Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: I Am So Weak 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Am So Weak  (Read 8434 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: September 23, 2008, 08:04:50 AM

Yep, that's right. After saying I wouldn't, I did. Pick up Warhammer Online that is. As the days between me and the open beta dragged on, I kept getting the urge to play. So when the wife offered to buy it for me, I finally gave up and said yes. 4 days I lasted. I feel so unclean.

But that does mean I'll be joining you guys on Ulthuan as Cromwell, the Witch Hunter. Played last night, got to level 5 and did a few scenarios. I enjoyed it more than the open beta.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:20:51 AM

ROFL
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:27:14 AM

I bathe in the harsh, frozen light of your scorn.  why so serious?

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:33 AM

Welcome aboard!  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  Try to get into an F13 group run as soon as possible, it is great fun.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:04:53 AM

I picked it up too over the weekend. Sadly, im playing destruction with friends...so, no order for me right now.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 11:09:42 AM

I almost named my witch hunter Cromwell, but then I decided I needed to stay in the whole Empire Germanic theme thing name-wise. (Yes I'm a dork.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 11:41:14 AM

I named my witch hunter Ximinez. I was surprised to find it available.

Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 02:21:30 PM

Unfortunately, I have wonky hands at the moment and won't be fit to play a game like this after my thumb/elbow surgery which won't take place until ten days from now, then it has to recover.  Who knows how long that'll take!!  By that time, most of Bat Country will probably have moved on to other games or guilds.  Oh well.  If that's the case, there are people from my old Shadowbane guild playing another server if I want to play order and people from my old UO guild if I want to play destruction.  Too bad that one isn't on your sever because I would love to kill all my friends here!  I suppose I could join Kill Cult.  Of course, they're only playing until Darkfall comes along.   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 04:06:55 PM

Darkfail?  People wanna play that?   why so serious?
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 03:35:13 AM

Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
Although maybe Ximenez is taken. DRILLING AND MANLINESS /snarky

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 06:38:43 AM

The Monty Python transcript book we have spells it with an "i".  Of course, probably not a hugely popular name in Britain.  Maybe more so in Ireland.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 09:27:37 AM

Although maybe Ximenez is taken. DRILLING AND MANLINESS /snarky

Like I said, I'll come in again. It is now. I wonder if e-acute is an option in names?

The Monty Python transcript book we have spells it with an "i".  Of course, probably not a hugely popular name in Britain.  Maybe more so in Ireland.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And now I'm wondering if the Ximinez spelling is originally Palin's or the editors'.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 03:43:53 PM

When I adopted my new cat it was named Cromwell (fuck that, I renamed him Charlie).

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 05:26:52 PM

I played an hour or so at a friends house.

It's definitely decent fun.  I can see why you gave in Haem.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 12:19:45 AM

I wasn't going to buy this.

Then a friend who was completely iMac went and bought a PC to game on and it turns out a few people I know are playing WAR and I had a game I had to return to EB and there was nothing else I wanted...

So yeah. WAR.

I'll probably end up on the Oceanic server due to regional requirements.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 06:37:28 AM

I wasn't going to buy this.

Then a friend who was completely iMac went and bought a PC to game on and it turns out a few people I know are playing WAR and I had a game I had to return to EB and there was nothing else I wanted...

So yeah. WAR.

I'll probably end up on the Oceanic server due to regional requirements.

I have a U.S. copy and play from Japan just fine (e.g., can pvp very well).  So I think you'd be fine with a U.S. copy.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 09:57:51 AM

I can log into both US and Oceanic servers. Nice.

SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 12:31:32 PM

I can't believe how weak he was.

Of course it didn't help that I kept needling him about how much fun it was and how I was suddenly a fan girl.

Muahaha I.am.ebil!

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 09:06:06 AM

I am tempted more and more.

But I doubt I can run this. Opening dxdiag makes me cry.

Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series
Display Memory: 256.0 MB

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 09:11:47 AM

Your CPU seems to be the only limiting factor. But, my girl uses a laptop, with 2, 1.6 processors (I don't think war can use more than one anyway), and a Radion video card (x1400?) that shared the 2 gigs of system memory. On low, its completely playable for her, YMMV.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 09:15:31 AM

Your CPU seems to be the only limiting factor. But, my girl uses a laptop, with 2, 1.6 processors (I don't think war can use more than one anyway), and a Radion video card (x1400?) that shared the 2 gigs of system memory. On low, its completely playable for her, YMMV.
Hm. Now, where do I buy an account key for the US-servers without using a credit card or paypal ?

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 09:16:00 AM

WAR keeps all 4 of my cores around 12-15%.

Der Helm, the Sempron is a real piece of shit processor, I really don't know how well it'll run WAR.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 02:21:23 PM

WAR keeps all 4 of my cores around 12-15%.

Der Helm, the Sempron is a real piece of shit processor, I really don't know how well it'll run WAR.
Hm. I have a dual-core laptop that was able to run AoC (at minimum specs) with a low framerate and without melting, that should be good enough, right ?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 03:08:46 PM

I bet that if you can run AoC on it, you can run WAR and WoW and EQ2 and LOTRO and sixteen other games all at the same time while watching a Formula 1 race live.  I could run AoC with tons of fiddling and hair pulling but WAR ran very nicely without me doing much of anything.  I have a good graphics card but everything else is really very extremely terribly shite.

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 03:26:48 PM

Hm. Now, where do I buy an account key for the US-servers without using a credit card or paypal ?

I take it you are overseas?

uhmm by check if they will ship to you? Money order?  Have a friend from a guild ship you a US copy and you send them a check?

Not to be rude, and pry.. but i will, but what is wrong with paying by CC or paypal?

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 03:43:49 PM

Not to be rude, and pry.. but i will, but what is wrong with paying by CC or paypal?
I don't have a CC at the moment, but might get one of those prepaid ones in a few days, so that is sorted out.

Paypal is regarded as not secure from my bank. No idea why, there were some reports of account-hacking a few months ago.

Can someone link me to a place where I can get the activation code for the account sent to me via email ? I do not need a box/cd.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: I Am So Weak  
Jump to: