Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  (Read 179917 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #175 on: October 26, 2015, 06:44:33 PM

All keys claimed.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #176 on: October 29, 2015, 05:14:57 PM

First NA CBT "weekend" has started and goes through November 2nd at 10:00PM PST. If you bought a Founders Pack you have access now. Download is ~12 GB if you haven't installed already.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: October 29, 2015, 07:10:28 PM

Dam patched up and logged in to try it out and queue of over 1400 with a wait time of over an hour...
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: October 30, 2015, 01:34:06 AM

If anything, this game is "Collect-all-the-outfits Online" and because of that I am SO gonna play it. It doesn't hurt that it has the best combat in any MMORPG since TERA, and an ongoing 1v1 PvP ladder competition, so it just won my infamous Two-months Attention Span Award. What sucks is how ridiculously hypersexualized everything is, but I have (sadly) become almost immune to the Japanese and Korean version of this crap.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: October 30, 2015, 08:25:56 AM

Did you say good combat, pvp, and sex? Hmmmmmmmm

- Viin
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: October 30, 2015, 09:39:58 AM

PvP is mostly in 1v1 arena. There is an open PvP area but even though I haven't tried it yet I know better these days than hope it will ever work for interesting fights. Either your game has been somewhat built from the ground up for open PvP (ie: everywhere), or a PvP zone is NEVER going to be fun to play no matter if you are the winner or the loser, because it is either empty or full with nothing but zergs.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #181 on: October 30, 2015, 10:33:07 AM

I'd say flashy/decent combat, outfit collection and sex.

There isn't pvp. There is a 1v1 arena but don't count on it taking off the way it has in korea because there is almost no chance imo that will happen.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: October 30, 2015, 02:53:48 PM

Combat is really good when not laggy. You can say it is decent, but there's always the issue of trying to name a MMORPG that has a better one that isn't TERA.

About PvP, I forgot that there's also 3v3.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 31, 2015, 12:11:56 PM

I would say the combat is slightly better than TERA because the combo interaction is superior in design. Black Desert, I think, is better but that opinion is based off of watching it on twitch rather than playing it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #184 on: November 01, 2015, 09:40:39 PM

The combo system is kind of interesting though poorly explained/documented in the UI. The game world also seems to be in constant battle with some of the flashy combos where push backs/knock downs/knock ups/etc. can all suffer from things in the world (mobs will get stuck, flicker, etc.).

I also don't like how it's hard to tell if you are hitting things or things are hitting you. And dodging is hit or miss as some attacks seem to auto-target/auto-hit.

The game also feels very herky-jerky compared to TERA. E.g. moving into private instances has an annoying pause. Even dashing feels awkward.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 02, 2015, 12:25:23 AM

I didn't have the problem about noticing when I was being hit, but on everything else I agree with you. Still, when there's no lag at all, the combat brings me JOY. Grabs and throws are what was missing from my MMO combat, I just can't get enough of slamming enemies on the ground with my Destroyer, or using them to beat other enemies, or to give people the Zangief treatment.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: November 02, 2015, 07:21:12 AM

I wish I had more time this weekend to play, but I really like the few classes I got to level 6ish. I really wanted to try out a summoner.

I really liked how you only need a handful of buttons to press and they change based on stance/status of enemy. Pretty well done.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: November 02, 2015, 04:52:10 PM

OK, Im here. I like this but I also like Tera. While b&s is , Well it isn't tab targeting the game figures out what your trying to target. and you'll hit it if your pointing in more or less the right direction (ranged). It isn't Tera but its Tera like. I'm at lvl 11-12 with all classes except summonier and blade dancer. (I dont do lollies, thats just how I roll). This really is collect the outfits and there really is a fetish theme. I'm guessing Black Desert is gonna be a better game as b&s is highly instanced and BD is not  But I can play this now and I prefir it to Tera. And its pay to win, check out the dimonds and safires in the cash shop. A large increse in attack power and a nice heal on crit (and these are cheep). So well see how it pans out at the first of the year as B&s and BD are gonna f2p launch then. Just my opinion after playing sence thursday.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:02:53 PM by hal1 »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #188 on: November 02, 2015, 06:09:43 PM

OK, Im here. I like this but I also like Tera. While b&s is , Well it isn't tab targeting the game figures out what your trying to target. and you'll hit it if your pointing in more or less the right direction (ranged). It isn't Tera but its Tera like. I'm at lvl 11-12 with all classes except summonier and blade dancer. (I dont do lollies, thats just how I roll). This really is collect the outfits and there really is a fetish theme. I'm guessing Black Desert is gonna be a better game as b&s is highly instanced and BD is not  But I can play this now and I prefir it to Tera. And its pay to win, check out the dimonds and safires in the cash shop. A large increse in attack power and a nice heal on crit (and these are cheep). So well see how it pans out at the first of the year as B&s and BD are gonna f2p launch then. Just my opinion after playing sence thursday.
Are you a native English speaker? If so please use proper spelling and grammar.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 02, 2015, 09:06:13 PM

uh I'm a colage grad with highest honors ( though not an english major). As I reread my post there may be 1 or 2 misspelled words. But I think I was close enough that its readable. My opinion your opion may vary.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #190 on: November 02, 2015, 09:43:35 PM

Unfortunately for you it's my opinion that matters. Write better posts.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: November 03, 2015, 07:12:13 AM

If you want proof that standards have fell through the floor, look no further...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #192 on: November 03, 2015, 07:55:19 AM

fallen
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: November 03, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

God damn it
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 03, 2015, 09:46:53 AM

I am curious about what he means when he says that he graduated with highest honors. I find it hard to believe that you can be at the top of anything with poor grammar and spelling.

Also, just about any technology that a person uses to post with has some form of spell check.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:51:11 AM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #195 on: November 03, 2015, 10:15:35 AM

Do we need put a "No Baseball Caps" sign out front?

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #196 on: November 03, 2015, 10:16:17 AM

He's a 13 year old whose full of shit until proven otherwise. You guys know claiming creds is the first defense to any internet argument where you're called out for unintelligible bullshit.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 03, 2015, 10:16:32 AM

I am curious about what he means when he says that he graduated with highest honors.
Gold star for col(l)age?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #198 on: November 03, 2015, 01:22:34 PM

I believe it is: "who's full of shit"

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 03, 2015, 02:46:19 PM

Is it "nest", "pit" or "den" of grammar snakes?
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 03, 2015, 05:14:23 PM

Guys iI have been on this site for a decade or more, ya Im 63 years old but I still plays mmorpgs. I mostly lurk seldom post, I was a little active when we had an active eve group. But generly use this site to gage weather a new game is worth checking out or not. Few peaple are posting about this game and I thought it was worth adding my opions. And thats all they are , my opions.. Be safe guys and prosper.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #201 on: November 03, 2015, 06:56:43 PM

Guys iI have been on this site for a decade or more, ya Im 63 years old but I still plays mmorpgs. I mostly lurk seldom post, I was a little active when we had an active eve group. But generly use this site to gage weather a new game is worth checking out or not. Few peaple are posting about this game and I thought it was worth adding my opions. And thats all they are , my opions.. Be safe guys and prosper.

I vote keep him.

4% chance he's Broughden.

I'm verymuch looking forward to playing this but mainly because of the sex and the outfits.

I'm also going to try to go back to Tera once the Fist class is added to NA Tera. Two new classes should be enough to entice some people to re-roll/try again. The loli reaper obviously doesn't count.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #202 on: November 03, 2015, 08:56:24 PM

I believe it is: "who's full of shit"

Goddamnit.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: November 03, 2015, 11:56:54 PM

Yes.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #204 on: November 04, 2015, 05:01:33 AM

Yes.

I'm sorry.

Quote from: FIFY
Is it "nest", "pit", or "den" of grammar snakes?

I actually think there isn't one and therefore I get to make it "antithesis of grammar snakes".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 04, 2015, 11:42:34 AM

Are you Nerf's father?
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: November 11, 2015, 05:27:15 PM

updates are available , servers are not up as of this posting. but patch up if your interested.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:32:25 PM by hal1 »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 12, 2015, 12:37:23 AM

Updated and ready to go. Very happy about the European server as the previous beta was afflicted for me by a veeery tiny bit of lag (like 1/10th of a second) that made the bashing experience slightly less fun. In what plays like a beat 'em up no amount of input lag is acceptable, although this makes me think that combat is server-side instead of client-side which is good news when it comes to anti-cheating. And also would explain why PvP is mostly a 1v1 thing even in arenas.

Needless to say, I've enjoyed the PvP. Not only the 1v1 arena, but also the "open world" PvP. It happens on a voluntary basis, basically you flip the switch on by wearing a faction uniform which flags you as attackable by members of the other faction, so it is totally up to the player. If you are being ganked, just remove the uniform and you are a safe carebear again. As I said before, I can see how and why this system will TOTALLY fail to produce any kind of interesting PvP after launch, but with the usual beta chaos and carelessness it is providing some genuine good times.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #208 on: November 12, 2015, 05:40:29 AM

Patch up if you're interested.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:42:32 AM by Yegolev »

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 13, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

So I broke down and bought one of the founder packs since you can now upgrade at a later date if you want.  So far it's...not bad.  I'm actually kind of enjoying it and learning the ways of a kung fu master is actually a little challenging.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  
Jump to: