Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: HoMM Kingdoms 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HoMM Kingdoms  (Read 30362 times)
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 11:23:54 AM

I hope so.  On paper it's pretty damn close to my vision of the perfect city builder browser game.

Ubi won't screw it up, right?

Why don't you try our other games?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 02:10:03 PM

It also has a Dynasty system, which I've always liked in games (gives them a nice Westeros feel and binds alliances).  There are a few other pbbg out there that also have it (KhanWars is one I believe), so it's not a first... but a nice touch.

Essentially it'll be a more aesthetically pleasing Stronghold with magic, nothing like Travian.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 08:33:03 AM

Apparently this is in beta in NA and UK now, however they seem to have some country restrictions still in effect?

I got a referral link from a friend, but it tells me "Might and Magic: Heroes Kingdoms™ has not been launched in your country yet!". I live in Finland, however after registering it redirected me to some french page for a while so I'm not sure where it thinks I'm located.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 11:25:46 AM

Hey, yeah, it's letting me play.  I'm in NA

but... I'm playing too much Stronghold Kingdoms right now to play this as well...

I played for 5 seconds of tutorial, and based entirely on that experience, I declare SK to be more fun.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:29:34 AM by grebo »

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 10:38:18 PM

Here's my referral link, it starts you close to my kingdom, gives you free money and supplies.  My name in-game is Valatar.

http://mm-hk.com/referral/dfa96d1afb075897fc93ef7800e3e9a211306594

I'm in a small alliance, just let me know what your in-game name is if you want to sign up.  A bunch of random Chinese players are in an alliance nearby, and I suspect we may need some numbers to keep them from rolling over our corner of the map.
Pyran
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 09:20:06 AM

Here's my referral link, it starts you close to my kingdom, gives you free money and supplies.  My name in-game is Valatar.

http://mm-hk.com/referral/dfa96d1afb075897fc93ef7800e3e9a211306594

I'm in a small alliance, just let me know what your in-game name is if you want to sign up.  A bunch of random Chinese players are in an alliance nearby, and I suspect we may need some numbers to keep them from rolling over our corner of the map.

Thanx, I'll sign up when I get home.  Which country should I select as origin for the account or does it matter?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 09:24:25 AM

I'd tell 'em US, since they're apparently sticklers about what country people are from on the Internet.
Pyran
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 01:33:46 PM

Signed up.  User name is Pyran_f13
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 05:12:02 PM

Let me know if it's any good.  I'm too occupied with Stronghold Kingdoms.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:17 PM

Goddamn this game is slow.  1 building queue size??  3 hrs to clear your own area?? Definitely on the low-maintenance casual side of games.  U want to grok more?  Play SK.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 10:44:03 AM

I'm ingame as "Ghambit" btw.  Trying to get a handle on this game - MIGHT have legs later on as your empire gets larger, but the beginning is extremely slow.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:52 AM

Yeah this is insanely slow, it's been about three days and i have accomplished what should take about 15 minutes in a game of this type.  I'm in game as Threash.

I am the .00000001428%
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:38 AM

I'm in as Regg. With luck I'll have cleared out my mines just as the 15 day newbie protection expires.

(Actually I may or may not be Regg. I recall having to choose at least half a dozen different identities while signing up. At least one of them was Regg though!)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 07:12:19 PM

I'm in as Aryx. I signed up under Kitsune's referral link, but it told me your world was full. I seem to have gotten some bonus resources for using your link, so I hope you still got credit. Here's my referral link if anyone hasn't signed up yet.

It's pretty slow going to start, particularly when compared to similar games: build times start in the 2 hour range, rather than 5-15m to start, etc. Is there a wiki out there with some info on starting strategies? I can't seem to get my Marketplace to work; a quest wants me to spend 5k on the AH, but there are no auctions listed. swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 07, 2010, 08:53:21 AM

Have I read correctly that build/queues get BETTER as you lvl up?  As opposed to the usual tact of giving lowbies quick build times?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:42:54 PM by Ghambit »

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 10:51:33 AM

I'm in as Aryx. I signed up under Kitsune's referral link, but it told me your world was full. I seem to have gotten some bonus resources for using your link, so I hope you still got credit. Here's my referral link if anyone hasn't signed up yet.

It's pretty slow going to start, particularly when compared to similar games: build times start in the 2 hour range, rather than 5-15m to start, etc. Is there a wiki out there with some info on starting strategies? I can't seem to get my Marketplace to work; a quest wants me to spend 5k on the AH, but there are no auctions listed. swamp poop

Giving this a try as jwiv.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:48 AM

Have a read correctly that build/queues get BETTER as you lvl up?  As opposed to the usual tact of giving lowbies quick build times?

No, not really,  build times get longer. And also due to income rates, resource restrictions, and just how slow in general you build up an army: you're often just doing nothing but waiting around with idle heroes.

It's a little dull.

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 11, 2010, 04:35:52 AM

I've got a referral that will let me invite one person onto Kitsune's server that has filled up. It's not a link. I need to enter an email address and it'll send you something I assume.  Anyone interested should just pm me their email.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:59 AM

I am in as filthbox. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 16, 2010, 09:30:15 PM

Started playing this after all..it is definitely something you don't have to pay much attention to, which can be good.

So random question if anyone knows...  I believe I'm the Haven race, and that they don't get summoning spells from their magey towers...  so how bad is it if I made one of my heroes a Summoner?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 10:22:11 AM

Your race lets you make heroes that won't get spells? That sucks. I'm Necro, and the only two classes of caster I can make are the two my mage tower gives spells for.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 10:25:05 AM

I made the non-magical town too but I was still able to build a mage guild and buy light and dark spells for one of my magical heroes.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 17, 2010, 01:02:47 PM

Oh... wait.. yeah, I do get Summon spells... it was just the first summon spell didn't sound like a summon spell so I guess I was confused. 

Never mind, carry on.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 26, 2010, 06:36:37 PM

Anyone subscribe to this?  How many heroes does it let you get?

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 27, 2010, 09:57:04 PM

Apparently the max is ten heroes and cities for the subscribed.  However, my understanding is that subscribing only removes the cap at three, it doesn't make getting heroes or cities any faster or cheaper.  So just subscribing doesn't make it not take two months to be able to recruit a fourth hero, for example.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:21 PM

Apparently the max is ten heroes and cities for the subscribed.  However, my understanding is that subscribing only removes the cap at three, it doesn't make getting heroes or cities any faster or cheaper.  So just subscribing doesn't make it not take two months to be able to recruit a fourth hero, for example.

I dunno, it says "free play max reached" then it has the subscribe button... so I'd think that you could recruit more right away if you coughed up the dough... and with the speed that some folks are developing, they must have more than 3 heroes.

I'm seriously considering it, even for a beta. 

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 07:39:57 PM

I deleted my account on this.  Game play was insanely slow with little reward.
Rasix

Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 08:07:04 PM

I keep getting threatening notes from my Alliance telling me to read the forums.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 12:40:55 AM

There's a lot going on. The alliance is under attack. And they have these nice private alliance forums built right into the game for us. You know how to get to them right?
Rasix

Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 02:00:46 PM

Yes, and I've seen them.  I'm just not terribly interested in trying very hard.  why so serious?

I'm teching up still, but I guess I could go whallop someone. 

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 02:15:58 PM

Just drop a message in the forum once in a while letting people know you're still alive. Nobody's going to expect miracles. Bear in mind though that the people who are ahead of us in power aren't really that far ahead and they're getting hammered badly because of having the bad luck to be in the part of the alliance turf closest to the bad guys.

You don't have to do much. Send a hero on a scouting mission and report the results, send some money and resources to one of the guys getting beat up so they can afford to recruit more troops. I stopped clearing out the monster infested sections of my second city so that my army can grow enough to be of some use but I'm still upgrading mines and building new buildings.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 03:23:23 PM

I deleted my account on this.  Game play was insanely slow with little reward.

This. 

Slow as dirt gameplay + getting beaten down by some level 17 player when my heroes are level 2 = game over.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:19 AM

Ditto, cept i never bothered to delete my account.  I'm sorry if anyone was still part of my alliance.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 06:58:41 PM

I'm done.  "End game" is really annoying.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:42 PM

I got midway through building up my second city and just got bored. Everything took too long.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: HoMM Kingdoms  
Jump to: