Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 44426 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 02:14:02 PM

It took me awhile to get into this show, several episodes before I "got it" and just let their retardedness wash over me like a lukewarm sponge.

Then in the second season, it took awhile before I was able to be ok with the total disconnect of Frank from what his character used to be.

Good show though.

Frank?  I just remember Frank having a mid-life crisis and deciding be a bum/loser with the guys.  Not even as bad as Cricket going from priest to bum. 

Dee went from mostly sane and well meaning in season one to as much of an insane asshole as the rest.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 02:23:34 PM

Frank went from their Father (even though he wasn't) to having absolutely no paternal feelings for either of the late twentysomethings that he'd apparently raised from birth, instead joining them as a sociopathic sex-obsessed "friend" on their own level. With none of the awkwardness you'd imagine would be natural from any of the three of them. Unless they were awkward for about one episode of transition.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 06:42:24 AM

That transition was extreme but in the context of the show (and real life) I can buy it.  Hell, if I was suddenly single and my kid was grown, who knows what the fuck I'd end up doing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 04:14:49 PM

Hell, if I was suddenly single and my kid was grown, who knows what the fuck I'd end up doing.

I would assume something totally fucking awesome. And by that, I mean, whatever you want.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 07:24:40 PM

I swear this show just gets better and better.  I would have thought the premise would have worn thin a couple of seasons ago.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 08:39:18 AM

Did i miss something? are there new episodes on?

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 08:50:37 AM

On Hulu there are.  For all I know I'm a year behind the rest of the world, but they're new to me.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 04:48:42 PM

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:45:27 PM by Johny Cee »
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 08:45:47 PM

I introduced all my friends to this then promptly forgot to watch it, I seem to do this a lot.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 02:11:08 PM

That's one hot 66 year old body.
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 08:12:51 PM

So new season starts Thursday.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 06:27:37 AM

Hmm.  

Decent first episode that shakes up the status quo.  The gang seemed less insane and more cunning/selfish than last season, where they would do fucked up things for very little reason.

Edit:

The League has been growing on me.  I'd never seek it out as a standalone, but it's good enough that I stick around to watch it after Sunny.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:30:38 AM by Johny Cee »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 01:05:21 PM

This is going to sound very weird out of context but i thought the tranny looked better when she still had her penis.  The rest of her i mean, not the penis.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 07:00:01 AM

There is no way to word that without sounding  ACK! when out of context. Also, I agree.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 09:19:21 AM

You can pick up the first five seasons and the christmas special for 40 bucks and best buy.  This is an incredibly good deal.   linky: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/It%27s+Always+Sunny+in+Philadelphia%3A+Complete+Season+1-5+Plus+A+Very+Sunny+Christmas+%5B13+Discs%5D+-+DVD/1283768.p?id=2144582&skuId=1283768

I am the .00000001428%
WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: December 17, 2010, 08:56:43 AM

Holy shit that is a good price. Looks like I am buying myself a Christmas present.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 17, 2010, 09:13:29 AM

That's a great price.  I paid $30 for the first two seasons and I'm quite happy with it.  I may have to upgrade.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 06:24:34 AM

Season 7 just started. It's featuring "fat mac".
“Rob McElhenney has intentionally gained 50 pounds for this season,” shared his co-star Charlie Day in an interview with Collider. “It’s been disgusting to watch him pursue this venture… We’re a little bit on the fence about it, just for his own personal health and safety, but it has definitely made Mac a lot funnier this season because he still thinks he has the body of an Adonis.”
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 07:25:21 AM

Yeah, that was funny, specially when he got Dennis to let go too.  "Dude you wanna hit some of this insulin?" "No, i just want some crack!" the sheer joy Dennis got from the prospect of starting doing crack again was perfect.

I am the .00000001428%
WayAbvPar

Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:09 AM

They always manage to take things to a new (lower) level...they are amazing. I couldn't stop laughing at Charlie in the limo, even while my poor stomach churned.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 10:26:25 AM

Interesting article about FX's model for shows like Sunny, Archer, Wilfred and Louie.  Basically they are giving complete freedom to the creators at the cost of paying them very low.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:20 AM

Well, it's certainly worked. I watch everyone of those shows except Louie (just couldn't get into it). The creators get paid for doing what they want and if it succeeds, they get paid better money than they would have at a network. 5 guys splitting $40 million over 3 years ($8 million per) is pretty good money. At 13 eps a season, that's over $200k an episode. That first $1 million that the four of them had to split would still go a long way for people whose day job was waiter. That sounds like win for everyone involved in the formula.

WayAbvPar

Reply #57 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:34 AM

Interesting article about FX's model for shows like Sunny, Archer, Wilfred and Louie.  Basically they are giving complete freedom to the creators at the cost of paying them very low.

Amazing how much better the shows get when the networks stay out of the fucking way. I wish Dan Harmon had a similar deal with NBC- I get the feeling that the network interferes a lot.

Adam Carrolla is a blowhard to the extreme, but he has networks pegged- he never stops bitching about their interference in all parts of the process of getting a show on the air. It was funny hearing him go off about his failed pilot with Pam Adlon when she was on his podcast; she just laughed and laughed and agreed with everything. She gets to see the FX process on it with Louie, so it was probably doubly amusing/frustrating for her.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 02:14:55 PM

That first episode was all sorts of fucked up, but in that good Sunny way.

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 04:33:11 AM

Last season I felt they were running out of steam, but after two episodes I am now certain that this season is going to be super-awesome. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
WayAbvPar

Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 08:39:32 AM

Started slow, but the last ten minutes or so...just awesome.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #61 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:41 PM

Anyone know how far behind Hulu is going to be on this?  I waaaaaant.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:04 PM

Started slow, but the last ten minutes or so...just awesome.

I haven't decided yet if Charlie's forgotten night with the waitress was seriously awesome, or the saddest thing ever.  I love that this shoe can go completely ridiculous on one hand, and the other do a tragic and sweet story.
WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: September 23, 2011, 03:14:56 PM

Since Charlie seemed to enjoy it anyway, I put it in the awesome camp.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

When I started watching that ep I thought "We haven't seen the waitress for a while." I love all waitress-related material. (Also I love the waitress. Those two may be related)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 05:56:14 PM

Even though the robbery was completely telegraphed it still managed to shock me and be hilarious.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #66 on: September 27, 2011, 08:50:05 AM

From the minute Dee's hair got caught in the ride, I started laughing and didn't stop until the end. I love the look on Mac's face when the guy shoots him up with steroids.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 08:58:39 PM

That might have been the best episode of Sunny in a long time. 

- Pickle Party. 
- The Old Dennis (the one who is completely shallow, but scarily competent) made a reappearance.
- The asshole characters realize that they might be going to far with the fake funeral.
- Charlie and Dennis arguing about putting a crucifix in the bar.

The League was also really, really good.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 07, 2011, 06:38:58 PM

I think I liked the Jersey Shore episode better, but last night's was great because they kept escalating the situation. I love this show.

Last night was the first time I'd seen The League. Man, that show is hilarious. I'll check it out again next week.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: October 08, 2011, 03:37:44 PM

The beauty pageant episode was goddamn brilliant. You could see the ending coming from a mile away, but seeing the gang get there was totally worth it. The musical numbers were good. Not Night Man good, but funny as hell.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  
Jump to: