Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Spored out of your mind? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spored out of your mind?  (Read 95314 times)
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:44 PM

My strategy has been to colonize every planet within one jump/move from my home planet. Seems to work out.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #316 on: September 26, 2008, 11:23:55 PM

Made it to the center of the galaxy.  Woo!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: September 27, 2008, 12:26:41 AM

Wow congrats. So the last big thing you have to accomplish now is to find Earth.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: September 27, 2008, 12:46:52 AM

Are you joking? Or can you actually find it?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: September 27, 2008, 01:57:29 AM

Yup I haven't found it yet but it's out there somewhere.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: September 27, 2008, 02:33:27 AM

Awesome. I'm gonna planet-buster it. Teach you uppity motherfuckers a lesson.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #321 on: September 27, 2008, 12:58:42 PM

I actually found it by accident when exploring random wormholes. Was just about to pop back through one after going "welp, this place looks boring" when I moused over "Sol".

... y helo thar!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #322 on: September 27, 2008, 01:02:34 PM

Sol brother #1!
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: September 28, 2008, 09:04:33 PM

Stupid question:

Every time (as far as I've noticed) I get about halfway through the creature stage, there's some kind of big, loud meteor shower event.  Anyone know what this is, or what it does?  Seems to just make NPCs run around randomly for a bit, and daze anyone who's standing too close to an impact site, but since it only happens once (as far as I can tell) in the entire game, I'm wondering if there's more to it that I'm not seeing.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #324 on: September 28, 2008, 10:51:11 PM

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:01:38 PM by bhodi »
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: September 29, 2008, 01:41:23 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #326 on: September 29, 2008, 07:16:29 AM

Stupid question:

Every time (as far as I've noticed) I get about halfway through the creature stage, there's some kind of big, loud meteor shower event.  Anyone know what this is, or what it does?  Seems to just make NPCs run around randomly for a bit, and daze anyone who's standing too close to an impact site, but since it only happens once (as far as I can tell) in the entire game, I'm wondering if there's more to it that I'm not seeing.
It happens randomly. It's either a random meteor storm or simulating another race terraforming your planet, like when they show up and hoover up a few of your buddies.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #327 on: October 02, 2008, 08:57:42 AM

OH HAY.  I just learned that you can fly into the galactic core as if it were a wormhole.  And there is indeed a cutscene and a present waiting in there.  Awesome.

Anyone know if there's a way to replenish the present?  I would sort of like to go conquer the galaxy with it, but 42 charges isn't going to be enough.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #328 on: October 06, 2008, 02:46:35 AM

Gamers don't care? Target the same easily amused crowd that bought The Sims:

Gamers looking forward to the inevitable expansion of Spore might not have too big of a wait ahead of them. Fansite Hooked on Spore discovered listings for a Spore Cute & Creepy Parts Pack on both Amazon and GameStop, both of which have since been removed.

There's a word for this, I just can't put my finger on it.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: October 06, 2008, 05:10:35 AM

I'd buy it, especially if they throw in a couple of enhancements to the rest of the game. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to lead my Gila Lizard-man empire in taking over the galaxy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:12:18 AM by Raging Turtle »
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #330 on: October 06, 2008, 05:15:50 AM

OH HAY.  I just learned that you can fly into the galactic core as if it were a wormhole.  And there is indeed a cutscene and a present waiting in there.  Awesome.

Anyone know if there's a way to replenish the present?  I would sort of like to go conquer the galaxy with it, but 42 charges isn't going to be enough.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hex editing or trainers. Sorry dude.

Gamers don't care? Target the same easily amused crowd that bought The Sims:

Gamers looking forward to the inevitable expansion of Spore might not have too big of a wait ahead of them. Fansite Hooked on Spore discovered listings for a Spore Cute & Creepy Parts Pack on both Amazon and GameStop, both of which have since been removed.

Money-grubbing? Simsesque? Pure, undiluted EA?
schild
Administrator

Reply #331 on: October 06, 2008, 05:18:37 AM

Uh no, I was going to go with "gay" but you were close. Ohhhhh, I see.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: October 06, 2008, 06:24:05 AM

I don't care about parts packs but if there's actual enhancements to gameplay I'm in.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #333 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:33 AM

Hex editing or trainers. Sorry dude.

BOOOOOOOOOOO.   Mob

Letting you go back in to recharge it would be enough to make getting to the core a decent "win" condition, since you could mop up the Grox in pretty short order then.  Well, it'd still take a little while to fly to all their systems, but using that thing is just so SATISFYING that I think the time would fly.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #334 on: October 06, 2008, 12:37:08 PM

It's three words, and they are "Yegolev was right".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: October 07, 2008, 12:02:08 PM

People are still making some damn cool shit. 

The spine is only in the bear, the shark is made up of arms and legs. This link says a little more: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500104898013

I'd like to run across those in the space stage and see the shark and bear speaking as one  awesome, for real
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #336 on: October 07, 2008, 12:06:57 PM

People are still making some damn cool shit for The Sims. Also my wife is not able to get The Sims to start up after the latest pack, probably due to user-made content, but since she says it's not worth playing without all the player content, she is very close to ditching that bullshit for LotRO.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #337 on: October 07, 2008, 12:08:54 PM

Fuck LOTRO, make her ditch it for warhammer.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #338 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:38 PM

OK, she did see me play LotRL for 45 second and comment " That game looks totally gay" but my wife is the largest handgun in the world. Do you feel lucky?

Well, do ya, punk?

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:14 AM

Electronic Arts today announced that a Space stage expansion pack is in development for Spore, with a release expected next spring.

The expansion will allow players to beam down their creatures from their spaceships, exploring new planets and going on missions. A new Adventure Creator will allow for the creation of custom missions, which can be shared online.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55280

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #340 on: October 13, 2008, 08:05:14 AM

OK, she did see me play LotRL for 45 second and comment " That game looks totally gay" but my wife is the largest handgun in the world. Do you feel lucky?

Well, do ya, punk?
Lucky? I can't even parse your post.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #341 on: October 13, 2008, 08:07:20 AM

Your parser is feature-anemic.

schild
Administrator

Reply #342 on: October 13, 2008, 08:08:19 AM

Funny because I thought you called your wife a big penis. My parser is feature-packed.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #343 on: October 13, 2008, 08:09:16 AM

Touche, Mr. Schild.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #344 on: October 13, 2008, 10:04:44 AM

I can't quite bring myself to post the obvious rejoinder.  Dammit, Yeg.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: October 13, 2008, 10:08:40 AM

Spore has a lot of cool parts but it's a lot harder to less creative people to do the really cool shit that the really creative are doing. So selling more parts helps drive the perception of closing that gap.

Adding more game to the Space age is good too. What I'd really like to see though:

- A movie maker, or at least a diorama maker, some way to feature your civilization having a life without having to continually load a prior civ-phase as finished and replace all the parts out. This is specifically for my market of one who loves making stuff but is too younger to understand how to play the civ phase (she's fine with cell and creature, but tribal is too much).

- Modify the game so what your creature, vehicle, and buildings looked like actually impacted the game. The baseline there now is fine but you should be able to amp things up a bit. The last time any of the aesthetics matter seems to be the cell stage, where putting spikes, mouths and poison/shield stuff in the wrong spots diminish performance. After that, just having the part at all is all you need.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: October 13, 2008, 10:32:35 AM

Is spore fun for people who wouldnt normally play an RTS type game thingy?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #347 on: October 13, 2008, 12:05:43 PM

Yes. It's very "shallow" compared to most RTS games in the earlier stages.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:01 PM

Anybody else try the new expansion?

It has some potential, but there are issues just with the tools themselves.

Plus unlike the creature creator, which somehow let really creative people shine and even made the doofuses look ok, the adventure creator is pretty well putting the stupid on display. I've done two non-Maxis adventures now that were just seriously terrible. I'd like to think they were made by ten-year olds but I think unfortunately that's not the case.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #349 on: June 27, 2009, 03:50:06 AM

Fuck LOTRO, make her ditch it for warhammer.

awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Spored out of your mind?  
Jump to: