Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Double Exp Weekend and New Rewards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Exp Weekend and New Rewards  (Read 21912 times)
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

on: July 10, 2008, 06:10:47 PM

Well to all that still care :D

Double Exp Weekend 18 July and New Rewards

Wow, can't wait to see how crazy the leveling is on the double exp weekend.  Plus I'm still amazed at the people that gawk at my veteran rewards.  I do wish they would have added some more powers that are team based, instead of damage based.  It is cool in a group at level 6 to say "inc team teleport" and pull everyone back together after a wipe or seperation.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:44:49 PM

I'm hoping for some passive defence / DR powers for the next set of veteran rewards. That'd help my survivability.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:09:24 AM

Oh fuck you Ncsoft ...

http://dong.walismus.de/index.php?lang=de

(SFW in all but name)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 03:17:13 AM

For the 54 month veteran reward, players receive the Allegiant badge and will be able to choose an additional power from either the 12 month reward (Sands of Mu and Ghostslaying Axe) or the 33 month reward (Nemesis Staff and Blackwand) that hasn’t already been chosen.

Wow, talk about phoning it in...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 03:31:49 AM

Better than a costume token awesome, for real
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 03:03:33 PM

I've got so many freaking costume tokens...do people really change their outfits that much?

I'd luv to revamp the rewards, start off with every 3 months you get a respec and a costume change token, then add in the costume reward pieces and powers, oh and make the pets a little diffrent too.  I do know it is a challenge, in that they want it to be worthwhile, but not overpowering.  Personally, I say they say screw the balance and make it cool stuff.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:49:30 PM

Yeah, I think it's time to just make cool stuff, too.  Once the new superhero MMOs come out, this one might fade away, anyway.  People will switch if only for some different tile sets. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 08:13:15 AM

I've got so many freaking costume tokens...do people really change their outfits that much?
It does make creating your alternate costumes cheap. :)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:54 PM

They ever institute those alternate fly animations?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:27:51 PM

They ever institute those alternate fly animations?

Kindof. Emotes flypose1 through flypose4 will let you pose while in the air, but the "bank while turning" animation caused some logistical problems with ground movement so it's gone.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 02:49:46 PM

I'm hoping for some passive defence / DR powers for the next set of veteran rewards. That'd help my survivability.

I saw you online.  I didn't say anything because you didn't say anything but you probably didn't know I was there.  It was a one-sided Mexican standoff.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 05:18:21 PM

I've been playing this weekend, though it's pretty limited.  Seems like I log on, play a mission, switch characters, play another mission, and log off.  The more times I resub, the less sticky this game is for me.  I WANT TO LOVE IT, DAMNIT!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 05:21:24 PM

It might help if you set some specific goals for a character.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 05:41:43 PM

It might help if you set some specific goals for a character.

I do.  I log on until it starts feeling more like work than fun.  Hey... I may be onto something. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 07:14:12 PM

This most recent break for me was about 3 months or so.  I logged in once for about an hour.  I played quite a bit the last couple of days, though it probably won't last.  I'd kill for a new tile set.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 07:16:34 PM

This most recent break for me was about 3 months or so.  I logged in once for about an hour.  I played quite a bit the last couple of days, though it probably won't last.  I'd kill for a new tile set.

Have you played in that new roman area?  That was nice to see (I think it's level 45+) though the mobs sure do hit hard. 

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 07:41:10 PM

No.  In all the time I've played, from beta until now (albeit off and on), I've never had the strength to push a character beyond 40.  I have nearly maxed out alts, though!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 02:56:44 AM

You can get in at level 35.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 06:11:05 AM

No.  In all the time I've played, from beta until now (albeit off and on), I've never had the strength to push a character beyond 40.  I have nearly maxed out alts, though!

In terms of tilesets/villian types, the variety really does pick up again after 45. So long as you are happy with PuGs and AV battles.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 07:57:33 AM

I haven't grouped in CoH since we had Bat Country active!  What was that?  A week or so after beta ended?  Well, you would know since you were probably there when I grouped the last time!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 08:22:02 AM

I haven't grouped in CoH since we had Bat Country active!  What was that?  A week or so after beta ended?  Well, you would know since you were probably there when I grouped the last time!

I think grouping is what brings out the best in this game.  The chaos and numbers can get me laughing out loud at the sheer magnitude of what you're able to wip during a given mission.  Sadly, I only have one person to play with anymore and I'm allergic to pugs.  We duo on occasion, but that gets old fast too. 

If you can find a few people to group with Signe, it does make the game a bit more fun.

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 11:05:49 AM

I can never find anyone I know to group with and the rare times I do see someone I know, they're a bazillion levels ahead of my latest alt.  I've become used to solo playing.  I'm probably no longer fit for a group.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 12:27:04 PM

Wow, PUG's are actually pretty fun on freedom and virtue.  It sucks this weekend since there is so many on, that random dc'ing is happening.  I haven't had the drops, but have had to wait to get on to those servers.  I might make a level 50 after 4 years soon   Grin

I think CoX is more forgiving than most MMoG's because it doesn't have a true holy trinity, I mean you could be in a group of 8 tankers and do just as fun and fast as a balanced team.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 05:32:29 PM

I can never find anyone I know to group with and the rare times I do see someone I know, they're a bazillion levels ahead of my latest alt.  I've become used to solo playing.  I'm probably no longer fit for a group.
You know about that whole sidekick/exemplar system, yes?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 06:17:05 PM

You know about that whole sidekick/exemplar system, yes?

I do!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 07:10:00 PM

I saw you online.  I didn't say anything because you didn't say anything but you probably didn't know I was there.  It was a one-sided Mexican standoff.

I very rarely check my global friends list - I stick to global chat channels. Feel free to say hi next time smiley

If you are soloing in CoH/V you are missing out. I say this as someone who solos a lot. During the 2XP weekend I played villains exclusively and kept ending up on teams with 3 - 4 masterminds (including my own). It was just spectacular chaos. smiley

Signe, take a look at the new content in Ouroboros and Cimerora. It does a lot to break up the same ol' tileset syndrome. Also the Rikti War Zone (RWZ).

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 08:18:58 AM

Ouroboros - where you can see the same tile sets all over again for all of eternity! Grin

(The new missions related to it do have some nice maps.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 09:12:26 AM

Two servers were absolutely packed this weekend.  Makes you wonder if NCsoft will get the hint that they should speed up xp gain even further. 

I'd keep my sub active if the 2x xp were a constant.  Going back to regular xp (even the enhanced regular xp now) is just too slow to keep charging through the limited number of tile sets. 

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 09:56:37 AM

The problem is that although you can roll alts and that's totally wicked  DRILLING AND MANLINESS, you are then playing through the very tilesets you got tired of in the first place. Faster exp would be cool imo. Not that that's a new feeling on anyone's part.

I think my MM stalled at 34 or so, my original CoH character stalled at 24.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:35 AM

I think the advantage of faster xp gains across the board is that you get very different play out of toons that are 40+ versus lower levels.  I'd love to have multiple characters that are 40+, but I don't have the stomach to actually level them.  I've been playing since beta and only have one character over 45.  Running several missions just to see your xp move really drains the life from my soul.

-  Mark Twain
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:38 PM

50 hours, 50 levels...

Wow, I currently out level a lot of my contacts and don't get to finish the arc's like I wish I could, that or they have a mean Hero/AV and my poor dominator can't take him/her down (hero side is no problem since I'm an overpowered class--spines/regen).
Strazos

Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 06:28:51 PM

Even with the pop-locks and crashes by friends on Freedom, had plenty of fun with the 2x weekend. Unfortunately, we really fucked ourselves by running the Positron TF and wasting valuable hours of it.

It would be so hopeful if that was the normal xp progression.

At least it helped me accumulate a bunch of Influence....I dumped roughly 2.5m building fancy IO stuff.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
DaZog
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 01:06:26 AM

Made 20 million inf on my brute, and I'm still about 2/3 from being able to afford a Luck of the Gambler 7.5%  Shaking fist

Oh well, I did get my new martial arts scrapper to 35. Eagles Claw is oh so Heart. I find myself wtfpwning greys just so I can see it it action  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Strazos

Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 05:53:57 PM

Wow, how high is your brute?

Fear the Backstab!
DaZog
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 06:19:52 AM

Wow, how high is your brute?

50. Nothing is more fun that a ubered up brute DRILLING AND MANLINESS If you do the Imperious TF at 50 on max
difficulty and kill as many 'Romans' as you can, you can net an easy 5 or so mil per run.

Double XP just doubled that :)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Double Exp Weekend and New Rewards  
Jump to: