes to a MMO: naturally, it makes me think that, at least at the moment, they're (already?) achieving one of their main objectives, which is make the player interested and engaged in the plot (something we witnessed only in LOTRO before; WoW, especially with the first two expansions, was more about pure zone progression, and along the way you could find interesting and funny quests), along with the other sub-activities and playing styles typical for this kind of game.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12716 on: November 13, 2011, 01:23:34 PM

PvP servers just auto flag you for PvP past like level 15-20 or so (similar to WoW if you are familiar with that). There aren't many spots where you actually run across the opposing faction for the first 30-35 levels though, so if you are just wanting to beat a Queue for the weekend, feel free, the noob planets themselves are total safe zones, the opposing faction can't even land on them.

Can you flag yourself for PvP on non-PvP servers? Or just battlegrounds or the RvR planet?

- Viin
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12717 on: November 13, 2011, 01:42:38 PM

You can flag yourself yea, just like WoW PvE servers.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12718 on: November 13, 2011, 02:45:22 PM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #12719 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:22 PM

While we've always known that "story", at least in the Devs eyes, is probably their strongest selling point, I think it's interesting to read (both here and in various other forums) "I don't want to spoil myself" and similar sentences when it comes to a MMO: naturally, it makes me think that, at least at the moment, they're (already?) achieving one of their main objectives, which is make the player interested and engaged in the plot (something we witnessed only in LOTRO before; WoW, especially with the first two expansions, was more about pure zone progression, and along the way you could find interesting and funny quests), along with the other sub-activities and playing styles typical for this kind of game.

If you're willing to be immersed, it'll suck you right in. If you go in hating DIKU, hating Star Wars, or hating post-WoW MMO's the story won't do anything for you.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #12720 on: November 13, 2011, 03:58:35 PM

I wanted to ask whether this continues the KOTOR story in anyway, but then I stumbled across this:

Q:How does Star Wars: The Old Republic relate to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

A:Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place approximately three hundred years after the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR). At the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War in KOTOR, Revan disappeared into unknown space in search of a great threat to the Republic, an expanding Sith Empire led by a mysterious Emperor who planned vengeance for his ancient Jedi enemies. Revan never returned from unknown space, but the Sith Empire did, kicking off a war with the Republic that lasted for decades. Now, despite the uneasy truce created by the Treaty of Coruscant, the tension among the divided star systems is threatening to once again tear the galaxy apart.
Ohhhhh, I see.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12721 on: November 13, 2011, 04:01:19 PM

At this point after getting a spaceship on one guy I feel like stopping beta.   I can tell I'm going to end up playing all 8 storylines at release so spoiling would just be counterproductive.

I find I only like listening to myself with several of the voice actors.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12722 on: November 13, 2011, 10:02:47 PM

Ingmar is lucky I like the smuggler voice actress (the consular voice actress is ... okay. The fact she has three potential boyfriends helps her cause, though.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS), because otherwise I would totally be nothing but dudes. ESPECIALLY after they patch the gay in.

I saw like five male twileks total during the weekend, and I was the only one not a beefalo.

God Save the Horn Players
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12723 on: November 13, 2011, 10:06:44 PM

Ingmar is lucky I like the smuggler voice actress (the consular voice actress is ... okay. The fact she has three potential boyfriends helps her cause, though.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS), because otherwise I would totally be nothing but dudes. ESPECIALLY after they patch the gay in.

I saw like five male twileks total during the weekend, and I was the only one not a beefalo.

That's because fat Twi'leks are  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #12724 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:23 PM

So weekend testing is over and no more play for me? 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12725 on: November 13, 2011, 10:13:20 PM

That's because fat Twi'leks are  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

They totally are, I almost made one myself.

God Save the Horn Players
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12726 on: November 13, 2011, 10:13:39 PM

Yep it ended like 30 minutes ago.  You have the next weekend though, everyone got invited for that one.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12727 on: November 14, 2011, 01:40:10 AM

Did pretty much the same thing, although I did also play the first few quests on Imperial Agent as well just to give myself a taste of the class I'm going to play first come launch.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #12728 on: November 14, 2011, 04:45:01 AM

If you knew enough about reality to build the a perfect simulation, then you wouldn't need the simulation in the first place.

This is probably zen.

No, it's tautological and not even new. For reference see every Virtual Reality paper/book/movie/ Tinfoil Hat for the last 45 years.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #12729 on: November 14, 2011, 06:42:25 AM

They really need to drop the NDA.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #12730 on: November 14, 2011, 06:46:42 AM

I think they're waiting for us to hit 400.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #12731 on: November 14, 2011, 07:10:12 AM

I think they're waiting for us to hit 400.

At the current rate of this thread the NDA will drop after launch if we wait for 400 :(  Just realized the earliest head starters start to play in 1 month(Dec 15th)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:12:23 AM by Shatter »
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12732 on: November 14, 2011, 07:52:52 AM

They really need to drop the NDA.

I've heard rumors of Dec. 1st.  And that would be about right if they drop the NDA with the next beta weekend.  I mean it's pretty much an "open beta" weekend anyway with all the people they are letting in.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12733 on: November 14, 2011, 10:24:50 AM

Trooper vs. Inquisitor : http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/choose-your-side-inquisitor-vs-trooper

I think it's fairly obvious who wins this fight.   cool

Hint:

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12734 on: November 14, 2011, 10:38:05 AM

Trooper vs. Inquisitor : http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/choose-your-side-inquisitor-vs-trooper

The winner is: The class being played by the most people.  At the 3 month mark, they will alter class balance so the other wins and people will then reroll a new toon to play that side.  They continue this balance game to maximize the number of people hanging on to subscriptions.   So goes the legacy of the 3 month reroll. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12735 on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:14 AM

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12736 on: November 14, 2011, 12:02:00 PM

Nah - everyone knows the teris ki class is going to pwn in the expansion.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #12737 on: November 14, 2011, 12:26:10 PM

Monk > all.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #12738 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:04 PM

Hint:

Why have you not made some version of that pic your avatar yet?

Over and out.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #12739 on: November 14, 2011, 12:51:46 PM

Why have you not made some version of that pic your avatar yet?

Maybe he thinks a Smiling Communist Potato will beat even a trooper?
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: