Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Which side would  you prefer Bat Country to be on?
Order. - 29 (38.2%)
Destruction. - 31 (40.8%)
I have no interest in joining Bat Country. - 16 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 76

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction?  (Read 42100 times)
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

on: August 20, 2008, 11:31:00 AM

Please if you don't want to join Bat Country in WAR or aren't even going to play WAR, use option 3.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:53:13 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 11:34:32 AM

So, we're going to try this again.  I expect awesome results this time!

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 11:36:04 AM

Its a PvP game....

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 12:26:22 PM

Well, I don't see the harm in trying.  It's either you guys or the mouth-breathing masses.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:36:49 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

I will only play if Rasix and Hat agree to carry me on their backs again. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 01:06:11 PM

Myself and 2-3 friends are going to be playing order somewhere.  If bat country decides to play order, we would definitely be up for joining you guys.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 01:10:59 PM

Haven't given it much thought on which side I would play and there's no apathy choice. So much pressure for a fence sitter, I need a nap.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 01:37:20 PM

Voting Order, because I expect that way it'll be a target rich environment.  I didn't play DAoC or anything, and I'm not in the beta, though, so I'm a bit fuzzy on what the impact of being on the smaller faction would entail.  Though if there's anything done to try to compensate for population imbalance, I suspect it would be better to be on the underrepresented side.

Plus, I'm hearing discouraging things about Squig Herders and Shamans, which are the main Destruction classes which appeal to me.

But, whichever is fine with me, really.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 02:48:44 PM

squig herders have issues, my 2cp is that shamans especially at higher lvls are  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

my favorite class to play so far has been the squig herder, but it got to the point that i  needed to wear Depends due to my loose sphincter from all the anal rape i received in pvp on him.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 03:03:23 PM

I have two friends that will be rolling Shamans at release even though they are playing them as mains in beta. They love their Shamans.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 03:07:30 PM

Since I get to start at level 1, as long as I can get my collector's box (DAMN YOU GAMESTOP!) I will be playing.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 03:08:10 PM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 03:08:34 PM

Ignore me. It's not interesting.
Rasix

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 03:10:06 PM

I will only play if Rasix and Hat agree to carry me on their backs again. 

You think I'd remember this. 

Anyhow, I'm about 50/50 for playing right now.  I'd vote destro just because it'd take two people I know playing order to get over there.  Good elves and humans.   swamp poop

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 03:55:46 PM

You think I'd remember this. 

It was Righ, not you.  You "R" name people all look the same to me anyway. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 04:11:16 PM

Do you all think Order will be underpopulated?  I remember the WoW beta was similar, with all the beta testers playing horde but when live came everyone rolled alliance...  I would prefer to play on the underdog side.
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 04:17:00 PM

Do you all think Order will be underpopulated?  I remember the WoW beta was similar, with all the beta testers playing horde but when live came everyone rolled alliance...  I would prefer to play on the underdog side.

This. I also prefer to play a gimp class.
Rasix

Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 04:19:47 PM

Horseshit. 

-Rasix
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 04:22:54 PM

So, we're going to try this again.  I expect awesome results this time!
It's fitting since it is the definition of insanity: repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 04:26:18 PM

Can I vote to skew the results even if I'm not gonna play?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 04:44:36 PM

Then you have no interest in Bat Country.  You are on the internet; you have to tell the truth.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 04:49:31 PM

You are on the internet; you have to tell the truth.

... and never be wrong.

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 05:01:37 PM

Then you have no interest in Bat Country.  You are on the internet; you have to tell the truth.
It doesn't say Bat Country in which game...

I'm on the internet.  I have to skew the truth to validate my point and mock my enemies.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 05:12:56 PM

Certainly Order is clearly outnumbered in the beta and in large forum polls I've seen.  I think this will continue until release.  WAR is clearly a PvP/RvR focused game, and destruction will likely attract more of that crowd.  The alliance/horde discrepency in WoW has alot to do with most PvE carebears playing alliance. That said, if Order is overpopulated on whatever serve I'm on when I start playing, I will switch sides early on.  I refuse to play on Albion again.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 06:29:17 PM

The alliance/horde imbalance has everything to do with Elves, Paladins and 'ugly'.

All the 'hardcore' people will roll up on the same server (which will be declared the only server that matters) and be destruction. Every other server will be filled to the brim with Warrior Priests and Witch Hunters. The only hope for balance is the Slutty Elves on the Destruction side, but those could turn away nearly as many as they bring in.

If there is a Paladin, or Paladin Like class, people WILL roll it up, by the Truck Load. It's virtually MMO Law.
If there are Elves, especially Pretty Elves, people WILL roll those up by bushel as well.
If one side is 'rough' or 'ugly' or 'uncivilized' people WILL shun it, in favor of either of the above.

Who knows, maybe THIS time it'll be different... but my money is on Order = Alliance = Albion

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 06:32:01 PM

Order. Solely for Bright Wizards. So I can bitch loud when they get the nerf they've needed for months.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 06:56:41 PM

If there is a Paladin, or Paladin Like class, people WILL roll it up, by the Truck Load. It's virtually MMO Law.
Both sides have a Paladin-like class.

If there are Elves, especially Pretty Elves, people WILL roll those up by bushel as well.
Both sides have Elves and the "ugly" side has half-nekkid Elves.

If one side is 'rough' or 'ugly' or 'uncivilized' people WILL shun it, in favor of either of the above.
Did I mention the ugly side has half-nekkid elves?
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 07:15:35 PM

Having played through both sides to ~30 in a couple classes, Destro is more finished, and more fun. I'm not decided if I'll play, I got a preorder ($0.99 at Target!) so I don't need to decide yet. But Zealot/Shaman are nifty, and as has been pointed out in another thread, useful for fucking with order 'tards.

Plus, dwarves are even more gay than elves.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 07:21:20 PM

What is the Paladin Like class on the Destruction side? All I see are Mutants, Orcs and Slutty Elves.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 07:48:30 PM

Disciple of Khaine?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 07:49:41 PM

Yes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 08:16:32 PM

That isn't Paladin like.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 08:24:09 PM

That isn't Paladin like.
DoK is exactly like a Warrior Priest. So if you consider a Warrior Priest "Paladin-like" then DoK is one too.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 08:47:56 PM

How they actually PLAY is irrelevant. Just how they appear/feel.

Shining Warrior in Armor?
Smiting the Wicked?
Defending the Weak?
General Anti Undead/Demon shenanigans?

People play Paladins or the nearest Paladin class in spite of mechanics, not because of them. They're attracted to :

"Where is your faith on this dark day? Chaos rides against you – will you let these beasts destroy your hearths and homes, or will you trust in Sigmar and fight? Forward men, and drive back this Chaos rabble! For the Empire! For Sigmar!" 

The Myth and the Ideal.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:43 PM

How they actually PLAY is irrelevant. Just how they appear/feel.

Shining Warrior in Armor?
Smiting the Wicked?
Defending the Weak?
General Anti Undead/Demon shenanigans?

People play Paladins or the nearest Paladin class in spite of mechanics, not because of them. They're attracted to :

"Where is your faith on this dark day? Chaos rides against you – will you let these beasts destroy your hearths and homes, or will you trust in Sigmar and fight? Forward men, and drive back this Chaos rabble! For the Empire! For Sigmar!" 

The Myth and the Ideal.
Smiting the wicked also means smiting your own people in the Warhammer universe (think Witch Hunter). I.e. the concept of "lawful good" doesn't really apply in the WH world. At best you have people that are "lawful neutral". E.g. the Bretonnians aka your "knights in shining armor" use their slaves as cannon fodder. That's hardly "Paladin-like" behavior.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction?  
Jump to: