Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Someone forgot to tell Marc Jacobs... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Someone forgot to tell Marc Jacobs...  (Read 38154 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 14, 2008, 08:55:26 AM

I think the burn out would less if T1-T3 RvR was even 80% as rewarding as scenerios.

Huge increases in gear drop rates and xp/rp gains in world rvr would go a long way to provide variety.  Sport pvp is fun in small doses, but not enough to keep people interested.  The pvp scenarios quickly feel like any other xp grind in the game after you've done them enough.  It's really a problem.  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #71 on: October 14, 2008, 09:43:49 AM

Destruction understandably hates Black Fire Basin

On Ulthuan at T3 everybody queues for Tor Anroc, and anything else is likely to fail due to lack of Order participation. There's really no option but to do the same scenario because everything else usually ends after a minute due to Order not making the numbers. Also, its a simple scenario, Destro enjoys a terrain advantage, and Order enjoys a punt advantage (provided they can find some tanks). So its easily winnable by both, and its usually either because of a guild team on one side, level imbalance or career match-up lottery.

Destruction loves Black Fire Basin and anything other than Tor Anroc, because its a certain victory due to lack of Order participation and a chance to clear those pesky quests. Either the scenario will close after a minute, or enough Order stragglers will slowly join (usually level 21/22s who don't know better or who want to clear those pesky quests) to keep the game open and Destro can continue to farm kills at the Order spawn for a few minutes more.

Given how much effort presumably went into making all these scenarios its a shame that the overall implementation is so awful.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 14, 2008, 11:02:10 AM

Yeah, had a group with my guild and we were severely outranked in Black Fire Basin.  They were standing at the base of the spawn hill farming us.  It was really bad.  Tor Anaroc was the only map we did decently on, because of the punting.  Which is fun, but I imagine highly frustrating for the puntees.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 14, 2008, 11:03:36 AM

It is funny to see how different each server is... on our server Doomfist, The cemetary, and The Isha Temple are the 3 that pop most.  Tor Anroc pops every often... the other 2 not at all.

Of course our groups always just use the "queue all" button.  So, I suppose those people who are choosing particular scenarios are actually deciding.  Strange how even among the factions the choice of scenario changes depending on the server.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 14, 2008, 11:07:22 AM

I really really think the queues may be bugged somehow, both in what pops and in whether it does.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #75 on: October 14, 2008, 11:21:51 AM

There really should be only one queue per tier.  And what scenario you choose is your vote.  Proportioned to the votes, random roll selects which one pops.  So if 30% vote Mourkain, then Mourkain has a 30% chance of being the one that pops.

"Me am play gods"
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 14, 2008, 12:53:46 PM

I think the burn out would less if T1-T3 RvR was even 80% as rewarding as scenerios.

Yeah, I have a blast in non-scenario  RVR when I can find some going on.  I've scaled back my playing and stopped worrying about keeping up with those folks that are powering through the game faster than I am.  I've gotten back in touch with my inner ADD and started trying random crap just to see if it unlocks something.  It has cut down on my leveling speed but I am liking the game again.
kZZZ

Email
Reply #77 on: October 22, 2008, 10:57:21 AM

Sentences get capitalized.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:15:45 AM by schild »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #78 on: October 23, 2008, 02:35:20 PM

Sentences get capitalized.

What?  ALL of them???

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #79 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:51 PM

I sooo want to write a letter to Mythic.

But I won't cause the idiots can't even manage to answer their damn CSR Appeals.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Someone forgot to tell Marc Jacobs...  
Jump to: