Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 44427 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2011, 09:35:09 AM

The show has been on a bit of a roll the last couple episodes. Also, Charlie hosted SNL last weekend.  I guess you know you've arrived when you get to host SNL.
WayAbvPar

Reply #71 on: November 16, 2011, 10:51:06 AM

The show has been on a bit of a roll the last couple episodes. Also, Charlie hosted SNL last weekend.  I guess you know you've arrived when you get to host SNL.

I heard a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about whether they could really bring the funny for a 7th season. Dear god...just full belly laughs multiple times in every episode. I had to rewind and watch the scene of Charlie and Dennis reporting the 'rape' at the PD several times because I was laughing so hard I kept missing lines. The look on Dennis's face when Charlie pinned him as the rape victim. followed by Charlie's 'He really made soup of your insides'...ROFL

Found it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFAoMGgtoYg

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:56:23 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 11:24:38 AM

The show has been on a bit of a roll the last couple episodes. Also, Charlie hosted SNL last weekend.  I guess you know you've arrived when you get to host SNL.

I heard a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about whether they could really bring the funny for a 7th season. Dear god...just full belly laughs multiple times in every episode. I had to rewind and watch the scene of Charlie and Dennis reporting the 'rape' at the PD several times because I was laughing so hard I kept missing lines. The look on Dennis's face when Charlie pinned him as the rape victim. followed by Charlie's 'He really made soup of your insides'...ROFL

Found it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFAoMGgtoYg

The detective?  He played a minor recurring character on The Shield as a weasally police detective named Billings.  A couple weeks ago, they had the dude from the Wire/Fringe on.

I really liked this last episode where they broke into the house.  It basically started out in the middle of the story when it had escalated to full-blown crazy, rather than start sane and escalate.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 11:36:33 AM

I really wanted to hear Dennis' really convincing speech though.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 12:10:40 PM

This season has built from a good start into a great one. Chardee McDee the Game, the ANTI-Social Network and the house invasion were all just goddamn brilliant. The family with the Southern accent being Asian just scored an ace on top of the cherry. I think they can manage a good 7 seasons of crazy out of this.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 20, 2011, 08:15:44 AM

Charlie and Dennis high  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I am the .00000001428%
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 20, 2011, 08:39:22 AM

This season has built from a good start into a great one. Chardee McDee the Game, the ANTI-Social Network and the house invasion were all just goddamn brilliant. The family with the Southern accent being Asian just scored an ace on top of the cherry. I think they can manage a good 7 seasons of crazy out of this.

I really didn't like last season of Sunny, but this season has been a great return to form.  Some uneven or mediocre episodes, like the how Mac got fat episode, but even then there have been saving bits.  Dennis going completely insane about his appearance was great. 

The League has been pretty good as well...  and somehow they've managed to score some pretty amazing guest stars this season for a tiny FX show.  Seth Rogan, Ray Liotta, Jeff Goldblum, and Sarah Silverman so far.  Goldblum was great as Ruxin's father. 

The whole Babaman thing had me rolling a couple weeks ago, and I find Rafi to be either completely terrible or completely hilarious....  which I think is the point of the character.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 03:57:56 PM

Holy shit, Goldblum's O Face was hilarious.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #78 on: November 21, 2011, 12:46:37 PM

Holy shit, Goldblum's O Face was hilarious.

I think it's the exact same O Face that Ruxin made last season.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #79 on: November 22, 2011, 05:39:24 AM

Can't stop looking at Fat Mac.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 03, 2011, 01:01:45 PM

I'm going to start using thunder-gunning as a verb.

I am the .00000001428%
WayAbvPar

Reply #81 on: October 11, 2012, 11:25:06 AM

New season starts tonight!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:42 AM

That last episode fell completely flat.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #83 on: October 22, 2012, 11:23:29 AM

That last episode fell completely flat.

I think they tried to get too much out of the recycling joke. It didn't help that they were recycling the plots from one of my favorite episodes ever.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #84 on: October 22, 2012, 11:48:16 AM

The number of self deprecating jokes about how absurd the gang and their adventures are makes me worry they might decide to end the show.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #85 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:54 PM

I think they are already signed for at least a season after this one.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 30, 2012, 10:03:23 AM

The Halloween episode was much much better.

I am the .00000001428%
WayAbvPar

Reply #87 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:54 PM

The McPoyles are so just so creepily well acted. I have a hard time watching the screen when they are on, but god are they funny. SO WRONG, yet funny.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: November 01, 2012, 10:50:59 AM

The McPoyles are so just so creepily well acted. I have a hard time watching the screen when they are on, but god are they funny. SO WRONG, yet funny.

Haven't seen it yet, but Guillermo del Toro played "Papa McPoyle".

Also, a teaser for this season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3qIaBn3nQo
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #89 on: November 01, 2012, 11:12:30 AM

The McPoyles under that creepy horrorish lighting/filming made it difficult to eat my dinner while watching the episode.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: December 07, 2012, 02:06:56 PM

"If Charlie rules the world i will go down on myself"  At least Dennis is a man of his word.  BTW, it's real.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:25 AM

That episode was so fucked up but so goddamn funny. Dee turning into a Stepford wife was gold.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 10, 2012, 09:54:31 AM

This is now on Netflix…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 18, 2013, 08:23:27 PM

The gang desperately tries to win an award is possibly the funniest episode they've ever done.

I am the .00000001428%
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 19, 2013, 03:21:28 AM

I don't get FXX...at least not without paying extra. So dumb.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #95 on: April 06, 2015, 02:45:10 PM

I just watched the episode "Charlie Work" (the Birdman homage one).  Wow.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #96 on: April 06, 2015, 02:51:51 PM

Yeah, it was fucking amazing. Other than the one cut at the end when the RV drives back up as Charlie's opening the door, every other cut was insanely smooth and seamless.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 06, 2015, 07:43:27 PM

I just watched the episode "Charlie Work" (the Birdman homage one).  Wow.
According to the wiki, the long shot is actual an homage to True Detective and Birdman wasn't out in theaters when the episode aired.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #98 on: April 07, 2015, 12:32:05 AM

I don't think I believe that, because it had the jazzy drum soundtrack thing going in the background.  Which I do not recall being a thing in True Detective.  But it was definitely not just a Birdman homage; it had more of the feel of a heist movie given the theme of the episode.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 07, 2015, 04:19:13 AM

Dennis is doing a McConaughey impression behind the bar to the health inspector.  The first time I watched the episode I didn't even notice the long shot though I remember loving the flow of the episode.  I wondered why Dennis was doing the 'alright alright alright'.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #100 on: September 05, 2019, 07:56:35 AM

ARISE!

New season coming Sep. 25th!

Somehow, this show has maintained a pretty consistent level of quality, while also jumping the shark, then humping the shark's dead corpse after they blew it up with dynamite.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  
Jump to: