Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Halloween 2008 -- Zombie Apocalypse 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2008 -- Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 9227 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

on: August 19, 2008, 11:40:47 AM

I was listening to the cohpodcast, which is surprisingly good btw, and apparently the Halloween event this fall will be the usual *yawn* trick or treating, but in addition there is going a zombie invasion along the lines of the Rikti invasions. I've loved the Rikti invasions and can't wait for this.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:25:03 PM

They tested the Halloween event on the test server a couple of weeks ago.  It'll be cool.  I'm a bit tired of the trick or treat one, too.  They should beef up the instances of temporary powers, special salvage and ginormous inspirations this year.  Especially temporary powers.  I love those.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:36:03 AM

I didn't try it on Test, but the Zompocalype looks really fun. Rikti invasions are fun in large groups of players; Halloween should be just as good if not better.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:44:55 AM

There hasn't even been an announcement for the Halloween content for this year yet, has there?  I think it started at exactly this time last year, too.  WHERE IS MY FUCKING CANDY???

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 08:35:44 PM

It just started tonight.

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 09:25:22 PM

Both the Zombie invasions (listen for zone events) and the regular Trick-or-treating are active now.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 07:53:37 AM

Thanks!   Heart Heart Heart  I only celebrate holidays in games.  People knock on my door, I ignore them.  If they insist, I shout at them.  Even Baptists.  One thing about EQ2 that I liked is that they do every holiday, even Valentine's Day.  I don't know why, but I love events.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 10:41:01 AM

The lag, at least on Virtue, is every bit as bad when the zombies thingy happens as the lag during sieges in Shadowbane.  They shouldn't have these events if they can't sort out their shit.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 05:34:33 PM

Working as intended awesome, for real

Actually I'm finding the lag less bad than it is during Rikti Invasions with large masses of people around. It's even playable (barely) on my second slow comp which turns into a slide-show projector during the Rikti invasions.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 08:20:29 AM

It's still very laggy but it seems there must have been something going wrong during that one time.  Every one was bitching about it so it wasn't just me being impatient.  It's not been that horrible since, though.  Thankfully.  This is really just the Rikti Invasion with zombies, though, isn't it?  The trick or treat is just the same except that nearly every treat is a temporary power costume.  ENOUGH ALREADY!  I've had to delete them mostly!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 04:45:27 PM

Yes it's the Rikti Invasion with Zombies and easier to obtain badges.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 06:22:39 AM

This is actually still going on now and again. The devs made it player-triggerable - whenever somebody turns in Halloween salvage for a new costume slot at the stroke of midnight, game-time, the zombies can come out to play 'till morning.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Halloween 2008 -- Zombie Apocalypse  
Jump to: