Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 10/8 7CDT Teir 3 PQ Rush 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10/8 7CDT Teir 3 PQ Rush  (Read 10379 times)
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:42 AM

We'll probably start at ch. 11 or 12 depending what level our main tank is.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:25:58 AM

Would you be OK with higher level people coming along to help finish the PQs, particularly the red ones, or is EXP from the trash mobs (rather than the stages of each PQ) important? I ask because I got so little experience from the trash mobs that I don't really know what you're going for.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:12:22 AM

As far as material goals go I'd say loot from inf and from bags is primary goal.  There is better ways to get xp.  I'd worry about about you skewing the inf and contribution especially if we have 2 groups.  Basically even through we'd be in a warband inf and xp is calculated by group and I bet contribution is also.  Not so bad if you could decline to roll for bags.

But I wouldn't mind trying some stuff out.  Maybe we could counter balance you.

"Me am play gods"
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:21:36 AM

I say Intolerance jump in to quicken stage 1, then log off when the hero comes in to avoid rolling for it.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:22:09 AM

Note: My Contribution wasn't even counted in the keeps we took last week. Despite probably out damaging most people, I didn't even register on the bonus parts. Who knows how they work that shit though.

I can't imagine I would skew too much, and honestly, the late tier 3 stuff is probably better than some of the stuff I have, I know the last 2 chapters have great inf rewards, particularly in the dwarf zone.
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:43:50 PM

I'd come for that.

I'd even spec for tanking if you wanted that from me.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:06 AM

Is 20 too low for this? I haven't found a single PQ up to now with anyone doing it, so I sort of see it as my only chance.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:18:23 AM

20 works.

"Me am play gods"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:29:26 AM

I won't be on till 9 or 10, if it's still going on then.  I work late on Tue-Thur. 

I spent some time grinding PQs last night... I didn't even notice my xp bar move at all.  Nearly an hour of grouped PQing is equivalent to a seven minute TA scenario win, from what I can tell.  I think I'm doing it wrong.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:32:17 AM

QQ, my alt is 15.

I can help heal it on the WP if you need me to. Just yell at me.

edit: I believe you can give away the PQ bags, but I've never tried. So if a higher level wins a good one, he can just hand it off to someone else.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:39:19 AM

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 07:48:40 AM

Ya, grinding PQ for xp is not going work. Its only slightly better than grinding random mobs if you can complete stage 1.

Any opinions on which pairing to use?  Particularly one where the PQs are close to each other?

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 07:49:08 AM

In Tier 3, the Dwarf PQs have the best rewards.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 07:58:21 AM

Man, if this is daoc 2, I'm totally using the phrases that dominated all daoc conversations.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:24:31 AM

Dwarf Ch. 11.
We had 10 people at our max. We did 7 PQs taking about an hour and a half to fill up the inf bar.  Intolerance died KFC-style 2 or 3 times.

Dwarf Ch 13.
After that a few people dropped and we tried our hand a dififcult PQ in CH. 13.  We got ganked while fighting the Lord at the end.  A few people dropped and we met up with an Iron Order group and did 5 PQs.  We capped influence in ch 13 in about 2 hours.

Post mortem.
Fun wise I think the last half hour of Chapter 11 dragged.  I hoping to be able to do a Chapter in an hour.  But I didn't want to move us and not get the advance reward.  Part of me wants to set a time limit in each chapter.  13 was more fun for me but I think that's because I had already seen ch 11.

Thoughts about Wednesday?
Improvements for Friday?  Probably meet up with Iron Order again.

"Me am play gods"
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 08:34:05 AM

Preface: This is Challenge in game for those that don't know.

I left after the 4th PQ in ch13 (missed capping influence, but I can do that later).

It was pretty fun, and the added Iron Order people were pretty decent. We generally got terrible loot drops, with several PQs just giving a bunch of green bags, but this isn't an issue with the way we did it per se.

CH11 did suck at the end, because I think we made a bad decision to do the Grind 175 goblins two stage one at the end. That one is the least fun and has the slowest spawns and in general just takes too long because you have to spawn camp on multiple levels of the platform. We should have probably done river trolls or some such.

In Ch13, the revenant one was pretty fast and has an actually challenging boss fight at the end. The undead crypts one is annoying because of corridors and LOS issues, but was a good change of pace.  The orc one we did near the end was just dumb because of the requirement to kill 50 of the blue face ones which spawn like 1/10 of the time.  The part where we had the IO tank just get a bunch and aoe them down was good, but is only possible in the heavy density camps. Ideally we want to do more of those types of PQs and less of the single target dps spawn camping ones.

This is the type of thing that is really necessary to give t3 PvE some legs, so we should really have one running as often as possible. We can go do empire next time or some such. As a small note to the IO people: standards cause massive memory leak. It seems like a good idea to drop them, but it'd be helpful to see who's affected by the zero fps slowdown and if its like 90% of the group, don't even bother. Other then that, had a great time. We should have counterstomped the destro that ganked us in the PQ, but I think we didn't move fast enough. Maybe use vent next time?
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 08:46:09 AM

>so we should really have one running as often as possible.
Anyone can post an event here and we'll put it on the calendar.

"Me am play gods"
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:15 AM

I wish I'd been able to stay, the 13 was a lot more interesting. I think I'd rather fail at a challenging one than succeed at a grind like the goblin one.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 09:37:48 AM

Preface: This is Challenge in game for those that don't know.
 We should have counterstomped the destro that ganked us in the PQ, but I think we didn't move fast enough. Maybe use vent next time?

I was in vent the whole time, as was kirth and I think trias. And when the destro showed up I did drop everything and attack. Took out the Sorc and the Zealot, but 2 chosen and a marauder pounding on me was too much.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 09:44:31 AM

I need to at least turn vent on my speakers. I was staring at squared and had no idea they were there until they got around to killing me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: 10/8 7CDT Teir 3 PQ Rush  
Jump to: