Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Heya <Bat Country> 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heya <Bat Country>  (Read 10969 times)
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 02:41:23 PM

It's not a question of "fun", "mean", "exploiting", etc. The game and the classes are amazingly balanced. You guys just had a rude awakening of what some of the teams and classes out there are capable in the hands of people who set it up for use at full potential. Unless you can show me a fraps or a screenshot of something blatantly impossible everything you've posted here and elsewhere so far pretty much directs 100% to you not knowing much about WAR yet.

Okay. Sorry mate, but you are a moron.

That much burst, even if it takes excellent co-ordination to pull off, should not exist. By your logic, you can have a class that has 1hp, does 1-2 damage per hit but has a 100k damage aoe nuke once every hour and that's balanced.

This isn't a knowing x about the game yet. This is about creating an actually fun and appropriate gameplay experience. People will always defend their overpoweredness with the claims that it's all skill baby. Why the hell would you play any other class other than tank, healer, sorc/bw? If the ideal team is 5 of the first, 5 of the second and the rest of the third, you have an issue. If the other classes underperform, then they become unpopular, players never see the class their class is meant to counter, the game is deemed unfun and the company loses money.

It really doesn't matter how hard it is to pull off, a well played aoe caster team will eventually catch a bunch of people in a cone and waste them, because the game has you fight in small spaces and attack (typically) static objectives. Hell, even if they don't get it off, they prevent you from forming an effective group, forcing you to split up while the other team gets to run around smashing you with their superior grouped numbers. Oh and casters do great single target damage also. If the game comes down to which side has the most aoe casters, the game design is bad.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 02:46:25 PM

No classes should be one-shotting at any point in the game.  Seriously.  Build-ups or not.  It shouldn't be happening. 

If I wanted to play like that I'd play WoW's pvp... or let you all punch me in the dick, which happens to be infinitely more enjoyable. 
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 12:29:20 PM

I don't think that schild's screen shot helps his case in any respect. Its possible to do absurd damage numbers if you are given the opportunity to do so. My ironbreaker did silly numbers in one scenario because I was using armor debuffs, switching targets and cycling my physical damage DoTs over multiple people who stayed too close. I rarely get an opportunity to do that however. But it certainly made a single scorecard case that Ironbreakers should be scaled back (and they probably should, though not by the degree that one score card suggested). I can understand casters getting defensive about big numbers on score cards. Things don't always work in their favor.

The point that schild was making is that he was getting hit with >3K damage from a single caster near instantly and that it was being repeated at will. If that was happening (and several other people say that it was) then there is something broken somewhere. You can be as defensive as you like about your chosen class, but having one (or even two) people able to instantly demolish even a poor pick-up team isn't useful for the longevity of a PvP game.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Heya <Bat Country>  
Jump to: