Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Consolidated List of Issues with WAR: Read for Moneyhats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Consolidated List of Issues with WAR: Read for Moneyhats  (Read 43778 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 04:09:00 PM

Jesus Christ, why would you ever do it that way.

God Save the Horn Players
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 09:04:13 AM

Jesus Christ, why would you ever do it that way.

Because I think Mythic thought the servers would be balanced population-wise and the majority would be RvRing their hearts out. So equal sides would be meeting in battle.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 11:22:05 AM

Given their experience with DAoC and THOSE populations ... Jesus Christ, why would you ever do it that way.

God Save the Horn Players
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 01:14:49 AM

Given their experience with DAoC and THOSE populations ... Jesus Christ, why would you ever do it that way.

I wonder. I really do.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 04:57:08 PM

Okie, now I'm pissed.  We were doing Gunbad.  I'm in the top four of all five PQs we've done.  No rewards in the first four because I roll badly.  Fifth, I finally win number one and a purple bag.  Except all but one of us wiped.  No way we can make it back, so I lose a goddamn purple bag and the only reward I've gotten out of two hours.

Why do I have to click a goddamn chest when I WIN?

PS - More bags, please.  Four is silly.  On the plus side, the general length of these is good.  More like Tier 1 PQs.  More of this is needed.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zira
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 05:28:08 PM

Okie, now I'm pissed.  We were doing Gunbad.  I'm in the top four of all five PQs we've done.  No rewards in the first four because I roll badly.  Fifth, I finally win number one and a purple bag.  Except all but one of us wiped.  No way we can make it back, so I lose a goddamn purple bag and the only reward I've gotten out of two hours.

PS - More bags, please.  Four is silly.  On the plus side, the general length of these is good.  More like Tier 1 PQs.  More of this is needed.

Even more fun.... get a client crash in Gunbad... and you come back in in Badlands... with no hope of joining your friends.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 05:59:20 PM

How many people are you doing this with?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 06:47:33 PM

How many people are you doing this with?
Twelve to thirteen.

Even more fun.... get a client crash in Gunbad... and you come back in in Badlands... with no hope of joining your friends.   Ohhhhh, I see.
That would be what happened as we were looking for the boss for PQ number seven...  angry

I did get a green bag out of number six.  I'm still upset at losing a purple bag though.

schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 07:04:28 PM

Twelve to thirteen.

What level were you all that you wiped with that many people?!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 07:13:55 PM

Mostly low 20's.  This was the chaos boss.  Two or three champion trolls joined in.  Their attacks took me down within seconds of them engaging.  I guess my block decided then was a great time to give me a bad streak.  Our main tank managed to stay up for quite a while, but the trolls made it to our back ranks and their AoEs devastated them before they could be dealt with.  We also only had two healers, and I think the warrior priest went down around the time I did.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 07:27:18 PM

Gunbad needs a flight path or something. The northern edge of the Badlands is really goddamn annoying to get to, and if something goes down elsewhere when you're there, it's a real drag to get all the way back to a warcamp.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 07:36:06 PM

Gunbad needs a flight path or something. The northern edge of the Badlands is really goddamn annoying to get to, and if something goes down elsewhere when you're there, it's a real drag to get all the way back to a warcamp.

No it's not, it's fun content to run a good 5 minutes back to the PQ you were playing only to see it fail and reset.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 11:26:32 PM

Anyone else think that increasing player damage to PvE mobs by 50% across the board would make PvE more enjoyable?

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 11:33:32 PM

Anyone else think that increasing player damage to PvE mobs by 50% across the board would make PvE more enjoyable?

Not really, no. It would just make it faster.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 11:57:30 PM

Not really, no. It would just make it faster.

I can live with faster.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 12:03:13 AM

Faster would at least be better, but more in a 'less painful' way rather than 'actually fun'. As it is, the only way I'd bother with pve would be if they made it so fast that the rewards were much, much better than in scenarios.
Zzulu

Email
Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 05:25:29 AM

Planetside failed because

a) The FPS elements were not good. Crappy gunplay, crappy gameplay, crappy visuals. Everythiing about it was meh.

b) The world was 100% static and empty and nothing you did mattered.

If they would release an MMOFPS today, but you know, one that is fun and interesting to play, I think tons of people would give it a shot.
tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 10:31:26 AM

No way we can make it back, so I lose a goddamn purple bag and the only reward I've gotten out of two hours.

Ummm, petion it?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 11:02:41 AM

Doubt it would do any good.  I'd rather the design changed than the item anyways.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 01:00:18 AM

Doubt it would do any good.  I'd rather the design changed than the item anyways.

I'd love the option of being either being self-rezzed where I am or being teleported to the nearest base. Still get the wounds debuff either way, but it means less running back to the objective area just in time to see it fail.

tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:41 AM

If they are serious about competing with WoW sure they'll fix it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:36 AM

I suppose I could submit a ticket.  Most that happens is I get ignored and I make a CSR go, "Oh gods, another lootwhore who lost their bag from not being leet enough to survive.  Cry more noob."

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 22, 2008, 03:27:51 PM

Update:  As I suspected, the CSR couldn't do anything.  As no item was ever in my inventory, there was nothing to verify for restoration.  So I'll formally add:

• PQ loot bag drops automatically awarded if the player is unable to reach the chest before the PQ resets.

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 23, 2008, 04:51:18 AM

Due to very low server population I've only had the chance to finish one public quest. I missed my bag exactly the same way Ohhhhh, I see.
McSteak
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 23, 2008, 05:53:43 AM

Due to very low server population I've only had the chance to finish one public quest. I missed my bag exactly the same way Ohhhhh, I see.

Damn, only 1 pq?

That kinda sucks   ACK!
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 07:44:07 AM

For me the big thing is variety of mobs/quests and different settings.

Now granted you can say wow just re-skins a lot of stuff but levelling 1-70 you always feel like you're advancing, exploring new areas meeting new races and killing new things.

First time I've ever used this one-word phrase, but...this.

It bugged me in WoW that they put glaciers next to swamps and deserts next to lakes with no realistic transition in between. Then I remembered the alternative; games that have come before and after WoW, which insist on everything being moderate plains and hills with nothing too extreme.

Bright colors and happy places seems like it's for pussies while the real gamers should prefer desolate warzones. But then...I have no desire to log onto WAR right now. My character started in a charred wasteland, and it's charred wastelands as far as the eye can see. I don't want to spend my virtual fun in a charred wasteland. It sucks to slog through ash and ruin, and I don't want to play in suck.

Within the first hour of EQ even, you've seen and likely fought five distinct mobs. In WAR, there's um, I killed a bunch of people....

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 10:28:03 AM

Update:  As I suspected, the CSR couldn't do anything.  As no item was ever in my inventory, there was nothing to verify for restoration.  So I'll formally add:

• PQ loot bag drops automatically awarded if the player is unable to reach the chest before the PQ resets.

Yea, I really don't get the whole "click the chest" thing as being necessary.  Sure it is cool the first few times, but it is just wierd later one.  The other night we finished a 5-stage PQ that took probably 30 minutes (one stage was a "live for 15 minutes" stage).  All in all it was not THAT bad, but at the end when we killed the last boss... the whole thing instantly reset and we were swarmed with mobs and all died.  Nobody got a loot bag.

We are looking for a different change in PQs though... and that is the ability to NOT WIN LOOT.  Just as much as it sucks to not get your bag, it sucks to have one guy in the group get ALL of the purple bags.  This is especially true since the rewards are always the same.  This is reminiscent of WoW, where 24 people run a dungeon and the loot drops for the same 4 people... every night... for weeks.  I don't want to have to run a PQ 50 times to get 6 people geared.  Let us click a button to "pass" at the least so that the guy below us gets our bag.  We do almost everything in guild groups, and it sucks when WAR punishes us for helping guildies.  Basically the guys who have already completed all the PQs, gotten their gear and influence, and moved on are being told NOT to help the lower level guildies for fear that they will contribute more (higher level/DPS/etc) and win the big bags.  Right now we are forced to fix it ourselves by having people log out of the game in the last stage and in so doing reset their contribution.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 10:31:57 AM

Could it be to prevent people from just being an afk bot in a group while the rest of the group does the PQ several times?

Not that I really care about someone getting PQ loot for not doing anything.  I think it's just to minimize people idling at PQ's and being rewarded for it even more than from inf and xp.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 23, 2008, 11:01:00 AM

I suppose that is a danger, but this would be some sort of manual "click", so that if 5 guildies have already completed the PQ and got their purple bags they can choose to pass to the 6th guildie.  As it stands now it is COMPLETELY a matter of chance.  That means instead of running the PQ 6 times we will have to run it 20 times (or more if the last guy is low level/damage/contribution).  It just stinks of the WoW-syndrome of "raid more, get more stuff for ME".  Even WoW is moving away from that.  I know that they give influence... and that is cool.  It just seems like they should offer a mechanic for guilds to help each other rather than compete against each other.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 23, 2008, 01:19:52 PM

It's possible, but if you do nothing you don't get any points towards participation so you don't get a roll.  So it's a redundant mechanism if that is the intention.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Consolidated List of Issues with WAR: Read for Moneyhats  
Jump to: