Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Big Update 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Update  (Read 29592 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 02:22:43 PM

8) A feature has been added to User Settings which allows players to auto loot corpses by default.

Number 8 is full of stars.  Thank you Mythic. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 02:52:09 PM

Equally, though, this is why they've GOT to stamp on warping. There are situations where a well-coordinated group of tanks should be able to form a three or four-wide front line, hit "Hold the Line" and charge an enemy group with high effectiveness. If people can just warp right past them and then go on to rape all the squishies behind, then tanking in RvR is just going to be a pile of stupid all the time, every time. (Now, mind you, I have seen almost no tanks actually *use* Hold the Line, but it has potential in some maps, as long as there is effective collision detection.)

Yes -- a big fat sausage-festy yes. Seriously.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 07:41:18 PM

Am I missing something on my WH though? Only lvl 16 but I only have the one positional and have the 10 second buff that takes the positional part out of it so really don't ever feel the need to run in circles. Also on anything but tanks seems the main attack skill you get at level 1 does just as much dmg for the most part. Although is it me or do you do more dmg in general just by being behind someone?
White Lions have several positional strikes.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 06:54:22 AM

There is also Flanking, the passive tactic that increases damage by ~15% from the sides or rear.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 07:01:41 AM

From http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/108833449/p1/?26

Quote from: Mark Jacobs
Folks,

Later tonight we'll be posting the patch notes for tomorrow's version. And being the impatient person that I am, I thought I'd take a wee bit of the goodness and good news from the notes and post them here. Again, this is *not* a preview of the entire patch notes but just some of the cool bits. Snarkiness/explanation from yours truly in BOLD.

1) Players no longer need to scroll down through the EUALA when logging into the game. The window now defaults to the bottom, and players need only check the Agreement box and click accept. And much rejoicing was heard throughout the streets. It's still there and you still have to accept it but we are no longer going to require the scrolling bit for now.

2) The war against the gold sellers continues! We have made improvements to the Appeal system to allow players to report spam messages from gold sellers more quickly. This is only another way we are trying to fight these guys and make it as easy on you folks as possible. We're not there yet but we'll get there.

3) TAB-targeting should now more consistently select the nearest enemy in the player's field of view. I know, some of you have heard this before but this version is better than the last version.

4) The /ignore command will now work more consistently. While /ignore worked well most of the time and for most people it was a bit quirky. Hopefully it isn't quirky anymore.

5) We have made several improvements to the chat window, and it should now be more intuitive to use and set up.

6) Player pets have learned to behave themselves. Yes, they have been sent back to obedience school more than once but hey, these things have a mind of their own at times. Bad Simba, bad lion.

7) The delay between sending multiple mails has been reduced from 20 seconds to 5 seconds. This is another one of those "first step" things.

8) A feature has been added to User Settings which allows players to auto loot corpses by default.

9) Corrected an issue that was preventing players from adding new friends to their friend list even while the number of existing friends was below the list's size limit. All together now, let's say bug!

Lots more in the tonight's patch notes but please keep in mind that this version is heavily focused on bug fixes and needed improvements but not on the kind of "OMG look at what they added!" stuff. That will come later but for now, our focus is on fixing stuff and not adding lots of new stuff that could break the game.

Enjoy!

Mark

TY, that hits a lot of things that have bugged me.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 08:34:29 AM

By the time I get around to starting up in the game, next March, the game will be in a fine state.

Of course, there'll be no other players starting out....

awesome, for real

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 08:36:37 AM

Seriously do not even buy this game if you don't have people to play with, it's simply NOT fun to solo in WAR.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:17 AM

Seriously do not even buy this game if you don't have people to play with, it's simply NOT fun to solo in WAR.

This.  I'm playing with 3 old friends at the moment.  When they aren't on, I have no desire to play.  Of course, playing a healer solo is like pulling teeth. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 09:21:21 AM

I have fun when playing solo. I don't mind PUG scenarios, PQ's are fine solo (just use the open group feature to find ones with people at them), most quests can be done solo. To me it's still fun. Granted when with friends or guiild groups to me it is a lot more fun. But when solo the game is more fun then WoW to me.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 09:29:46 AM

That is what Bat Country is for.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 09:32:59 AM

I played in bat country for a week.  I grouped with exactly ZERO people I knew from Bat Country.  I couldn't keep up with you youngsters and all your crazy free time. 

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 09:35:10 AM

Why do you need to play with people you KNOW from Bat Country? There's like 90 real people in it, maybe even 100 now. Afaik, all day every day people are running t1-3 scenarios or PQs.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:27 AM

Why do you need to play with people you KNOW from Bat Country? There's like 90 real people in it, maybe even 100 now. Afaik, all day every day people are running t1-3 scenarios or PQs.

Schild, you know better than to ask this question.  Especially of someone with limited gaming time.  You already know the answer. 

If you've forgotten, MMO's are about the people first, the game second.  If it were about the game, I'd be a console junkie like you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:39:27 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 10:19:23 AM

Man, I'm the most antisocial MMO player EVER.

I've been gaming with Ingmar/Sjofn Fordel and Nevermore for years, they can tell you that getting me into a group is a miracle.

I just like the gameplay as a way to waste free time.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 04:10:13 PM

I used to think I was the most antisocial.

I'm digging open groups and public quests.  I'm actually joing PUGs for the first time, having fun (!!!), and meeting some cool people.  I'm even getting into PvP, which is something I have long avoided.  They have done some good things with these.

It's strange.  I'm wondering what type of pod person has possessed me.  (I should note the amount of grouping I am doing is probably low by most people's standards.  It's incredibly high for me though.)

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 04:27:44 PM

I'm digging open groups and public quests.  I'm actually joing PUGs for the first time, having fun (!!!), and meeting some cool people.  I'm even getting into PvP, which is something I have long avoided.  They have done some good things with these.

It's strange.  I'm wondering what type of pod person has possessed me.  (I should note the amount of grouping I am doing is probably low by most people's standards.  It's incredibly high for me though.)

Are you sure it isn't a brainslug?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 05:16:42 PM

That's pretty close to my experience, why I have even spoken in vent. 
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 06:49:34 PM

No-one comes to high elf land for the T1 or for PQs during the off-peak hours I play. I'm slowly getting to the point where I can get out of there, but I am trying to see the world for what its worth.

My next character, should I make it that far, will be all about the power leveling.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 08:55:14 PM

I've been gaming with Ingmar/Sjofn Fordel and Nevermore for years, they can tell you that getting me into a group is a miracle.

I just like the gameplay as a way to waste free time.

Getting you to say good night is a miracle.

I also enjoy that I am Ingmar/Sjofn instead of my own name! :P

EDIT: And like I've said before, something about Mythic games makes me all RAAR PVP RAAAAAAAR when I'm normally a cuddly little carebear. I do not know why.

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 10:19:09 PM

Are you sure it isn't a brainslug?
It might be.  I'll keep an eye out for space cops just in case.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:16 PM

Remember, they hate salt!

... Or was that the slug Bender cooked that one episode? Been a while since I've seen it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 03, 2008, 08:45:55 AM

EDIT: And like I've said before, something about Mythic games makes me all RAAR PVP RAAAAAAAR when I'm normally a cuddly little carebear. I do not know why.

Because they are designed for it from day 1, and not an after thought to the point of futility if your not uber-70+-arena-boy-one-shot-er.

I'm the same way. sorta.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 03, 2008, 09:41:47 AM

No offense, but I've played games with Bat Country. You guys catass for a month or two then get bored and quit en masse. This is why I'm on another server with some friends and hoping to kill Lantyssa someday. (Though it's more likely she'll be coming here to talk about curb stomping me, I have a bad habit of overextending myself.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 03, 2008, 03:24:20 PM

It's because WAR, just like DaoC, is Inclusive, instead of exclusive. In WoW, you compete against your peers essentially. In WAR, it's a 'US vs. THEM' mentality. Everyone is in the same boat. Share a common goal that is in no way hindered by cooperation and it is in no way benefited by the usual 'pve competition'.

Pretty soon you'll be attached to your side and start preaching about realm pride   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #59 on: October 03, 2008, 03:37:26 PM

No offense, but I've played games with Bat Country. You guys catass for a month or two then get bored and quit en masse.

That's simply not true. Usually by this late in a game's life (a couple of weeks) the rot has already set in. There's still growth in Bat Country on WAR, and no sign of any of the more catassterous players growing bored or fed up. It'll happen, but this is the first f13 MMO guild with enough legs to leave behind a sizable enough group once the cuckoos spot a new shiny. Plus the allied guilds might well take on former Batasses should we ultimately fail.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 03:46:04 PM

No offense, but I've played games with Bat Country. You guys catass for a month or two then get bored and quit en masse.

That's simply not true. Usually by this late in a game's life (a couple of weeks) the rot has already set in. There's still growth in Bat Country on WAR, and no sign of any of the more catassterous players growing bored or fed up. It'll happen, but this is the first f13 MMO guild with enough legs to leave behind a sizable enough group once the cuckoos spot a new shiny. Plus the allied guilds might well take on former Batasses should we ultimately fail.

Its probably worth keeping the tag around even if there is mass failure simply for the advantages having a high guild level gives.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 03:49:00 PM

I hate to break it to you, but the rot has already set in.  You might not be aware of it yet, but it won't be hard to miss pretty soon.

And, of course, in November, you've got an automatic death sentence for this game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 03:50:45 PM

I'm hoping wrath lowers the destro pop of mouthbreathers. Wouldn't mind seeing a few select order guilds go also. Oh, and what rot?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 03, 2008, 04:00:10 PM

Shhh, it takes schild at least a month or two for the I am legend factor to set in with online games.  Really I don't even know how he does it, it's kind of cute in a way.

Also the wow 3.0 patch that introduces all the class changes/new talents/fluff comes on oct 14th, exactly one month after the WAR opening day which is hardly a coincidence. You can expect attrition to start then and continue on.

Also if you think wow players are the majority of dest...ell oh ell?  That's simply projecting your dislike of one game onto another in hopes that somehow it will ease your troubles of underpopulation, it's most likely untrue and yes, I am here to crush dreams.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: October 03, 2008, 04:01:07 PM

I don't spoil it in the beta.
I don't look ahead at much anything short of like 1-2 levels of skills or a tree.
I try to ignore the shitty as much as I can.
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 03, 2008, 04:41:37 PM

Ahh, good point about 3.0 on Oct 14th.  There's going to be a large falloff of players who bought a WAR box and do not sub to the game.  It doesn't take long for the smell of shit to permeate the game (and I didn't touch beta - I'll start doing betas when they start fucking paying for it; I already give out my criticism for free). 

The PvE is a crude simulacrum of WoW's *vastly* superior PvE (and if I hated it in WoW, guess what my sentiment is here).  Quests are a fucking insult; instances are a punishment.  Fucking Gunbad?  Nothing new, innovative, or even worthwhile in a character advancement sense.  The gear is horribly itemized; the xp was dogshit; no renown gains, obviously - what's the fucking point?

I acknowledge that I'm on an extreme end of the spectrum, but I fucking refuse to grind shit for xp, and I fucking refuse to do quests that give <1% of a level.  Scenarios are more fun, and give more xp/renown per unit of time than any other activity in the game, unless I missed some great grind spot or quest circuit in late T3 that gives ~180k xp per hour.

And, hey, this shit wouldn't be a problem if Mythic didn't decide, right before release, to skull-fuck the rate at which one levels.

Instead, there'd just be the laughable class balance, the horrible itemization, and whatever problems might crop up in endgame, which I may never see, given that I'm stuck at 32 with no scenarios popping (and the clock is ticking).

This stuff isn't exactly a secret.

edit: oops, don't forget the window-dragging exploit that Mythic has had more time to fix than they spent developing this game.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:43:26 PM by Seanzor »
schild
Administrator

Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 05:41:18 PM

Also if you think wow players are the majority of dest...ell oh ell?  That's simply projecting your dislike of one game onto another in hopes that somehow it will ease your troubles of underpopulation, it's most likely untrue and yes, I am here to crush dreams.

What the fuck are you talking about? The word "hoping" was in there. I have no clue where teh WoW fanbois are in the game. I don't keep track of that.
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 05:41:50 PM

What's wrong with the itemization? Again, just came off AoC.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 05:45:24 PM

And, of course, in November, you've got an automatic death sentence for this game.

I think the real death sentence is actually playing WoW.    awesome, for real
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 05:58:10 PM

What's wrong with the itemization? Again, just came off AoC.
It's most obvious when looking at any set item.  As an archmage, sorry, I don't need 8 different stats on my gear, one of which is fucking weapon skill.  I need int/wounds or will/wounds.  Maybe toughness down the road as a cutesy 'special' build.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Big Update  
Jump to: