Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  (Read 179352 times)
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: November 13, 2015, 07:53:29 PM

um.. its fetish. Its collect the costumes. Ive played most chars to lvl 12. Its not hard. Be careful l of your pulls, you'll be fine. Is it more fetish than tera?  Is tera more fun? Tera wants to force you into (BAM) big  ass monsters witch is fine for some classes but not so much for others.But it can be avoided if you try. I don't know I'm thinking I'll play out the rest of this second test  and maybe make a decision? Which modells look better prolly bas. Which outfits look better prolly tera. Note you cant buy the outfit I'm refiring to now. You could in the past and you could recently but you cant now.  And you havent been able to buy the deep blue v for years and its cost in the auction house is huge. I don't get the sense that bas offers more than I've seen .
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #211 on: November 21, 2015, 03:23:35 AM

Official Launch announced: January 19th.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #212 on: November 21, 2015, 04:09:05 PM

When do people start posting character screenshots? I keep checking this sub-board on the hopes its happening.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: November 21, 2015, 05:51:14 PM

Here they are:

7 more behind the

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: November 21, 2015, 06:06:42 PM

Those are some child-bearing hips.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #215 on: November 21, 2015, 10:48:43 PM

Sir Mix-A-Lot approves.  ACK!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: November 21, 2015, 11:07:40 PM

OK, if you're going to sling an Axe on your back that's big enough to be crucified on, the combat better look damn sweet.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: November 24, 2015, 07:16:37 PM

Servers went up as of 1PM EST and will be up till the 30ith. Again the game is very fetisch y if thats want you want (much as TERA). And I gotta say I'm not sure what you see here if the fetich thing isnt doing it for you. But its not diffulict and open world pvp is handeled well, wear your faction clothes and be ganked or gank, dont wear them and don't worry. So what are my thoughts about this and black desert? BaS is very instanced. Theres very little to discover. Black desert is an open world (I have no exp here, Just what ive read). But BaS is way more popular in Korea than BD and the combat in BaS is fun, the combos are fun. I'll play Black Dessert when it goes F@P but I payed real money to play BaS in beta and I don't regret it. Again I have no exp with Black Desert other than youtube vids I've wacthed.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 18, 2015, 07:09:36 AM

Got an extra beta key so PM me if you are interested.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: January 15, 2016, 02:26:07 AM

My god, it's full of stars.

Like, seriously. CLICK THAT LINK. CLICK IT. CLICK IT NOW.

Will it be good? Who knows. BUT HOLY CRAP.

Edit: Screenshots, in-game.

Welp, 7 and a half years after Schild started this thread, game launches today.
We were all so young...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:27:48 AM by Falconeer »

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: January 15, 2016, 11:19:06 AM

My god, it's full of stars.

Like, seriously. CLICK THAT LINK. CLICK IT. CLICK IT NOW.

Will it be good? Who knows. BUT HOLY CRAP.

Edit: Screenshots, in-game.

Welp, 7 and a half years after Schild started this thread, game launches today.
We were all so young...

Head start begins today for those that bought one of the founder packs.  Official f2p launch for everyone else is 19 Jan.
schild
Administrator

Reply #221 on: January 16, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Oh, I totally don't care about this game anymore. I'm on the Lost Ark train now.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: January 16, 2016, 11:58:51 AM

Oh, I totally don't care about this game anymore. I'm on the Lost Ark train now.

Is that actually ever coming out in the US?

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: January 16, 2016, 12:19:37 PM

Probably in 7 years, so around 2023. I hope it won't clash with Star Citizen's release.

hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: January 16, 2016, 07:35:47 PM

Its up for founders packs. Will be up for everyone on the 19th.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: January 16, 2016, 07:41:21 PM

I've been playing the past 2 days and I'm really enjoying it so far.  I went with the destroyer class.  It's very satisfying bashing people with a huge axe then picking them up off the ground and punching their face in with your fist.  I was sold when I was able to pick a bear up and smash it into the ground.  The combat in this is by far the best I've experienced in an MMO, even better than TERA where I was able to get several classes to level cap.  When it opens up to everyone on 19 Jan, I highly recommend at least giving it a go.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: January 17, 2016, 07:04:43 AM

Having my monyh of fun. Its real problem is a weakness in group play. The fact that PvP is pretty much thought to be a 1v1 affair shows that this could be summed up as Soul Calibur/Tekken MMO with some theme park strapped around it. But that's hardly a bad thing. Short lived maybe, but definitely enjoyable.

Especially if you are into clothing and fashion.  awesome, for real

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: January 19, 2016, 12:13:16 PM

I downloaded it, made a character and got placed into a 1008 person que, I quit.

WayAbvPar

Reply #228 on: January 19, 2016, 12:20:32 PM

I downloaded it, made a character and got placed into a 1008 person que, I quit.

You need to be grinding in D3 or BF4 anyway  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: January 19, 2016, 12:29:37 PM

Yes, this seems to be what happens now with popular new MMORPGs that have a free2play vs Premium sub model at launch. Same happened with Archeage last year. So basically, it's 1000+ queue as a f2p player, or insta-join if you are paying the monthly fee.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:53 PM

You need to be grinding in D3 or BF4 anyway  awesome, for real

Too busy cleaning from the Seahawks game/my son's birthday party and watching Division videos.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: January 19, 2016, 01:23:33 PM

Yes, this seems to be what happens now with popular new MMORPGs that have a free2play vs Premium sub model at launch. Same happened with Archeage last year. So basically, it's 1000+ queue as a f2p player, or insta-join if you are paying the monthly fee.

Launch day queues are not a new thing, virtually every single mmo has had them.

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:44 PM

I know, I was there. The relatively new thing are the queues of games that are F2P on launch day, that don't have too many servers because they know too well how bad population will shrink in a few weeks, and that have this sharp separation between paying and non-paying players. So even going to a new empty server doesn't help much, they are all pretty packed from what I've heard.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #233 on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:55 PM

they are all pretty packed from what I've heard.

Yup why so serious?

(I suspect the queue is capped at 5k, seeing how it doesn't grow past that point)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:29:38 PM by tmp »
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: January 19, 2016, 04:05:14 PM

they are all pretty packed from what I've heard.

Yup why so serious?

(I suspect the queue is capped at 5k, seeing how it doesn't grow past that point)
Still better than the 2k cap they had for aion launch. Ncshit west still don't know how to add enough servers for launch day and adding more now won't really fix this problem, it will only create more dead servers that have to be merged within 3 months.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: January 19, 2016, 05:05:24 PM

They had plenty of servers, just everyone played on the most popular. Also premium membership had a long queue too.

Shit was retarded.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: January 19, 2016, 06:46:50 PM

Whelp, it looks like I'm not getting on tonight.  Every NA server is full atm. So not kawaii.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: January 19, 2016, 06:55:15 PM

Ok I bought the top founders pack. I'm seeing 4 min ques. Again I cant say it enough this game is easy. Be careful l of your pulls and you will never need a health pot . Aigin its a very instanced game. Thers just not a lot here if the graphics don't grab you. I enjoy it but I see it as it is.I look forward to trying black desert when it launches but I gotta say the buzz is not good with this one.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #238 on: January 19, 2016, 11:24:07 PM

The combat in this is by far the best I've experienced in an MMO, even better than TERA where I was able to get several classes to level cap. 
I don't agree that Blade & Soul has better combat than TERA, though it's not helping that I'm playing a Kung-Fu Master. One big problem I have with it is it can't make up its mind whether or not attacks should be dodgeable and dodging and blocking are much more difficult in this game (again not helped by playing Kung-Fu Master).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: January 19, 2016, 11:30:22 PM

That's one thing that TERA did better than any other game: dodging attacks. That alone might put it above this one. Granted, they are both amazing, and Blade & Soul at higher levels shines due to the whole moves and countermoves system, but the simple ability to dodge everything in TERA just based on your footwork (well, fingerwork) was incredibly rewarding. Instead, in a game with a combat this good, it feels cheap and out of place to see damage applied to you two seconds after you moved well away from the long winded mob attack animation.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #240 on: January 20, 2016, 07:23:18 AM

Yeah the combo and dodge/block counter systems are interesting -- it gives it a fighting game feel. However the UI makes things more difficult than it should be by not showing you the cool downs of the "contextual moves" hiding behind the regular move keys. There are other things that really annoy me like the slow out-of-combat health regen but I'm still giving it a go since It still feels like I'm playing Akira in Virta Fighter 2-lite.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #241 on: January 20, 2016, 05:10:47 PM

So is anyone actually in a guild or anything on na and if so which server?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: January 21, 2016, 02:12:48 AM

New servers coming, and auto-kick feature for idle characters. Which is usually very easy to trick.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #243 on: January 21, 2016, 07:01:47 PM

So, I ran across this wonder of a char on reddit

I regret now I didn't play with the char creator more before locking up my two slots...
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #244 on: January 22, 2016, 10:52:38 PM

I hit level cap (45) on a Destroyer the other day. This game hooked me in a way Tera never did, so there's that I guess. The rate at which they push out the rest of the content to level 50 will be key, but I am enjoying the costume hunt and the structured arena PvP so far.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  
Jump to: