Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fringe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 94804 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: November 17, 2012, 11:32:52 AM

Yeah that's a nice contrast.  But poor Astrid, she only exists to ask how Walter and Olivia are feeling.  And Olivia is really too passive this season.  But I am enjoying it a lot more now after the mine episode.  The references to old Fringe cases make me happy in my fan pants.
Ubvman
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: November 18, 2012, 11:08:30 PM

An interesting thought after last night's eps:

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: November 19, 2012, 03:42:33 AM

An interesting thought after last night's eps:

Damn, son, I think you're on to something  ACK!

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #283 on: November 19, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

That's where I figured they were going the minute he took that first step.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:12 PM

Goddamn if tonight's episode didn't have the most epic Walter trip ever.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #285 on: December 14, 2012, 09:02:03 PM

The Terry Gilliam was strong with that one.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:30 AM

I can't wait until that gets uploaded to Youtube. That was possibly the most brilliant sequence they've done on the show. I thought Grand Theft Auto: Fringe was great but this took the cake.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: December 15, 2012, 05:54:07 AM

Monty Python + Fringe =  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #288 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:57 AM

We can't stop here. This is Python country.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: December 15, 2012, 07:02:31 AM

While this episode was good i am still pissed off by last weeks episode.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #290 on: December 15, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

I can't wait until that gets uploaded to Youtube. That was possibly the most brilliant sequence they've done on the show. I thought Grand Theft Auto: Fringe was great but this took the cake.

Boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRaA6mLJW54

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: December 16, 2012, 03:52:48 PM

The frog in the "python" clip was also in the warehouse at the dock before they got on the boat. Kinda freaked me out when I saw it the first time. Had to rewind to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: December 17, 2012, 08:20:01 AM

I did the same thing :)

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: January 11, 2013, 08:35:50 PM

Well holy fucking shit. Look who the leader of the Observers is. I don't think there's an emoticon awesome enough to that choice justice.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #294 on: January 11, 2013, 10:08:36 PM

And next week looks -insane-

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #295 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:20 PM

Next week is the 2 hour series finale.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #296 on: January 11, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

Yes. I'm both excited and sad at the same time.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: January 12, 2013, 02:56:03 AM

Well holy fucking shit. Look who the leader of the Observers is. I don't think there's an emoticon awesome enough to that choice justice.

Can you explain?  Didn't recognize.  Good episode, really touching moment between Walter and Peter. Meanwhile, Olivia can't even be trusted to guard a kid.  Otherwise a setup episode for the series finale. 
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: January 12, 2013, 05:44:46 AM

Can you explain?  Didn't recognize.  Good episode, really touching moment between Walter and Peter. Meanwhile, Olivia can't even be trusted to guard a kid.  Otherwise a setup episode for the series finale.  

Well unless I'm completely wrong,
edit: I'm probably completely off my rocker. I didn't pay attention to the credits last night, can't find an online copy that has the credits, can't find any evidence that it is indeed this actor other than the fellow had expressed an interest on being on the show and some upvotes I got on reddit for making a similarly cryptic post. I don't know if I even need to spoiler it. I just didn't want to wreck the surprise for anyone in case I was right.

Oh well. Slinking away now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:58:23 AM by raydeen »

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: January 12, 2013, 06:19:04 AM

Huh. Not sure, but it might be. I didn't see anything while watching, but looking at the still frame the nose and ears are just about right. Really hard to tell with the observer makeup and the no hair. But then I didn't recognize  at first either.

(edit because not sure if spoiler)
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: January 12, 2013, 06:36:09 AM

Huh. Not sure, but it might be. I didn't see anything while watching, but looking at the still frame the nose and ears are just about right. Really hard to tell with the observer makeup and the no hair. But then I didn't recognize  at first either.

(edit because not sure if spoiler)

I went back and watched the scene again online and I'm pretty convinced it's him (eyes and mouth seem to be the dead giveaway for me). He's not mentioned in the opening credits and I can't find the ending credits. I kinda doubt he'll be there either as it seems like their sneaking him in to see who will notice.

edit: Damn. Completely wrong. Apparently it was James Kidnie.

http://seriable.com/fringe-casts-james-kidnie-observer-boss/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:36:10 PM by raydeen »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: January 15, 2013, 12:58:20 PM

Two minutes 'theatrical' trailer for the finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x4jptm7Yedo

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04:00 PM

Good series ending.  Sad to see it go, really was a unique show that was allowed to end gracefully.  Good to see Olivia back to kicking ass and of course great emotional tones.

It was a good run, who knows, maybe they'll do a TV movie or something. 

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #303 on: January 19, 2013, 12:44:46 AM

To start, this was a good episode and a very satisfying finale. 

The center 9 episodes of this season should have reverted back to the basic first season philosophy of being episodic content with brief mentions of the final plan.  I think it would have made the finale stronger in that regard. 

However, I really like the way it wrapped up. 

That said, I hope they leave the story where it is now.  I think they did the best they could with it after last season, and making a movie will ultimately end up feeling like the Xfiles movies: successful, but cashins.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: January 19, 2013, 07:13:40 AM

The only thing I'm confused about...

Or am I just trying to look too deep into this and I should just shutup and be content with the Scooby-Doo ending?

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: January 19, 2013, 09:50:54 AM

But, yeah, I'm happy with the ending too.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #306 on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:39 PM

I'm satisfied with the ending.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:17 AM

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: January 20, 2013, 12:21:45 PM

A satisfying finale, I'm going to miss this show.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: January 20, 2013, 02:01:53 PM

Oh yeah, that's right, thanks that makes sense now (Peter's item)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #310 on: January 20, 2013, 06:54:18 PM

A satisfying finale, I'm going to miss this show.

Me too. J.J. Abrams best series as far as I'm concerned. (Person of Interest running a close second.)

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: January 20, 2013, 07:40:10 PM

Wasn't the timeline in the last season the one in which Peter DID die??  Him being there was a function of him being trapped in a place that wasnt his.  In the end he had to make it his home regardless, and the people around him began to have memories as if he'd existed all along (Walter [moreso after the boy Observer touched him], Olivia, Nina, etc.).  So, essentially the Observers not being there wouldn't have any effect on that particular timeline because in reality Peter did still die.  When he came back he came from another Universe altogether, implanting his existence in the new timeline.  Granted, I could be getting my seasons/timelines mixed up.

The other theory being the standard string theory of time, which is that a new timeline branches off at each moment of choice. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: January 20, 2013, 08:00:50 PM

Wasn't the timeline in the last season the one in which Peter DID die??  Him being there was a function of him being trapped in a place that wasnt his.  In the end he had to make it his home regardless, and the people around him began to have memories as if he'd existed all along (Walter [moreso after the boy Observer touched him], Olivia, Nina, etc.).  So, essentially the Observers not being there wouldn't have any effect on that particular timeline because in reality Peter did still die.  When he came back he came from another Universe altogether, implanting his existence in the new timeline.  Granted, I could be getting my seasons/timelines mixed up.

The other theory being the standard string theory of time, which is that a new timeline branches off at each moment of choice. 

Yes Peter 'died' at the end of season 3 as time was changed so that September didn't save him from drowning in the lake.  Further back from that, The only reason Walter took Peter from the redverse was because he needed to save Peter after Walternate was distracted from finding the cure by September.  Without September interrupting him, Walternate would have been able to cure Peter from the disease that killed Blueverse Peter.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #313 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:18 AM

What I don't understand is why the Observers didn't invade both universes.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: January 21, 2013, 03:53:35 PM

What I don't understand is why the Observers didn't invade both universes.

The Fauxlivia Universe was a shitty one likely to be annihilated, that's why. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fringe  
Jump to: