Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Spored out of your mind? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spored out of your mind?  (Read 95303 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #350 on: June 28, 2009, 07:40:15 PM

Anybody else try the new expansion?

It has some potential, but there are issues just with the tools themselves.

Two things are necessary to get me playing Spore again:

1) Make it easier to subjugate the galaxy or otherwise stop stupid events from happening on my planets whenever I'm doing something interesting.
2) Flora editor.

Did either of those make it in?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #351 on: June 29, 2009, 08:34:24 AM

I'm in the camp that's waiting for Samwise's #1 condition. Interruptionquest is lame, and I really liked the game. It just annoyed me to the point where I couldn't put up with it anymore. I don't necessarily need it to be easier to subjugate, just have some mechanism to stop the incessant interruptions.

Also, I'm not the type to keep pouring money into a franchise, I'll wait until they get a bunch of this stuff into a single edition for a bargain bin price and see if I'm still interested. Mostly if #1 is taken care of.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: June 29, 2009, 08:59:25 AM

I was prepared to buy this one but I'm holding off. It just doesn't add enough real gameplay to be worth my while from what I'm reading in the reviews.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: June 29, 2009, 09:28:36 AM

I think that's basically right. It's a nice addition, but only a step in the right direction, and even there, it's a great example of where player-created content can fail badly. It's one thing to see a stupid-looking alien or to have some kid's aliens in the mix (my daughter's aliens propagate to the world under my tag), it's another thing to waste 15 minutes on a fucking terrible quest created by a sub-illiterate.

Plus, yes totally on the "stop fucking interrupting me with pirates-attacking-planets" messages. Especially since now it can be a bit difficult to tell when you're getting a message that says, "There's an adventure here" and "there's a totally ordinary annoying pre-expansion thing you have to take care of here".
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: June 29, 2009, 12:11:17 PM

Wait...they added these adventures as more annoying pop-ups?  ACK!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: June 30, 2009, 07:06:04 AM

It sounds thoroughly like a 'B' team effort.  Or, at best, stuff that should have made the original release and been better integrated into the whole.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:41 AM

Without WW, isn't it /all/ B-team stuff from here on out?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Spored out of your mind?  
Jump to: