Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: More Preview Weekend, This Weekend 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Preview Weekend, This Weekend  (Read 16488 times)
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:06 PM

Are the servers still down? Herald says they're supposed to be up but I'm not getting any listed. I was on earlier too so I should be hitting the right version. cry
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 08:53:58 PM

Yeah, they are up.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:10 PM

Played for a few hours, got Aardvark to 9/9 mostly on scenarios and running PQs and quest in between. Order pretty much got stomped in open RvR, and rolled most scenarios. Destro players used many profanities, and didn't get the whole idea of 'kill their healers first' Plus, each time half the crew would just run all over, while order kept a mostly tight zerg. The players who ran off on their own seemed to be the ones screaming about how no one heals. Much amusement was had.

And I saw the start of people camping the whole scenario, walking around in little circles just outside spawn until we won/lost. Too bad fishing isn't in.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 11:05:27 AM

I haven't had a single CTD this PW+ whereas during the PW I crashed about once or twice a play session.  Mobs being unattackable is better than having them run away from me I suppose.  Combat responsiveness is also much improved.  Not perfect, but good enough to warrant my monies on release.

Also, Bright Wizards melt everything (through tier 1 anyway).  I don't even have to try, I just tap 12345 and everything dies.  With cool spell effects.  Very fun stuff.

Time to see how an Engineer fits into the scheme of things.  I got one up to level 5, seems fun.  Apparently turrets were not working correctly before but I noticed no problems with them this PW+.  I would just set one up, leave it at its default setting and it would reliably plink away at my target.  Not sure if it requires more micromanagement for its full potential.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 12:09:45 PM

Bright Wizards are OP, and have been for ages.

I expect them to get nerfed into uselessness about 6 weeks post launch.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 12:30:11 PM

Anyone having problems with getting disco'd from the game?  Not like a ctd but like keep lagging out.  I can play any other mmo fine that I tried.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 07, 2008, 06:38:23 AM

Anyone having problems with getting disco'd from the game?  Not like a ctd but like keep lagging out.  I can play any other mmo fine that I tried.
If it's when you're moving from one zone to another, it probably means that the 'new' zone has previously crashed and is down.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 07, 2008, 06:56:03 AM

Bright Wizards are OP, and have been for ages.

I expect them to get nerfed into uselessness about 6 weeks post launch.
They've been this way about seven months. Why would they change anytime soon? smiley

I will be playing one at launch. The race will be between the inevitable nerf or me getting bored with the class/faction/game first wink
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008, 12:26:35 PM

These are some pretty packed servers.

Edit:  And by "packed" I mean "destruction is full on every single available server."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 02:33:36 PM

Time to break out this old favourite from four years ago: http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html
 awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 08:00:16 AM

Edit:  And by "packed" I mean "destruction is full on every single available server."

I wonder if this has something to do with the enforcing population balance with a queue thing that is supposed to be implemented.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 08:30:30 AM

Are people still doubting that Destruction is going to be the high pop side? :P
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 08:49:45 AM

Are people still doubting that Destruction is going to be the high pop side? :P

I'm having some doubts.  Many will see that a well-run Order team can be VERY effective in the lower tier BG's.  I'm guessing that the preview/open beta will help with balancing the servers at release.  Granted, destruction does look better... and that's a big plus.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: More Preview Weekend, This Weekend  
Jump to: