Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2017, 11:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 251213 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3675 on: June 07, 2017, 09:35:41 AM

My sister got me the standard upgrade for a pressie.  I'm assuming that's the $30 one that Rishathra is talking about.  I'm only level 7 because I can't make up my mind whether to play a dw and bow stam warden or a 2h and bow stam warden.  :(  I almost never play magic anything in this game but I wonder about that, too.  I also wish I could take that ridiculous armour off my poor doggie.  It's not as if he needs it.  I sub because I like the endless space in the crafting bag. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3676 on: June 07, 2017, 03:44:23 PM

My sister got me the standard upgrade for a pressie.  I'm assuming that's the $30 one that Rishathra is talking about.  I'm only level 7 because I can't make up my mind whether to play a dw and bow stam warden or a 2h and bow stam warden.  :(  I almost never play magic anything in this game but I wonder about that, too.  I also wish I could take that ridiculous armour off my poor doggie.  It's not as if he needs it.  I sub because I like the endless space in the crafting bag. 

My warden is almost 40 and I'm using bow/2h.  Damage is pretty decent so far.  I'm more of a stam build player myself and it seems pretty viable for wardens.  Getting the Betty Netch morph for regen helps a lot.

I'll pre order you SWTOR if you let me put my lightsaber in your sarlaac cave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb3cxA4g_U&feature=related
Shame Is a component of the Discount - k3b2h3g46c0a
Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things. - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #3677 on: June 07, 2017, 09:58:05 PM

Do not try to craft without a subscription. You will quit or kill yourself inside a week just fucking with inventory.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3678 on: June 07, 2017, 11:24:30 PM

Thanks, Ginaz, for the netch tip.  I like the 2-handed/bow so far, too, although it could be because the last stint of ESO I used dw/bow and need a change.  Dual wield may be a bit more fun but 2-handed damage is just sick.  In a good way.  I also made a magic warden, 2 destruction staffs, just because I didn't have ANY magic users in my character line up.  It's actually kind of fun... at least for the first six levels.   Ohhhhh, I see. 

As for crafting, the crafting bag has spoiled me so much that I'm not sure I can craft in any other game ever again.   ACK!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3679 on: June 08, 2017, 08:56:08 PM

Do not try to craft without a subscription. You will quit or kill yourself inside a week just fucking with inventory.

I don't really do much crafting myself (one of my guys is at 50 provisioning) but I love the crafting bag.  It lets me loot everything everywhere without having to worry about bag space.  As long as I'm actively playing, I'll probably sub.  Well played Zenimax/Bethesda.  Well played.

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things. - Schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3680 on: June 08, 2017, 09:14:42 PM

Thanks, Ginaz, for the netch tip.  I like the 2-handed/bow so far, too, although it could be because the last stint of ESO I used dw/bow and need a change.  Dual wield may be a bit more fun but 2-handed damage is just sick.  In a good way.  I also made a magic warden, 2 destruction staffs, just because I didn't have ANY magic users in my character line up.  It's actually kind of fun... at least for the first six levels.   Ohhhhh, I see.  

As for crafting, the crafting bag has spoiled me so much that I'm not sure I can craft in any other game ever again.   ACK!

I forgot the mention the morph for the netch you want as a stam warden is called Bull Netch, though it's fairly obvious from the tool tips what each one does.  It restores some of your stam over 23 secs and increases weapon and spell damage by 20% over that time as well.  It's good to try and keep it up at all times. There's also an ability in the healing tree, the first one you get,  that morphs (morph is called Enchanted Growth) into a stam and mag regen buff when cast on other players, and your bear, which is nice for dungeons.  If you're looking for a magic based build use the set up Alcast has in his video.  He's pretty knowledgeable about all things ESO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2KqJPyt7dM

Edit: Here's another way to go with a 2h/bow stam warden build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9qu2MCMEDA&t=20s
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:32:44 PM by Ginaz »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3681 on: June 09, 2017, 10:44:17 AM

Thanks again!  Although I still intend to level a magic warden at some point, I've gone back to my stamina warden and made it to level 12 so far.  This new area really is bigger than I thought it would be.  They even made a new tutorial intro for it.  I'm pretty impressed. 

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3682 on: June 17, 2017, 01:50:27 PM

Picked up the base game for $10 just to waste time until Destiny 2. It's not bad for no-sub. Still running around the newbie island. Any tips for someone that doesn't plan on getting into crafting?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:57:08 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3683 on: June 17, 2017, 08:09:14 PM

The biggest thing I'd recommend is making sure you have a skill from every major class line on your hotbar. This makes sure when you hit 50 you'll be close to max level on the most important skills you need. There's no option you can't course correct through respec, though there's an optimal build depending on what you're doing.

If you're not crafting, just play the quests and level as you like.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3684 on: June 22, 2017, 12:16:20 PM

I have spent my last few sessions running around trying to finish off rare fishing accomplishments. I imagine I will eventually get to 50th level by accident.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  
Jump to: