Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Good first world RvR warband run. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good first world RvR warband run.  (Read 5160 times)
Kirth
Terracotta Army

on: September 17, 2008, 08:05:46 PM

Was a good attempt, got some renown from some BO's and learned some lesions. Thanks to all who showed up.  why so serious?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:07:18 AM

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:25:48 AM

OMG.. I'm that BW way in the back! 
XMackenzie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:26:39 AM

The oddest thing about the warband run was the DAOC memories it brought back - specifically the expansiveness of the RvR zone.  After being dropped into tightly constraints WoW Battlegrounds and the initial WAR Scenarios it was weird to be playing submarine warfare trying to avoid the enemy and sneak down to their keep, all the while trying to figure out where the enemy was from vague rumors and objective capture spam.

attention span of a gnat
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:41:41 AM

The oddest thing about the warband run was the DAOC memories it brought back - specifically the expansiveness of the RvR zone.  After being dropped into tightly constraints WoW Battlegrounds and the initial WAR Scenarios it was weird to be playing submarine warfare trying to avoid the enemy and sneak down to their keep, all the while trying to figure out where the enemy was from vague rumors and objective capture spam.

Heart

I missed that.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:42:48 AM

Damnit, I need to quit my job and catch up to you guys.   

You have a shortage of anything last night?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 11:38:54 AM

Priests and tanks. As fucking always undecided
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 11:52:48 AM

Priests and tanks. As fucking always undecided

Why the hostility?   I've seen different class breakdowns on each server and in every scenario I've been in. 

Fuck it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:58:31 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Hostility? That wasn't hostile. It was more commentary on that Mythic buffed keep lords so much that it's goddamn necessary. In fact, given current status, I'm even about ready to roll a Swordmaster (I make a terrible priest). Also, I wasn't talking about scenarios, just the warband run. The keep lord pwned us hard. 4 tethered Champions didn't help.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 12:26:03 PM

Well, I spent too much time lvlin the Zealot in hopes of that taking off.  I'll put it on hold and roll my swordmaster up on Bat Country.  He's 9 now. 

That said, in rvr is it mattering much whether the SM goes two-hander or sword/board?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 12:40:07 PM

Well, I spent too much time lvlin the Zealot in hopes of that taking off.  I'll put it on hold and roll my swordmaster up on Bat Country.  He's 9 now. 

That said, in rvr is it mattering much whether the SM goes two-hander or sword/board?

I really don't see a reason for a tank to go anything other than S+B - the fact that your chance to block is for EVERY attack, including spells, is too good of a reason to use it. That, and the DPS disparity between the 1h and 2h weapons is minor.

There's maybe 1 or 2 abilities per tank class that require a great weapon, but they aren't that phenomenal. You can go up the damage tree, and still be using S+B.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 12:53:09 PM

Hostility? That wasn't hostile. It was more commentary on that Mythic buffed keep lords so much that it's goddamn necessary. In fact, given current status, I'm even about ready to roll a Swordmaster (I make a terrible priest). Also, I wasn't talking about scenarios, just the warband run. The keep lord pwned us hard. 4 tethered Champions didn't help.

My bad.  I'm trying to give up caffeine while simultaneously existing on 1500 cal a day.  I hate the cut phase of my fitness program.  I'm too old for this shit.

-  Mark Twain
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 01:04:26 PM

1500 calories a day? Holy fuck.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 01:05:08 PM

OMG WAIT UP

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 01:08:01 PM

I lived on 950 calories a day for 12 weeks. I was a lot fucking angrier than Nebu. His response seemed nice compared to me. I was "snippy."
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 01:26:40 PM

I really don't see a reason for a tank to go anything other than S+B - the fact that your chance to block is for EVERY attack, including spells, is too good of a reason to use it. That, and the DPS disparity between the 1h and 2h weapons is minor.

There's maybe 1 or 2 abilities per tank class that require a great weapon, but they aren't that phenomenal. You can go up the damage tree, and still be using S+B.

Swordsmaster is kind of a mixed bag in terms of defense imo. The Chosen in comparison is much much more solid all round tank with the aura you can actually just sit tight and DO something useful. you're debuffing and buffing your party at once. And put on aura that does spirit dmg per tick, oh dear they don't even have to swing a sword to piss people off. -80 toughness is huge. I like my Swordmaster so far, but kinda studying it further before going pure tank path. I tried tanking without aoe taunt it's really too much little crap for PQ bosses, Webworks owned me lol

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:53 PM

wtb skald speed

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 02:26:17 PM

-  Mark Twain
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 02:59:43 PM

no shit, you would exceed 1500 if you had one chipotle burrito

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Good first world RvR warband run.  
Jump to: