Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 765758 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3185 on: May 21, 2014, 07:21:51 PM

Anyone make it past the first month?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3186 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:29 PM

I didn't make it past early access.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3187 on: May 21, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

I didn't make it past beta.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3188 on: May 22, 2014, 03:27:31 AM

I didn't make it past my credit card
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3189 on: May 22, 2014, 04:38:59 AM

I didn't make it past.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3190 on: May 22, 2014, 06:07:01 AM

Still playing.  I blame OCD.  Despite all the problems I would still be enjoying myself if they hadn't of made the veteran ranks so tedious by buffing all the mob's health pools.  I'm VR7 now and in the last faction's zones, which for me is Ebonheart.  I did not like the Aldmeri zones, they all looked the same and the quests were nowhere near as good as Daggerfall (I did like Raz though).  Ebonheart zones and quests are pretty great so far however.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3191 on: May 22, 2014, 07:26:00 AM

Still playing off and on as well. Then again, I'm on vacation, so I'm playing a bit of everything.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3192 on: May 22, 2014, 07:35:12 AM

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3193 on: May 22, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

I come to this thread to feel better about myself  awesome, for real

But in all seriousness, lots of respect for folks playing this. I don't get it, but that somebody does means they didn't do everything wrong...
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #3194 on: May 23, 2014, 03:10:33 AM

I'm still subbed, mostly because my wife is playing and going through content incredibly slow (she is level 40).  I unsubbed today though, this patch was an epic clusterfuck.

I'm not sure if you all are familiar with how they do "end game" content in this game, but basically you have "Veteran" ranks that level up very slowly and you go through a buffed up version of the other factions content.  This is kind of an annoying mcguffin, but I can see it as a way to experience other factions without re-rolling I suppose.  The content was relatively challenging for a novice but an experienced player shouldn't have many porblems except if they try to solo group content.

Today's patch:  All the good damage skills were nerfed, all VR (at least post VR3) mobs doubled in hit points and doubled in damage.  It is impossible to solo VR content (technically tou can but you are going to use a lot of consumables and are going to die constantly).  It's a totally unfun punch in the dick for no apparent reason and Zenimax has so far not made a statement on it.  People are going ballistic.  In AvA they also leveled the mobs to VR5 and they have the same problem, keep sieges are now more fighting off super buffed NPCs than players.  Clownshoes.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3195 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:44 AM

Ah the first patch blues.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3196 on: May 23, 2014, 09:16:46 AM

Anyone make it past the first month?

this needs to be a poll, with options ranging from 1 hour to 1 day to 1 beta weekend to early access to 1 week to 1 month to Still Presently Subscribed But Intend To Unsub to Do Not Intend To Unsub yet
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #3197 on: May 23, 2014, 09:57:16 AM

Shamefully, I bought the game but never bothered to play after headstart.

Can anyone beat that?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3198 on: May 23, 2014, 09:57:51 AM

Shamefully, I bought the game but never bothered to play after headstart.

Can anyone beat that?

You are their target market.

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #3199 on: May 23, 2014, 10:08:33 AM

I dunno, you'd think they want a couple months of subscriptions out of their players.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3200 on: May 23, 2014, 11:02:02 AM

I dunno, you'd think they want a couple months of subscriptions out of their players.

Sure but that's gravy. The whole plan here in my mind was to sell as many boxes as fast as they could before the information hit the open market. If they could lock in subs as well with discounts for long term? All the better.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3201 on: May 23, 2014, 11:03:01 AM

This.

"Me am play gods"
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3202 on: May 23, 2014, 11:15:48 AM

I'm still subbed, mostly because my wife is playing and going through content incredibly slow (she is level 40).  I unsubbed today though, this patch was an epic clusterfuck.
Holy shit this is terrible.  I go to see for myself if the veteran rank stuff, which is already tedious due to large mob health pools, did in fact become unplayable due to more mob buffs.  It has!  Combined with a nerf to bash damage I'm completely useless now, unless I want blow ten potions and rezz gems an hour I can't play.  Idiots.  Who the fuck is testing on their test realm if they didn't notice a %100 buff to all the fucking mobs in the VR zones?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3203 on: May 23, 2014, 11:30:28 AM

Even their official forums, which you can't register to post on, which is filled with mostly sycophants, is freaking out about how terrible this patch is.

Sure but that's gravy. The whole plan here in my mind was to sell as many boxes as fast as they could before the information hit the open market. If they could lock in subs as well with discounts for long term? All the better.
I'm all for being critical of their mistakes but as the old saying goes "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".  If they just wanted to bilk people of the box cost they wouldn't of bothered to develop this crappy patch which is all about endgame group content.  They also wouldn't have spent such an incredible amount of money making this game.
Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #3204 on: May 23, 2014, 12:45:25 PM

The whole VR mobs boost thing was another fuck up on their part, so they're going to be fixing that. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/880134/#Comment_880134

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not playable, but it's annoyingly tedious now.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3205 on: May 23, 2014, 01:15:18 PM

'm all for being critical of their mistakes but as the old saying goes "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".  If they just wanted to bilk people of the box cost they wouldn't of bothered to develop this crappy patch which is all about endgame group content.  They also wouldn't have spent such an incredible amount of money making this game.

The patch was already in the pipeline. It was probably supposed to be for release and didn't make it out the door, which is why it's a shitshow now.

As to the second part, that's exactly my point. They spent a ton on this game, and they knew about 2 years ago this wasn't going to meet expectations in the marketplace. Why do you think they've released no news at all? At this point, even if the game was remotely successful, they'd be blaring release numbers, sub numbers, and anything they can do to entice users. They haven't done that at all.

In fact the only thing they have done is moved back the console release, which I don't believe actually even releases now.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3206 on: May 23, 2014, 01:21:13 PM

Oh so you think it could at least be used as an accounting measure to write off the investment for the parent company?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3207 on: May 23, 2014, 01:48:37 PM

The whole VR mobs boost thing was another fuck up on their part, so they're going to be fixing that. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/880134/#Comment_880134

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not playable, but it's annoyingly tedious now.
I wonder if this is true, or just bullshit trotted out in response to the massive negative reaction.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3208 on: May 23, 2014, 01:53:02 PM

Oh so you think it could at least be used as an accounting measure to write off the investment for the parent company?

Basically yes, that's why it was created as a subsidiary in the first place. To insulate the parent from the investment.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3209 on: May 23, 2014, 02:09:40 PM

I'm all for being critical of their mistakes but as the old saying goes "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".  If they just wanted to bilk people of the box cost they wouldn't of bothered to develop this crappy patch which is all about endgame group content.  They also wouldn't have spent such an incredible amount of money making this game.

Thanks. Couldn't remember the exact quote but have wanted to sig for awhile smiley

Accounting trick or not, I think it's highly unlikely they knew how bad this would be two years ago. Because two years ago they could still have done some substantial things to correct the course. Not change the entire premise of course. But at least change acknowledge the onboarding experience, and work through the mismatching expectations between a Skyrim-like experience and a DAoC-one.

So I'm leaning towards they didn't know better either due to some kool aid drinking or just straight up ignorance. Just because this genre has a lot of history doesn't mean the people working in it understand it.
zumu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3210 on: May 23, 2014, 02:11:50 PM

I wonder if this is true, or just bullshit trotted out in response to the massive negative reaction.

Bullshit or not, they are intending on fixing it within the next 24 hours. I'd say that's pretty good.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3211 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3212 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:02 PM

The Amazon 5 star reviews are peppered with people that aren't verified and have one review. Or have several reviews about shitty games that are all 5 stars. Hmmm.

Heh.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3213 on: May 23, 2014, 03:27:14 PM

I don't normally go in for conspiracy theories, but I'm with you.
Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #3214 on: May 23, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

I don't normally go in for conspiracy theories, but I'm with you.

Maybe they were testing the waters. But I don't know, that was a rather large change. A good 50% health increase on veteran rank mobs, and damage increase (not sure how much) seems like that would warrant some documentation. I know people complain about VR content, I'm one of them, but I don't believe it's entirely about mob 'difficulty'.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3215 on: May 23, 2014, 08:02:17 PM

The alternative is they're as incompetent as the MWO devs.  Take your pick, it's not good for the future of the game.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3216 on: May 24, 2014, 01:36:38 AM

Yeah, that's what I was going to say - they're either lying cowards or honest morons. Take your pick!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3217 on: May 24, 2014, 07:48:57 AM

When I played the beta, everything about the game screamed 'well meaning amateurs' to me so I'd lean towards honest morons.

Over and out.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3218 on: May 24, 2014, 12:51:45 PM

Jester made one of his rare non-EVE posts today, mentioning that "many" players have had their quest journals rendered unusable by the patch.

Can anyone actually confirm that?

http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2014/05/this-is-why-we-test.html

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3219 on: May 24, 2014, 01:52:16 PM

The quest journal is usable what he is saying is all the achievements for quests have gone poof, which is correct.  They claim it is a display bug, it might be.  It was a 3GB patch but it is fragile and if it errors out you have to redownload the entire damn client which is the 25GB he was talking about.

I hate achievements anyways, terrible psychological warfare is what they are.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  
Jump to: