Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:40:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: New Booster Packs: Cyborg and Jet Pack 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Booster Packs: Cyborg and Jet Pack  (Read 5765 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

on: September 17, 2008, 10:57:41 AM

Announcement Here

The cyborg sounds cool. It includes a plethora of costume parts, custom emotes, and custom auras. Pretty nice. 10 bucks.

The jet pack is weak sauce. A jet pack that will disappear after 30 days. The article doesn't say, but I assume it's 30 days in RL. 5 bucks per 30 days.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:24:50 PM

The jet pack is weak sauce. A jet pack that will disappear after 30 days. The article doesn't say, but I assume it's 30 days in RL. 5 bucks per 30 days.

The jetpack was part of a CoH/V gametime card that was $20 for a month and a jetpack.

People were buying and using tons of cards, presumably because they thought the jetpack was worth $5 a month.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:58:46 PM

That makes sense. They must have figured that out, which is why they've broken off the jetpack into its own little microtrans.

For myself, by the time I've done 3 paper/scanner missions, my new toon is level 7 or so, and at that point I've got a jetpack that will last for 2 hrs in game. Which is more than long enough to get my character big enough to get a real travel power. In fact, having the jet pack (and the jump pack) enable me to go past level 14, if I want, before picking up the real travel power. So there's zero value for me in the microtrans jetpack.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:56:51 PM

Cyborg costume details:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11973273

Not what I was expecting. Not sure if I actually like it.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:03:50 PM

Probably get these just for Lord Monochrome. He's doing a cyborg/robot thing.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 09:28:05 PM

Bought the Cyborg Booster. The costume pieces are very nice, the combat aura HUD is awesome and the self-destruct power looks good but is underpowered (probably intentionally). Haven't tried out the emotes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: New Booster Packs: Cyborg and Jet Pack  
Jump to: