Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Prison Break 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prison Break  (Read 14782 times)
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

on: September 09, 2008, 01:43:33 PM

Speaking of shows with a 1 season story arc that were dragged on forever.

I give you Prison Break... Will anyone admit to still watching this?
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:44:16 PM

Stopped a couple episodes into season 2  Ohhhhh, I see.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 02:03:12 PM

I still watch this show.  They tend to draw out the season, but that's part of the whole hook.  Every episode has a cliffhanger to it, it seems.  Season 2 wasn't too bad because at least it was a short season.  The new season finally has them goiing after the big baddies. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 03:00:56 PM

I couldn't make it through one episode.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:49:12 AM

I still watch this, only because I've watched them all until now. I struggled through the end of Season 2 and most of Season 3 because the writing is so preposterous, but there's just something compelling about it. There are moments of awesome, surrounded by lots of stupid.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:17:20 AM

I never got past the absurdity of being able to travel from Panama to Chicago in about an hour by boat.  It's like the writer used to be a Dungeon Master when he was a kid and never wanted to bother with traveling between dungeons.  "Ok, you're there now!"

Edit: Oh yeah, and being arrested, arraigned, tried, convicted and sentenced for a crime all in the same day.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:20:56 AM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:54 PM

OMFG I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE OF S4 AND IT BURNS IT BURNS MAKE IT STOP PLEEEASE!

I read somewhere that whoever created this monster intended it as 40-odd espisodes. They get out prison, they escape, they live happily ever after. That would have made it an awesome show.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:33:26 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 02:36:42 PM

I didn't mind season 3, I found the prison environment a lot more interesting than in season 1, though the fact that it only took them 13 episodes to break out instead of 22 definitely helped.  Though that is after you get past the "why are we breaking out of another prison again" line of thinking.

Season 4 is complete  swamp poop so far and keeps getting worse as each episode gets by.

I really think they are coming up with the story on a episode by episode basis instead of putting the first amount of thought into it.  If the series was only the first two season I would be happy with it.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 02:54:24 PM

OMFG I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE OF S4 AND IT BURNS IT BURNS MAKE IT STOP PLEEEASE!

The most ridiculous thing was how merely being in the vicinity of a murder instantly meant "you are facing jail time" and in each case, the person instantly believed they were facing jail time. Very little explanation was given as to why (DNA evidence? witness statements?). Nobody seemed to bother protesting their innocence.

The writers also seem to have forgotten that the two main characters - Scofield and Burrows - were totally and publicly cleared of what they were originally jailed for. They were imprisoned again in Panama under Panamanian law, but that should be irrelevant. Yet in the USA, the legal system suddenly started treating them as repeat offenders, as if they were never cleared of the original US crimes.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 12:10:44 PM

Schofield attempted armed robbery, also broke a whole bunch of murderers, psychos and mafia bosses out of jail, and didn't get cleared of any of that.

Sara was also involved in the escape.

There is very little that Sucre isn't guilty of.

Not-Christopher-Walken was implicated in all sorts of shit, not least killing the guy under his bird bath.

Burrows is the only one with a sort of clean record, and that is if you don't count escaping from a federal penitentary.

I thought the stupidest part was 'oh, SONA burned down, and yeah, everyone is here now'.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 04:07:05 PM

I thought the stupidest part was 'oh, SONA burned down, and yeah, everyone is here now'.

Stupid company using a helicopter to break someone out of Sona when plain old fire did the trick :P
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 05:42:45 PM

Still going, brain tumours and all. Scylla looks like a piece that broke off an old games console.
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 05:49:02 PM

You look for logic. There is none. It is pulp. There is no reason for logic. It is about impossible plot twists, stupid contrivances, eviler-than-evil villains, and impossible odds.

Clearly, what it needs is five more Sara's. But they seem to have written them all out except her.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 05:59:49 PM

Is that the same Sara who's head was cut off at one point, only to be revealed two season later: Nevermind!  Wasn't really her!  Our mistake!

Over and out.
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 10:14:43 PM

Yep, that one. The reason given was that the hardened convict and criminal "didn't look that close at the head" of the girl his brother loved. Whatever. Everyone knew it was contract negotiations. :)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 10:44:45 PM

A great show.  Shame it stopped at the end of Season 3.  Although I'm kinda glad in a way, 3 seasons was probably the most you could get from it and you'd be extremely stupid to try and keep milking the cow.

The First Season was brilliance.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 02:18:56 AM

After suffering through season 4 and wishing it was over, I now can't wait for season 5. The final episode of S4 was great.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 05:35:53 PM

Cancelled at last. Final 4-6 episodes to air from April.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 03:52:40 AM

Thank fucking god. After they get out it turns to shit.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:14 PM

aghaghgghaaghgagghhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 04:36:09 AM

What?  Sooo what's this shouting all about then. Something horrifically stupid to end it, I'll assume.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:33 AM

They need to be thrown into the secret prison under the White House and then break out of that!

Over and out.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 01:18:22 PM

What?  Sooo what's this shouting all about then. Something horrifically stupid to end it, I'll assume.

It's my tortured scream as I force myself to watch the last few episodes of this crap. I've stuck with it all these seasons, it should have finished in season 3, it's just ridiculous in season 4, but I've gotta find out how it ends.

Still 2 or 3 episodes to go.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 11:33:20 PM

BTW it ended.

There are still two missing episodes to be aired/released on DVD. They are a final subplot set between the end of the main story arc and the graveyard gathering. In the USA, they'll be released on DVD, but in the UK they'll be broadcast today, so they'll be illegal downloads tomorrow. And it all sucked as expected.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:39:26 PM by Tale »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 03:29:07 AM

Yeah I caught the last 5 mins or so and was all, "Wtf, he died?  How the hell did that happen?"  Subsequent google searches revealed all I needed to know.  swamp poop

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 05:47:15 AM

This series would have been fine if it had ended after the first season.

Over and out.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 06:10:22 AM

So I can delete the 4th season I had squirreled away on one of my HDs for when I run out of interesting shows without any regret?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 01:52:16 PM

Yes, also delete S3 from your mind and chant 'they got away on the boat, they got away on the boat' until you believe it.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 07:01:47 PM

I am necroing this thread because Fox is necroing this show.  swamp poop

Over and out.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 05:07:47 AM

They will bring back this but not Beans Baxter or Herman's Head.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 06:01:21 AM

Like films, they're looking to recycle proven ideas rather than take risks. Prison Break had some great ratings for Fox.

They're also rebooting Married with Children for the same reason.
http://www.filmfad.com/david-faustino-talks-married-with-children-reboot-at-wizard-world/

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:24 AM

I will watch this knowing it will be bad, just as I watched Dexter, West Wing or 24 to the bitter end.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 12:48:52 PM

If this is a reboot, not a continuatio, I hope they take an AHS approach and tell a new story every season. That could be godd, but a jailbreak show can't really go on much beyond the jailbreak.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 09:20:50 AM

They are continuing with the original leads, who are apparently in jail because reasons. They appear to be ignoring the tv movie where the main guy died.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 11:55:50 PM

I'm amazed. I watched every episode, and each one got progressively weaker. It became so bad it had to end. And then they did another season.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Prison Break  
Jump to: