Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flight of the Conchords 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flight of the Conchords  (Read 6224 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: September 09, 2008, 09:21:56 PM

swamp poop  ya :)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:28 PM

I'm not crying,

It's just raining on my face.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:58:05 AM

I always like to tell my fiancee she's the prettiest girl in the whole room. Or whole sofa. Or whole car. Etc. My favorite Conchords tune.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:33 AM

I always like to tell my fiancee she's the prettiest girl in the whole room. Or whole sofa. Or whole car. Etc. My favorite Conchords tune.

You're so beautiful...you could be a waitress.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:23 AM

Or a part time model.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 06:54:55 PM

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:56:18 PM

New season - Sunday, January 18.   Yahoo!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:19:49 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 08:47:28 AM

Finally put this on my Tivo and got 2 episodes. Is the season over? What I saw was just fantastic. The friend chart had me rolling.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 01:40:54 PM

There have been 5 episodes so far this season and only 2 have been all that good when compared to the 1st season.
The first season was great. Unfortunately this season apparently got delayed because Brett and Jermaine were having trouble coming up with songs. The first season used up all of their past material. They have said this will be the last season as it is to hard to come up with new material.

That being said "if that's what you're into" is my favorite song.
oh and heres the 2 of them getting into character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrjUJe2TmY
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:42:33 PM by Stewie »

Professional Forum Lurker.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 03:21:45 PM

I've had Tears of a Rapper stuck in my head for over two weeks.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 04:41:28 PM

I have to agree with Stewie.  I love this show and I'm enjoying this season, but the first season was just wonderful. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:22:56 AM

I think the biggest problem is the first season was based around established material. It seems like they're making songs to fit the storyline now.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 07:26:03 AM

This season isn't doing anything for me for the exact reason that Nix stated.  Seems that they're trying too hard to be clever rather than just letting the clever happen.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 07:53:58 AM

That's the problem in a nutshell. They shouldn't have signed to a second series without first having written, rehearsed and tried out new songs on their live show, ideally with those new songs having been conceived without the mental constraint of fitting them into a sitcom. On the other hand, the money was there to be taken. Oh, and they still manage to be less dismal than most other TV.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51:28 PM

The original material was tested over years of comedy shows. I don't think they ever thought they'd get past series 1.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 10:54:58 PM

The songs are not quite as good in total (although there are exceptions as I think Sugar Lumps, Tears of a Rapper and Carol Brown are as good as most of what they did in season 1) but the comedy surrounding the songs is actually better this season IMO.

-H.L. Mencken
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 07:28:53 AM

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about, the song above is BRILLIANT.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 02:14:57 PM

I didn't see the first season but the friend chart and the "Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor" had me rolling.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 04:47:13 PM

I forgot about TMDOTDF which was also great, particularly since the door man/head of the conga-line was the cowboy from the Village People.

-H.L. Mencken
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 02:18:42 PM

Carol Brown is a legit song.  As in, I would put the mp3 into rotation.  Sugalumps was entertaining.  The rest of the songs have been meh.  The Engrish Karaoke tribute and Epileptic Dogs were super-meh.

A lot of the joy of the first season came out of the obvious absurdity of trying to put a plot around their existing music.  They had a Bowie episode why?  Because Bowie's In Space was a popular song.  Now they burned through their existing music (more or less).  Also, Murray is starting to upstage the guys.  He needs a spinoff.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 11:29:51 AM

Epileptic Dogs were super-meh.

EVEN THE REMIX!?!?!

OMG.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 11:37:50 AM

This season has been disappointing.  I enjoyed S1.  There are only sporadic really good moments. 

Starting to feel SNL-like, which was always feast or starve.  And things have been very lean there for a looong time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flight of the Conchords  
Jump to: