Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Major PvP changes for I13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Major PvP changes for I13  (Read 4741 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: October 14, 2008, 08:55:03 PM

Castle (the Powers Guy) has a number of large changes being considered for CoH/V's PvP system:

It's long, so I'll just give a link

The short of it is that it tries to put diminishing returns on everything that can possibly stack and also stop PvPers from doing the old gank and run (or hold and gank) that happens. I find the idea of a diminishing returns on healing to be a very interesting idea.

CoH/V's current PvP population appears to be up in arms over the proposed changes. Now, the fun thing is that I13 has to come out by November 30 at the latest in order to go out this year... and it will be going out. I wonder how well such changes to the PvP system will go if testing indicates some problems that need more time to refine.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:54:32 PM

Poor Dark Defenders/Masterminds/etc.  Never considered the proper class for the higher base status effects, despite being built around them.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:09:12 AM

Interesting, everytime I went to try to PvP in CoX the Zone was empty.  Hopefully, this helps encourage some more epic super hero battles.

The CoX forums are still crazy as ever, jeebus, 110 pages (since yesterday!) of mostly people that want to hear themselves talk on that thread.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:33:51 AM

That thread is mostly the tiny group of 'high end PvPers' bemoaning the changes.  Never mind that they're the same group that's largely responsible for the empty PvP zones.  Well, them and the game mechanics that don't translate well to PvP.  I'm looking forward to seeing if the changes will make CoX PvP more fun.

Over and out.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 05:51:28 AM

I'm curious, as the plan for suppression with and increase in melee range to 7' (yah for it on pve too!--just the increase in range is going to pve), means stalker sneaks up an AS you, then since you can't leap away like a frog on crack, he has time and range now for another follow up attack.  Problem is stalkers were doing great before this buff.  I just wish they would add some more things to make the stalker more pve friendly (like actually giving them some endurace regen in willpower, or dark armor, or regen powersets).
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 05:57:05 AM

Except:

* Each AT now recieves a bonus resist buff while in PVP, in order to set each AT closer in overall survivability. This resist primarily reduces up the gap in hitpoints between lower hitpoint AT's and higher hitpoint AT's

Which should help take the edge off those Assassin Strikes.

Over and out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Major PvP changes for I13  
Jump to: