Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Live Roll Call 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Roll Call  (Read 22285 times)
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:03 PM

allright the other thread is locked. methsys is a dead toon, just not going forward with it. I got a WP to 10 ish on another server and loved it. So I made a WP on our server tonight 5 ish so far. Hala will give the right people a tell if I think its a keeper but the mix of healer med armor and dps is a killer mix. Now if I could only figure out how to play it...

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 12:38:05 AM

Fed up with healers who can't and DPS who dont. Still playing Tronk as my main but Torac (RP) and Shzam (BW) are my stress outlets.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 06:34:07 AM

So... I've played two different RP's to almost 30 and top the healing chart in almost scenario I've ever played.  I'd be happy to start playing my RP again on Ulthuan, but I sure as hell can't do it solo.  That's why I quit the first two times.  Playing a healer in PUG's where people don't know how to guard and peel was making me stabby. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 01:17:23 PM

What I like is when I am guarding and trying to pull people off the back line, people are screaming that I should be focusing on the enemy healers.  Maybe I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure that leaving my team's healers to die is not an especially good strategy.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #39 on: October 23, 2008, 01:35:06 PM

There is no one answer.  Tanks needs to both go after enemy squishies and defend his own. When to do either is part of the skill of the game.

"Me am play gods"
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 02:38:48 PM

Ignore them, people that can actually kill shit need to go after healers. I really don't give two fucks when a tank hops onto me, except in TA where I know they're just trying to golf me.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 02:46:49 PM

Ignore them, people that can actually kill shit need to go after healers. I really don't give two fucks when a tank hops onto me, except in TA where I know they're just trying to golf me.

I laugh at heavy tanks that think they're dps.  It's a serious case of role confusion... like all the zealots doing dps. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 03:15:11 PM

Not really. Once tanks start to get AP Drains, Silences and Healing Debuffs, they can fuck the back lines up pretty bad. Part of a tanks job is to be the first across the no-mans land when engaging. If you can push through and silence a healer or two that's worth doing.

Buy yeah, I don't think my SM does DPS. She does distraction and confusion.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008, 08:59:43 PM

it's pretty much what an elven swordmaster does, he can't really do jack shit on the backlines. There's hardly any ability that helps in protecting the healer except guard. The rest are kinda crap.  So he needs to be in the front, making sure he has that blade shield enchant to last as long as they could to start breaking lines and silencing casters/healers. They are the tanks with highest spell disrupt rate after all. Ironbreakers put grudge on them and go to town with 2handers.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 23, 2008, 09:36:42 PM

My Swordmaster dishes a decent amount of damage with all my spirit based attacks.  I'll happily go one-on-one against anyone with them.  I'm not at the top of the charts anymore, probably because I'm a 23 in a rank 28 world, but if I force a healer to focus on themselves, or distract three people from doing other things, I'm happy with it.

I've also done well, at least so far, convincing people that ignoring me because "we're not DPS" is a bad idea.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Live Roll Call  
Jump to: