Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Knockback! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knockback!  (Read 12151 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

on: September 25, 2008, 02:36:38 PM

As a swordmaster with the lvl 16 Wrath of Hoeth ability, I'm having lots and lots of fun...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Invariably, healers tend to go to the ledge in the Troll Crossing scenario.  So I like to get WoH ready and run up and hit it.  It's so much fun watching them fly right off the edge, I can't tell you how much.  I even managed to get two off the edge with one blow last night. 

Best part:  if they're less than 1/2 health, they die from the fall.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'll get pics next time. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:37:55 PM

You don't take damage from the fall unless you touch ground and keep falling.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 02:43:02 PM

what?  I'm positive they were dying... I had them targeted and they took massive hits. 

So you mean if you fall down something and immediately stop, you don't take damage?  I've never once had that happen.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 02:43:30 PM

You don't take damage from the fall unless you touch ground and keep falling.

Lame.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 03:09:31 PM

The dwarf knockback seems much farther than my Black Orc knockback I got at 18. I'm going to cry foul here.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:34:32 PM

It's cause the dwarf gets a better angle on them! He is hitting them from below and launching them into the air, while your orc is hitting them from higher up and slamming them into the ground prematurely.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Mcmacster
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 04:45:00 PM

Black Orcs should have a follow up ability called Batta Up! Use the knockback to knock them in the air then follow up with Batta Up! and cream them.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 09:47:40 PM

Knockback abusers on my side really piss me off. I finally get to a point where I wtfpwning someone, and then some other random player comes running up and uses their knockback to hit the Order player I have SNARED, sailing into their own ranks thus saving their ass by letting them get away.

Grrr.

Also, never taken damage from being knocked off the mountain in Trolling Crossing, but it's still damn fun to do to people.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 10:47:48 PM

Yeah, on my IB I use knockback to cc people [for 30+ seconds if they get knocked off the hill in stonetroll crossing f'rex], separate tanks from healers, punt the flag carrier into the order zerg, etc.

Found this vid on the forums: lava golfing

-- Z.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:36 PM

Schild is 100% correct on his post above.  I spent a bit testing it tonight. 

If I walk off a cliff edge, I take damage.  If I'm knocked off, no damage. 

Interesting... 

Oh, and being knocked off the edge is nowhere near as fun as doing it to them.   Ohhhhh, I see.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 11:22:26 PM

You will enjoy Tor Anloc more, knock into flat ground = no damage. Drop into Lava = Goodbye.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 11:52:44 PM

I'm not sure where someone said this game had little CC cause i spend half my pvp life knocked away, snared or rooted or encased in flames.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 12:15:06 AM

Everyone has AOE roots, snares, and/or knockbacks.  My SH has a knockback (Morale 1, very easy to get), a 40% 10 sec. snare, and an AOE root.  Most other classes have that or more. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 05:38:48 AM

I'm not sure where someone said this game had little CC cause i spend half my pvp life knocked away, snared or rooted or encased in flames.

The worst is the fucking DOK... ranged snare with no cooldown it seems (10s cooldown, 6s snare).  I think they get a group buff that allows all their members to snare, too. 

It seems a little imbalanced.  If there's a DOK involved in a flag carry it's nigh impossible to get to the flag without dealing with them first.  Of course they take a bit of time to drop because of their healing abilites. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:43 AM

DOK's are my bet for the first nerfed class.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 10:09:10 AM

People knocking back a half dead witch elf out of the melee cluster killing them is What The Shit Pants On Head Retarded.

Even worse when it's the guy with the murderball, you just SAVED him you JACKASS.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 10:17:29 AM

Playing a BW, I love pairing up with a SW who has knock back. Tanks run up to us but never make it...

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 12:48:30 PM

As a WL, I have no knockback. I have a 40% snare, but only on the pet. Which generally if I get knocked back, despawns due to range.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 01:06:01 PM

That's the thing, instead of giving select classes serious CC they gave EVERY class some sort of minor CC, I feel like I'm playing in mud when I pvp most of the time and it's pretty annoying when you're a melee class(chosen)

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 01:07:06 PM

I always loved this in the nordewatch scenario I am not sure if when my squig herder punts people over the cliff if it kills them or not but frankly if they are lucky they died. If not they have a LONG LONG LONG LONG run back.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 01:16:13 PM

That's the thing, instead of giving select classes serious CC they gave EVERY class some sort of minor CC, I feel like I'm playing in mud when I pvp most of the time and it's pretty annoying when you're a melee class(chosen)

By design, The Chosen run like moviing through mud. I don't mind much though. I have decent defensive gear and can cause a lot of mayhem by twisting auras and keeping their attacks focused on me instead of healers....at least until they learn to ignore me and go for the healer...

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 01:42:07 PM

Most classes can get out of non-melee CC (melee snares/roots are flat out better than caster ones, I can clean the caster stuff off you)

Sorcs HATE WPs, entirely because they can purify out of the root immediately.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 01:45:43 PM

Sobelius, it's nice to see you again, but kill the giant sig plz.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 12:16:41 AM

I have no CC yet :(

In fact I think the only thing I may have access to at all is a snare on my DoT via a specced tactic.

EDIT: Ah looks like there's a specced stun too, and a knockback at like level 25. WTB now.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:19:10 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 03:22:36 PM

I could seriously knock people back ALL DAY on my ironbreaker. I don't know why I think it's so funny, but I totally do. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 11:08:15 AM

The knockback thing is very fun particularly because it's so positional. If I'm defending a tier2 keep, I really try to position myself for my knockback so I can send someone flying down the hill. (This is outside the front door). I don't think you can knock someone off the balcony of a keep to the ground, though maybe I just haven't gotten the perfect position yet.

Also this my absolute favorite way to kill another player--triggering a knockback just as they're at almost zero health, watching them die in the air. Really fun.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 06:49:55 AM

Knockback on Tor Annoc is the dumbest shit ever.

That is all.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 07:11:12 AM

You don't have any knockback ability do you? awesome, for real
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:15 AM

whitelol  awesome, for real

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 07:14:37 AM

You don't have any knockback ability do you? awesome, for real

We get one at 25...  Then I hear Tor Arnoc is the sex.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 07:46:14 AM

I get one at fucking 40. Tor Anroc is shit.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 07:50:07 AM

aahahah. aww hell. this game's too weird. I am burned out by the PVE by tier 4 guys. Seriously. T1-T2 is where the game really shine and T3 is a nosedive to blandness. I think I'll just re-spec AOE Swordmaster and grind to 40. You guys can PM Intolerance if you need a tank for your PQ hero boss. I'll definitely come and help cause I wanted to see more of the game as well.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 01:19:49 PM

aahahah. aww hell. this game's too weird. I am burned out by the PVE by tier 4 guys. Seriously. T1-T2 is where the game really shine and T3 is a nosedive to blandness. I think I'll just re-spec AOE Swordmaster and grind to 40. You guys can PM Intolerance if you need a tank for your PQ hero boss. I'll definitely come and help cause I wanted to see more of the game as well.

Do you think it will still be as bland when more of the pop hits tiers 3 and 4? Most of the pop still seems to be in tier 1 and 2.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 01:32:24 PM

Tier 4? You mean the Tier 4 that like 90% of the playerbase hasn't reach yet?

Tier 1 and 2 is where the game shines right now because that's where most of the players are. Slow down and smell the roses or something, because racing to the endgame just isn't worth doing yet.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:38 PM

Tier 4? You mean the Tier 4 that like 90% of the playerbase hasn't reach yet?

Tier 1 and 2 is where the game shines right now because that's where most of the players are. Slow down and smell the roses or something, because racing to the endgame just isn't worth doing yet.

Wait, are we talking about AoC or WAR?  I'm getting confused.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Knockback!  
Jump to: