Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: HoMM Kingdoms 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HoMM Kingdoms  (Read 30367 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 28, 2008, 10:55:05 AM

Has a long/play button on the webpage.

http://www.hommkingdoms.com

SOMEONE GET ME ON. CHRIST I NEED SOMETHING NEW.

i have at least a year til diablo 3, somebody hold me.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:59:07 AM

Does this mean that you've tired of AoC?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:00:09 AM

Register now to get exclusive information about the game and be among the first to join the Beta test.

I don't think you're allowed to play.

Last I heard, this was being outsourced and has been subsequently canceled. I could be mistaken.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 11:03:15 AM

Does this mean that you've tired of AoC?
Not really, but something else entirely. Some itches need to be scratched.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 11:17:52 AM

Register now to get exclusive information about the game and be among the first to join the Beta test.

I don't think you're allowed to play.

Last I heard, this was being outsourced and has been subsequently canceled. I could be mistaken.

It's a new try I think.  One project was canceled, this is a new one.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 02:25:10 PM

omg omg omg omg

Heart HoMM!!!!!
Even more than I do love diablo....

Thank's for that!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 08:39:52 PM

omg omg omg omg

Heart HoMM!!!!!
Even more than I do love diablo....

What the hell is wrong with you !? swamp poop I kid, I kid.. Each on their own.

On topic : I hope this is as good as the other HoMM games.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 03:41:57 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Ubisoft was planning to scrap all future PC games, and focus on console gaming. I don't care anyway since I'm banned from all ubisoft games for life.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:13:05 PM

Aww.  That's not fair.  You did Shadowbane a favour!   awesome, for real

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 09:21:00 PM

Is this going to keep me up at night? I don't want another Travian / Tribal Wars scenario where I have to be watching my homestead 24 hours to survive.

It says "Play at your own pace" but knowing this type of game I view this as a dirty lie.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 01:40:53 AM

You should try HoMM 3 with the exps and this mod: http://wakeofthegods.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/, it's awesome, I had a HoMM3 relapse just a few months ago and this mod changed enough to make it feel like a whole new HoMM game :)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:43:51 AM

HoMaM 3 is the bestest. 5 is ok, but just can't match the gelling of the magic formula in 3. Going to have to check that mod out.

Not really interested in multiplayer, so not really interested in Kingdoms.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 09:53:51 AM

What the hell is going on with this game? It's got the same "We're gonna start beta soon!" page for half a year now.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 01:37:02 PM

Is it going to be a game of building up a single superstack of 20 fully upgraded dragons or whatever to stomp the whole map with?

Because I've been burned by HoMM and Disciples multiple times getting sucked in by the turn-based semi-tactical goodness.  Then dropping out 20 hours in with a 'Oh right.  Superstacks.  How tedious'.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:21 PM

From what I read, there's no system to prevent superstack but it shouldn't be a game over sight since it's a persistent game. I'm not sure, but I think you can find a niche within an alliance if big armies is not your thing.  You can specialize your hero in scouting and simply spy for your alliance while they defend your border.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:27 PM

I want to play this.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 11:11:48 PM

Bumping this thread makes me cry.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 09:52:26 AM

Yeah what the hell. Any word on what's going on with this one? Mafia Wars is keeping me pretty happy but I want something I can invite f13'ers into.

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 02:12:46 PM

Official forum was update yesterday.  It's still alive.

Posted Thu February 26 2009 08:30   Hide Post
As you said, you deserve some news about the game.

The technical beta test is currently on and we’re continuing to collect feedback from the testers in order to study their actions and implement/modify features to fit their needs.

It’s true that we’ve been using the word “soon” for a (very) long time but I can assure you that we have good reasons for that. As we go through development many features of the game are tweaked, modified, removed, added, and so on. Why does this happen? You are a fantastic and demanding community so we want to make sure that we don’t disappoint you with an unfinished or unbalanced game.

For now we can’t give you a launch date for the public beta but we can assure you that you won’t have to wait for a full year again 

Please also note that Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms is a web-based game that aims to evolve with new features over the years. This means that, even after release, your feedback will be important for shaping and setting the direction the game goes in.

We thank you for your patience.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 06:34:56 AM

They need to work on their bullshitting skills.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

Any updates on this thing? 
I dont think I've ever seen so much hype and tension for a PBBG.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 05:29:22 PM

Still alive.

[Update June 11th]

News about the game:

The technical beta that just ended offering a great and furious war between the Dominion, the most powerful alliance from the last 2 betas, and a coalition of several eminent alliances. We would like to thanks all the beta testers who definitely and positively allow us to tune and improve the game features and mechanics, especially the PVP aspect.

We are now launching a new closed beta to test all the new implementations and the new gameplay balance. This closed beta will be the last step before a Public Beta.

We will keep you informed about the next steps and will open a new Q&A series soon.

Yaiden

Note the part about alliances.  Sounds like an other Travian type where mega alliances dominate.  Or there was only 200 testers.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 02:19:00 AM

nda.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:24:05 AM by schild »
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 11:19:36 AM

nda.

I'm pretty sure no one in f13 is testing HoMM.  Hell, the game is practically vaporware.  Yaiden is like a wraith from the Matrix, popping in and out just when you think you've got him.  Ubisoft didnt even mention this project at E3 and I saw nothing representative of it from their booth (although I wasnt at e3).

But (sigh) they keep professing the game still exists.  Odds are, they've got a few people working on it in their spare time and that's probably it.

Anyways, speculation != nda violation.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 02:23:23 PM

You don't get to decide what is and isn't an NDA violation, hombre. You didn't see what was there before.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 03:28:40 PM

You don't get to decide what is and isn't an NDA violation, hombre. You didn't see what was there before.

this is true.
Thought there was supposed to be a placemark or something there.
So we do have an insider in the game eh?

schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 03:29:32 PM

So we do have an insider in the game eh?

That's not how you're supposed to think about it. As such, no.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 08:13:01 PM

Hurry up, please. Do want.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 11:42:36 PM

Sorry I did not know that was breaking the nda, It the first time I do that kind of thing.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 09:52:46 AM

Necro.
http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/
New website and forums is up along with a new account manager.  The game has been live in far off lands but is still being spit and polished for the western world.  I'm just glad it isnt vapourware and we'll get to see what a studio like Ubisoft can do with this.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 10:11:10 AM

we'll get to see what a studio like Ubisoft can do with this.

HAH.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 10:13:58 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 10:37:54 AM

I read some beta report.  It's an AAA Travian.  If I remember correctly, the game gets boring because it's too static and there is little room for custom strategy. 
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 11:12:01 AM

This may not turn out to be a great game, but to say it's Travian isn't very accurate.  It has Heroes, area control, different races, rare resources, army movement on the map, NPC monsters on the map...  Tons of stuff that none of the other Travian clones have even attempted.

Looks pretty awesome IMO.

Why don't you try our other games?
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:01 AM

Warcraft 3 had a ton more feature than Warcraft 1 but it was still an RTS.

I didn't play the game, it's possible that it's better than the reports I read.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:29:15 AM by Aez »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: HoMM Kingdoms  
Jump to: