Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Family Guy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family Guy  (Read 32476 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 04:06:01 AM

I doubt they pulled out the "you punch your mother with that mouth?" line.

True, that was a nice little gem.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 08:30:37 PM

WATCH NOW.

Jesus, the season opener was awesome.

schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:25 PM

It didn't get me until the Disney part. Goddamn that was brilliant.

Edit: Everything after it was amazing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:54:58 PM by schild »
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 29, 2009, 08:14:07 PM

The Mayor McCheese bit was  ACK!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 29, 2009, 08:35:30 PM

If by  ACK! you mean  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 07:59:02 AM

I think the only multiverse I didn't get was the real blocky, poorly animated one. I thought at first it was a jab at Gennedy Tartikof's style but figured it was aping something else after I watched it again. Was it supposed to be a parody of some bad Flash animation?

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 11:17:06 AM

My governess drowned me in a well. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 08:34:41 PM

Holy crap the amnesia episode is amazing.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 08:36:01 PM

Holy crap the amnesia episode is amazing.

Agreed. The Dwayne Johnson bit had me rolling.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 08:42:24 PM

The adult swim bump was probably one of the awesomest things ever.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 08:44:03 PM

Yes.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 08:45:35 PM

I've really not been that impressed with this season so far.  Until the Amnesia episode.  I thought it was hysterical.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 08:47:01 PM

Anyone seen Something, Something, Something Darkside?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 08:50:50 PM

My ex got it for me.  On Blu-Ray.  Which I don't have.  So no, sadly...
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 08:53:00 PM

Want to send it to me? I'll send it back.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-H.L. Mencken
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 08:54:48 PM

I left it at her place and told her to just return it.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 10:55:55 PM

We rented it this weekend, it was pretty damned funny, definitely good family guy.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 05, 2010, 08:20:03 AM

The adult swim bump was probably one of the awesomest things ever.

I have to admit, it threw me for a few seconds. Granted I was dividing my attention between FG and WoW, but for a second or two I really had to think hard as to what day and time it was. I was thinking 'Wait, did I change the channel at the commercial break? I don't think I did...'

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 05, 2010, 09:10:19 AM

My TV changed the channel automatically because of the DVR, and I didn't know it was a new episode, so when that [adult swim] thing happened I literally didn't know what channel it was on until the end of the commercials. I WAS FREAKING OUT!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: January 05, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Yeah, I got it for Christmas.  Not as good as Blue Harvest, but still pretty funny.  I'll have to watch it a few more times to really form a firmer opinion of it.

My take away from the first viewing was that the source material was treated with too much reverence, and that there wasn't as much corny stuff to mine jokes from since it's such a tight movie.   I can't even remember a lot of the jokes because they weren't as amusing as Han taking off with the couch from the Death Star.  (They do question the same thing I've always questioned, though. WTF is Lando wearing Han's clothes at the end?!)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 06, 2010, 02:22:19 PM

Yeah it had some nice moments and funny bits but it really seemed more like an homage, mild pastiche of Empire than Family Guy but with the Star Wars plotline.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
WayAbvPar

Reply #56 on: January 06, 2010, 02:29:10 PM

SSSDS is pretty good. It got better the 2nd time I watched it (I missed the R2/Cleveland 'running with this' joke the first time through since I wasn't looking at the screen). Wish they would have done better with Yoda, though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 09, 2010, 04:11:37 AM

Yeah, I got it for Christmas.  Not as good as Blue Harvest, but still pretty funny.  I'll have to watch it a few more times to really form a firmer opinion of it.

My take away from the first viewing was that the source material was treated with too much reverence, and that there wasn't as much corny stuff to mine jokes from since it's such a tight movie.   I can't even remember a lot of the jokes because they weren't as amusing as Han taking off with the couch from the Death Star.  (They do question the same thing I've always questioned, though. WTF is Lando wearing Han's clothes at the end?!)

Well Han was captured and Lando escaped with only the clothes on his back.  So his wardrobe choices are limited to what's on the Falcon. 

I'm just making this shit up though.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 09, 2010, 11:54:13 AM

That actually makes perfect sense, and adds an extra level of depth to the character.  ACK!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 09, 2010, 12:00:12 PM

I mean really, Han and Lando grew up together, they both went through a dirty rotten smuggler phase, then grew into respectable adults. And yet, when the chips were down, Han was willing to be tortured and killed for his beliefs, while Lando just sold out.

Lando tried to make ammends by getting Leia and others out of there, but in the process, left everything he had behind; figuratively and literally.

Next thing we see, Lando has taken Han's place, looking up to his old friend, following in his footsteps, and donning the shell Han wore in the past.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #60 on: September 27, 2010, 09:19:29 AM

NECRO!

The season opener was last night, and it was a parody of "And Then There Were None" where most of the town shows up at a mansion for a dinner party in their honor. Then, people start getting murdered. I liked the episode, but it was going for suspense as much as it was going for funny. It really tried to hit on a lot of the stupid mystery cliches while still tossing in the penis jokes. If you like Family Guy, you like a penis/fart joke. I would give it a solid B. Good pacing, good story, but it was trying to do a lot of things at once without hitting all the funny highlights.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 27, 2010, 06:53:59 PM

Fun, but just like the second Star Wars parody, they almost played this TOO straight.  The camera angles and things like that were very clever, as was the opening- in a subtle homage sort of way.

And I guess since the episode was "canon" they couldn't .

There was one unresolved mystery-

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #62 on: September 28, 2010, 01:37:59 PM

I think they did play a lot of it pretty straight as well, but there were some very good moments. The balcony scene tongue-in-cheek dialogue from the killer POV shot was awesome, as well as the huddling, the reasons they all hated the host, and Consuela as the butler/maid. It was very creative in their adaptation even though they stayed on the rails without any of the usual cutaways.

WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: September 28, 2010, 01:39:16 PM

The hot new blonde, obv.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 29, 2010, 05:55:32 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #65 on: September 29, 2010, 06:38:57 AM

The hot new blonde, obv.

I guess, but will it be edgy and/or funny? I guess Tom can make fun of her for being a brainless idiot, but we'll see.

WayAbvPar

Reply #66 on: September 29, 2010, 09:57:56 AM

I was mostly joking...I bet Diane is back and we just ignore this ep.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #67 on: September 29, 2010, 11:18:28 AM

I was mostly joking...I bet Diane is back and we just ignore this ep.

It would be like them to just completely ignore it, true.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #68 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:31 PM

I'd have a quick reference to her wearing a Martha Stewart ankle bracelet thing and then continue as if nothing happened.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 08:20:25 AM

I'd have a quick reference to her wearing a Martha Stewart ankle bracelet thing and then continue as if nothing happened.

Yeah that would probably work. They shot Lois like 40 times in dumped her in the Ocean, and she still lived in that "simulation."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Family Guy  
Jump to: