Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Pre Orders 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre Orders  (Read 9003 times)
Belzac
Terracotta Army

on: November 01, 2004, 07:48:30 PM

I wanted to Preorder from CompUSA to get the necro item.  Checking their website every store was out of stock and you couldn't order it from their website.

I ended up getting the preorder from Amazon.com for less than $6 and thats including shipping and handleing.

<edit spelling>
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 07:57:49 PM

EB for zee scout bow. I R Teh winnar. Unfortunately I can't win shit til February. This game better shine like palladium when it's done.
Azhrarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 08:02:17 PM

I had the same issue with CompUSA, as I want the Necro item as well.  But I'm fine with waiting until they get it.

I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed.  Not insulted! - H.S.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:26:55 AM

Best Buy had tons of em; guess people aren't thrilled with a shield...

On the plus side, that means we should have a nice crew come this weekend's beta event?

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 05:52:29 AM

Comp USA for me.  I don't know what that gets me.  Just did it because it is 2 minutes from my house.

I'll be there this weekend.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:44:12 AM

Gamestop also lists a pass along friend code good for 1 preview weekend session. Anyone know if they email the preorder code as the bonus CD shipping is 3-5 days?

- Guild Wars "Preferred Friend" serial code - pass along to one friend to allow play for ONLY 1 monthly event
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 09:39:22 AM

My CompUSA had plenty of copies of this last night, so I got 2, 1 for me, 1 for the wife. She fell in love with the game this weekend as a necro/monk combo. I am a bit worried about getting the game at retail. I'm sure CompUSA will have it, but based on the complete lack of any sort of understanding of why I was buying a preorder box from the two clerks working there, I'm sure explaining that I've already put $10 down on each box will be a nightmare.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 09:42:47 AM

Any list of what stores get what as far as the preorders go?  I know I saw one posted a long time ago, but I don't feel like digging.

I just hope my item isn't at Best Buy.  Preordering from them is a fucking nightmare.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 09:45:07 AM

Ask and ye shall receive. I'm not sure what each one does, mind you.

WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 09:53:33 AM

Looks like EB for me. I dig ranged attacks, yo.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 09:58:17 AM

Several points about the pre-orders, from what I've read:

- the pre-order gets you a key to get into these Beta weekend events
- you get an invite for a friend who can play *one* of the weekends
- you will not receive the bonus item until the game goes live/release

Given the balance needed for this game, I can't imagine the bonus item adds too much other than a slightly different thing to visually differentiate your character....I hated the bonus sprint powers in CoH -- the extra glowie effect ruined the visual appeal of my character so I never use it, visual snob that I am.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 01:49:00 PM

Is the preview this weekend by invite only? Im interested to try this out but I aint paying for a pre order.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 02:11:17 PM

Quote from: Shannow
Is the preview this weekend by invite only? Im interested to try this out but I aint paying for a pre order.

Only for pre-order purchasers, or if you know someone who purchased a pre-order and will give you their "invite a friend" ticket number (usable for one weekend event) you can get in that way without paying the $5 - $10 for a pre-order box.

The only fully free event they had was this past weekend -- totally free. To me, I'd buy GW if it was available today -- even in its current state it just meets a lot of what I like/am looking for:

- can play for 10 minutes or less and still have fun (jump in for a quick pvp battle in the Arena)
- solo if I want by hiring henchmen
- explore; collect components; collect items
- craft stuff without the soul-draining experience of sitting in front of a UI dialog box waiting for a green line to move
- test out tons of skill combinations and even unlearn skills easily
- pvp in a way that is as much fun as a HALO fight but with far more customization options and play tactics
- when I log out I feel satisfied and I can tell I had fun, as opposed to feeling only kinda satisfied and thinking "well, I'm sure it'll be so much better when I get to level 30!"

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 02:16:30 PM

I think I'm the only person on the planet that wants the shield. It's at Best Buy. Blast!

-Rasix
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 02:24:27 PM

yeah and lucky me my PC decided to pull a 'inaccessable boot device' tantrum on the weekend. Well maybe I'll beg for a ticket on Friday if Im that bored.:P

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Belzac
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 02:42:37 PM

Now CompUSA is showing that they have the preorder in stock for my areas stores.  Now I have to decide if I want to go get one from there and or just wait for the amazon.com to arrive(too late to cancel it).
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 03:42:37 PM

Anyone outside the US found a mail order place that will ship the pre-order disk? EBGames and Amazon both refuse to ship it outside the US.
Belzac
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 07:30:38 PM

I went and picked one up from compUSA so I'm going to have 2 preorders.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the 2nd one yet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Pre Orders  
Jump to: