Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  (Read 179325 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: March 18, 2010, 06:34:31 AM

I have a feeling the combat system will have the same issues the matrix did. We have only ever seen one on one battles. They could design this to be not an issue (and by that I mean the rest of the game), but yeah.. I dunno. Not enough info.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #141 on: March 18, 2010, 10:36:21 AM

From that video interview:

"The longer Aion does well, the longer we can carry on perfecting our title. I'm happy and worried at the same time!"

How candid.

Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 31, 2010, 03:12:05 AM

Gamasutra did an interview with Hyung-Tae Kim. Though not strictly Blade & Soul related, still well worth the read for anyone interested in the game's art direction:
 http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4310/the_art_of_the_form_hyungtae_kim_.php

Interesting to note that given Blade & Soul's vast production scope, Kim had to give up his OCD of designing every single character model by himself. He did give his art team a reference 3D model though, presumably to prevent undue realism when it comes to female proportions.  awesome, for real

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #143 on: March 31, 2010, 04:47:09 AM

HTK: In other words, it's the natural identification of what we really like since birth, before cultural context. I try to exaggerate all those aspects and then tie it to some of the more complex or deeper emotions, and then just draw something that people will really like innately.

To put it simply, you have to first look at how the body is actually connected. Of course, the chest and hips sort of stand out a lot because they're, you know, the biggest parts I guess. But the most important part of the character is actually fat. Any character we create is composed of bones, muscles, and of course fat.

Despite the beauty of bones and muscles, those aspects tend to not be particularly feminine, and lend themselves to something more male. But if you focus more on the fat of a character, and then you sort of create a flow into the chest and the hips and form the body around it, how force and physics can change a body, including fat, it becomes more beautiful for people who can appreciate that innate nature. In books that explain the body, there aren't that many explanations of fat, so it's really hard to find this kind of information actually.
He keeps using that word. I don't think it means what he thinks it means.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: March 31, 2010, 05:13:35 AM

Quote from: HTK
Of course I can't speak for others, but in my case, I'm not really comfortable with a stable kind of picture, with something balanced, because what is average is so well-represented in reality. You see it anywhere you go. I want to express through my artwork something that's not possible in reality, something that cannot exist.

For all the lulz we're getting about the man's assets in this game, I can appreciate where he's coming from with this. Gettin real tired of brown in just about every modern game these days.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:33 AM

Blade & Soul CBT1 Gameplay Levels 1-4 HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igDzgrIC8xs
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:43 AM

And people bitched tauren plainsrunning would totally suck.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: May 07, 2011, 10:40:07 AM

Looks like a single-player game. Also the UI is 100% Korean.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: May 07, 2011, 11:06:59 AM

Also the UI is 100% Korean.

It is nice to see they are going with a control scheme that avoids the hotkey bar deathstar theme though.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:50 PM

It's level 1-4 gameplay though, and the player has like, 3 abilities total. Wonder what it gets like as you level up.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: May 07, 2011, 01:36:40 PM

It's level 1-4 gameplay though, and the player has like, 3 abilities total. Wonder what it gets like as you level up.

Well the bar had 5 slots and I believe that it's supposed to be a gamepad game or something?
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: May 07, 2011, 01:52:29 PM

If it remains similarly Korean, at top level you only have six or seven abilities. Often they are designed to form interesting synergies and combos rather than to be situationally specific alone. It also looks like some skills here differ based on how they're used: The mage's melee-range blast was also her AOE, but it divided the same amount of total damage among all the mobs it hit. A very effective single-target nuke, and a somewhat less effective PBAoE. The frozen dragon she was casting at the end of the video may just have been a variation of the basic frost nuke... perhaps requiring that the player not have a target, or charge the cast, or whatever.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: April 30, 2012, 06:19:42 PM

K this video makes me wonder what happened to this game over the past year

http://youtu.be/dqebKltkEWA
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03:21 PM

According to some of NCSoft's research revealed during their legal wrangle with Bluehole over TERA, the key to capturing Japanese market is having cute playable characters/classes. If that's not April's Fools video then would guess they're just trying to one-up the other Lineage clone, hard.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: March 15, 2013, 07:27:00 AM

Necrotime

Ran across this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fzLKANCgUWQ

Looks fun to play, not idea if it is.  I think it released, but I haven't really looked anything up.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: March 15, 2013, 08:45:18 AM

Posts from 3, almost 4 years on one page.

Good necro. Carry on.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #156 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:53 AM

I don't even think they have started the NA version yet its also still missing 2 classes from the roster in Korea. Its a lot prettier than even Tera and you get to ninja glide/fly and double/triple jump. But I think the combat will actually feel like a step backward though I can't be sure. It has been out in Korea since mid 2012 but nobody has even announced the localization partnership for the NA version or the Chinese or Japanese versions.

Personally I really want to create some characters (the creator is insane you get everything you got in Tera, with imo even better base art plus like 80 sliders) and mess around in it but I'm sure it has all of the same weaknesses Tera does in terms of zone/mob quality and the combat may in reality feel more targeted and less tactical.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:02:13 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: March 15, 2013, 09:23:20 AM

From what I've heard though it's doing great in South Korea. Meaning, people like it a lot. Also, localization partnership? I think NC is taking care of the whole thing internally, while at the same time probably waiting for more content to be out in .kr so they can release a full-fleshed product, as opposed to what is pretty popular in Asia with releasing MMOs in an official "Prelude/Prologue" state.

Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: March 15, 2013, 11:29:49 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #159 on: March 15, 2013, 12:30:09 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #160 on: March 15, 2013, 01:45:08 PM

I had the exact same thought only without the Simpsons .gif.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 15, 2013, 03:27:18 PM

SOOOO MANY NUMBERRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: May 20, 2015, 07:53:14 AM

7 years later... (seriously, check the OP)

Blade & Souls is coming to the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR2b-sF1_os

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en

Blade & Soul will be coming to North America & Europe free-to-play in English, French,and German!

We are very excited to confirm that Blade & Soul, the martial arts MMORPG from NCSOFT, will be coming to the West this Winter!

Blade & Soul is an action-based martial arts MMORPG set in a fantastical Ancient Eastern world, with a story of revenge and vengeance that follows traditional wuxia literature. You’ll be battling enemies with a strategic- and combo-based combat style and channeling your inner chi to perform supernatural Windwalking abilities such as gliding through the air, running across water, and sprinting up walls.

We’ll be revealing more information in the following weeks and months, but for now you can check out our first trailer below.

Tomorrow we will also be hosting a first-look Livestream over on our Twitch channel. Join us from 10AM PDT / 5PM UTC to see a pre-Alpha Blade & Soul in action and to ask any questions you have. Make sure to follow us for real-time updates on when we’re live.

You’ll also want to sign up to our Newsletter so you get immediate notification of important news, a chance to win a beta code for our CBT in fall, and exclusive sneak-peeks at what we’re bringing. Make sure to also Follow, Like and Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube where we’ll be answering questions, posting exclusive content and more.

Finally, a big thank you to all the dedicated fans who have supported Blade & Soul coming to North America and Europe. We have spent a lot of time ensuring that we bring the best version of Blade & Soul to the West and we hope you’re as excited as we are to begin our journey in this incredible world.

Keep an eye on this website, as we will be updating frequently with news, information, and ways you can be involved in Blade & Soul West.

The Blade & Soul Team

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #163 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:46 AM

To bad for them that Black Desert is where it's at now.

I will try it though.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19:36 AM

You can try it now if you want to play on a Russian EMU server. It's not that great.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: May 20, 2015, 10:55:56 AM

Yes I have an account on the Russian server and I played it for a bit, and wasn't impressed. Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because at this point is just more and more and more and more and more and more of the same.

schild
Administrator

Reply #166 on: May 21, 2015, 01:43:47 PM

holy shit this is coming out?

lol

I want Lost Ark now though
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #167 on: September 08, 2015, 02:04:26 PM

NA Founders Packs are now for sale.

Rumor has it closed beta will start October 17. However it will be weekends only.

Edit: founders packs link:

https://shop.bladeandsoul.com/founders/list?lang=en-US
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:34:33 PM by Trippy »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: September 08, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

Just play the free Russian version with a full English patch if you really want to play.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: September 08, 2015, 03:31:11 PM

Russian version has a latency that doesn't sit well with this kind of game (in PvP). Also, if I remember correctly, they are many many patches behind.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: September 08, 2015, 04:05:39 PM

Game is dated enough that you won't have to worry about pvp because  you'll stop playing by then.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: September 09, 2015, 10:25:51 AM

Closed beta (which you access for 22$) confirmed on October 30th.

The combat in this game is enjoyable, which is the biggest selling point for me. Also, the PvP seems to be focused on 1v1 and 3v3 arenas, which works for me and my friends but didn't really in the Russian version. Not a masterpiece, but for what it's worth it it is still the second most played game overall (not just MMO) in South Korea so if anything there's a lot of new stuff coming over time. I predict I'll play it for 4 to 6 weeks. Good enough for that.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: September 09, 2015, 02:28:47 PM

I played on the Japanese server - it's up to date, free, fairly easy to get on to and has an English patch. (I lasted about an hour).

Instructions here: http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/117539-jp-server-resources/
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: September 09, 2015, 02:43:51 PM

Japanese server has even worse ping.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 26, 2015, 11:42:20 AM

For anyone interested, if you have Curse Voice you can log in to the client and click the top right and get a free beta key for this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  
Jump to: