Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Open and Core. SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open and Core. SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT.  (Read 13961 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 10:03:44 AM

Here is where I feel the problem with deleveling lies. How far do you delevel some one? Do you put them at the max level for that tier? If so, at worst they are going to be on par with the most powerful players of that tier, making the pvp even less fun for people who are not 11, 21, 31. Or do you drop them to 2/3rds, the same level lowbies get bumped up to.

If so that kind of makes it hard for the deleveled people to pvp if there are a bunch of tier maxed people.

I think the second option is the only viable one, and it is a better idea than the chicken.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 10:05:35 AM

Particularly since deleveling was something they DIDN'T want to do. (MJ has a few quotes about that somewhere.)

Why? Seems like a no-brainer solution to me.

Also, why is it that you when you "level" out of a Tier, the game saves a copy of your character's stats and equpiment. If you return to that Tier's content, your stats are switched with the stats of that copy, including gear, look, etc. It isn't like that information isn't being written to a DB at some point.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 11:45:49 AM

The rules are too complex. It needs to be made simpler. I should be able to understand the rule set of the game in one sentence, with one paragraph being used to expound upon said set. Then again, perhaps I'm just getting old and crazy.  why so serious?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 03:37:52 PM

The rules are too complex. It needs to be made simpler. I should be able to understand the rule set of the game in one sentence, with one paragraph being used to expound upon said set. Then again, perhaps I'm just getting old and crazy.  why so serious?

I will help you

OPEN:  IF YOU WNAT TO PLAY WiTH  THE GANGSTA PKS, THIS IS YOUR SERVER

CORE: CAREBEARS GO HERE

It's not hard folks.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 11:53:04 PM

Both seem shit, and needlessly confusing.

I'll be picking up 3x the CE when it comes out in a couple of weeks. One for myself, one for my wife, and one because it was kind of an accident, but I can just sell it later. I won't actually even attempt to play the game until about Christmas, give or take a couple of days. I'm pretty much buying it because of the art book and such, as I'm an old-time Warhammererer. I found the beta underwhelming and not worth my time to log in for the most part, especially as each time I logged in seemed to require a new giant patch, and the little PVP I managed to take part in was solidly underwhelming.

So, Christmas it is then. Unless WotLK is out, in which case, I might not play WAR for a good 6 months after release. Like next June/July. Hopefully it'll be playable by then.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 08:26:49 AM

I will help you

OPEN:  IF YOU WNAT TO PLAY WiTH  THE GANGSTA PKS, THIS IS YOUR SERVER

CORE: CAREBEARS GO HERE

It's not hard folks.

See. Now that is how Mythic should state it. Much better.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 08:32:39 AM

Too bad the "gangsta PKs" in Open get chickened. So it's not exactly how they should state it. It's far more complicated.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 08:34:21 AM

Too bad the "gangsta PKs" in Open get chickened. So it's not exactly how they should state it. It's far more complicated.

Doesn't change anything.  That's where the groups will go.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Open and Core. SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT.  
Jump to: